Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. (3349 Views)

“God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars / Election For New Pope To Begin On Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by Nobody: 5:26am On Mar 31, 2013
Pope Francis led the Easter vigil Mass in St Peter's Basilica on Saturday
New Pope
Pope Francis is set to celebrate his first Easter Sunday since his election with an open-air Mass in St Peter's Square.
He will then deliver a speech to Rome and tothe world - the "Urbi et Orbi" address - from a balcony of St Peter's.
Easter is the most important festival in the Christian calendar.
At an Easter vigil Mass in St Peter's, the Pope appealed to non-believers and lapsed Catholics to "step forward" towards God.
"Let the risen Jesus enter your life, welcome him as a friend, with trust: he is life! If up till now you have kept him at a distance, step forward," Pope Francis said.
"He will receive you with open arms."
At the start of the service, the basilica was kept dark to signify Jesus' tomb before whatChristians believe was his resurrection. The Pope and the congregation held candles.
The service was shorter than usual, which the Vatican said was in line with Francis' preference for shorter Masses.
Surprised clerics
The Pope, formerly Buenos Aires ArchbishopJorge Mario Bergoglio, was elected on 13 March.
He is the first non-European pope for almost1,300 years.
The BBC's David Willey reports from Rome that the 76-year-old has already set a new style at the Vatican, shortening religious services, reaching out easily to ordinary people, and expressing his thoughts in a conversational way that is easy to understand.
He has surprised many of the clerics who work at the Vatican, eating in a communal dining room with other priests and clearly finding much traditional Vatican ceremonial tedious, our correspondent says.
Rather than moving into grand papal apartments, Pope Francis has remained in a Vatican guesthouse, where he has been inviting ordinary people to morning Mass.
In the days before Easter, the Pope reached out to women and Muslims.
During a Holy Thursday Mass at a youth detention centre he washed and kissed the feet of 12 people, including two girls and two Muslims, and in a Good Friday procession he appealed to "Muslim brothers and sisters" in the Middle Easthttp://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21986185

9 Likes

Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by hurricaneChris: 7:27am On Mar 31, 2013
I can't wait for his Easter prayers and greetings in more than 100 languages.

The last time Pope Benedict prayed for our country Nigeria during easter, he prayed against the killings in d North....especially the Christmas day bombing in Madalla. After which he prayed for Syria, Somalia and Iran!

3 Likes

Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by Smartluv(m): 9:38am On Mar 31, 2013
long live our pope. Pope francis 1. U hv shown d world how be humble. May ur reign as papalcy bring peace and religious torlerance to d world

5 Likes

Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by raynold(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2013
watching the Easter service live on EWTN.proudly Catholic

4 Likes

Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by jimino(m): 11:32am On Mar 31, 2013
I pray 2 God 2 use pope francis 2 change d world 4rm bad 2 good as he continue 2 show gud nd examplary life of leadership spiritual, morally and otherwise 2 every1 inrrespective of our diffirence in Jesus name. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by woky: 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
long live his HOLINESS

1 Like

Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
The Vile Perversions of these "Religions", if you notice they always put a negative taboo on bizarre acts they seem to seek

This is what happens when Barbarians run the world and brainwashed the more primitive Darker Sheep of Society

Barbarians...and Sheep...

Barbarians....and Sheep......

Barbarians....and Sheep.......

I am Neither, This Satanic Sorcery Could Never Imprison My Mind.......

A Free Being, Uninhabited by Fictional Bars and Fabricated Spirits...A Mental E-Lyric of Religious Satiric

At 5 Years of Age i Asked My Extremely Religious Mother how in the hell can a human live to 900 years old...

The Biitch had no Answers....

Thus an Immortal Atheist was Born.

Lady get the hell out of my room with This Foolishness and close the Goddamn Door, Ain't nobody trynna hear this Nonsense

Oh yes, Oh yes, a Sheep she Sure Was

Barbarians and Sheep.........

Barbarians and Sheep.......

[size=5pt]Barbarians and Sheep....................[/size]

Barbarians and Sheep.....

Barbarians and Sheep..........

1 Like

Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 31, 2013
God bless the pope and the catholic church.
Thank u Jesus for dying for me. Lent season is over.
Thank you Lord for grace of abstinence that helps us reflect on d true reasons for our existence.
Forgive those that talked ill about abstinence from meat only twice a year and yet they stage their own fasting in church and claim "holier than thou"
In all,give us d grace to continue in d spirit of easter.

He is risen indeed. Glory to Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2013
I make the front page dancing azonto,kukere and galala.
Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by obicentlis: 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2013
Not surprise!
Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
woky: long live his HOLINESS
long live the catholic faithful

2 Likes

Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by iykemanchi(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: The Vile Perversions of these "Religions", if you notice they always put a negative taboo on bizarre acts they seem to seek

This is what happens when Barbarians run the world and brainwashed the more primitive Darker Sheep of Society

A Free Being, Uninhabited by Fictional Bars and Fabricated Spirits...A Mental E-Lyric of Religious Satiric

At 5 Years of Age i Asked My Extremely Religious Mother how in the hell can a human live to 900 years old...

Lady get the hell out of my room with This Foolishness and close the Goddamn Door, Ain't nobody trynna hear this Nonsense

Father pls Forgive him for he known not what he's saying.
May u be delivered in Jesus Name!! Amen

2 Likes

Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by julioralph(m): 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
Thats so nice.
Happy Easter to all Nairalanders.
Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
iykemanchi:

Father pls Forgive him for he known not what he's saying.
May u be delivered in Jesus Name!! Amen

You Gotta Be Kidding Me......

Pray to "Father" to release you from Mental Enslavement, I am Doing Just Fine while being a :Free Being:
smiley
Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by vanstanzy(m): 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pope Franciscum is HUMILITY DEFINED! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by vanstanzy(m): 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: The Vile Perversions of these "Religions", if you notice they always put a negative taboo on bizarre acts they seem to seek

Huh!!! shocked shocked Nigger... u've certainly gone LOKKO! BUNKERS! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. by toshmann(m): 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2013

If you can call your mother a biiitch shocked
I dont know about yours but My own mother is my queen smiley

(1) (Reply)

. / A Prayer For Seun Osewa / The Three Wise Men in the bible Are Stargazers (astrologer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.