Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars (20994 Views)

Pope To Lead Easter Celebration. / Election For New Pope To Begin On Tuesday / Catholic Pope To Be Charged To Court (ICC, Hague) For Crimes Against Humanity! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by fredoooooo: 11:32am On Jul 07, 2013
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Francis said on Saturday it pained him to see priests driving flashy cars, and told them to pick something more "humble".

As part of his drive to make the Catholic Church more austere and focus on the poor, Francis told young and trainee priests and nuns from around the world that having the latest smartphone or fashion accessory was not the route to happiness.

"It hurts me when I see a priest or a nun with the latest model car, you can't do this," he said.
"A car is necessary to do a lot of work, but please, choose a more humble one. If you like the fancy one, just think about how many children are dying of hunger in the world," he said.

Since succeeding Pope Benedict in March, the former cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina has eschewed some of the more ostentatious trappings of his office and has chosen to live in a Vatican guest house rather than the opulent papal apartments.

The ANSA news agency said the pope's car of choice for moving around the walled Vatican City was a compact Ford Focus.

(Reporting By Catherine Hornby; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)

http://news.yahoo.com/jesus-drive-pope-tells-priests-buy-humble-cars-183903106.html

39 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
Humble cars

Doesn't he know men of God don't use cars anymore?

He should be telling them to buy Humble jets grin grin

Meanwhile...Glory be to God on this most joyous and glorious of occasions...a day where he has deemed it fit to bless my hustle...and crown my posting endeavours with pole position on this thread

All praise be to Jehovah. I would also like to shout out to my mummy and my daddy...and my headmaster Mr Friday

77 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by zuma4k(m): 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hmmm.... Okkkkk oh!
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Tell them!!!

1 Like

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by brightedge(m): 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
Nice one pope. Tell our pastors here to buy more "humble jets".
jackbauersballs:

Humble cars

2 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Rick9(m): 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
Am i 6th
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by scaler345: 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
I bet this Pope is not that current with what's happening in god's world these days.

Humble Cars ke
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Bantino(m): 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
How I wish 'others' could be like him

7 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by 2goodbobo(m): 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
Dear Pope, in this part of the world,some are using jets and planes. Please come and admonish them.

#teamhumble#

2 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Gifted4all(m): 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
I tink dat shd b for d pastors abroad cos in 9ja he shd tell dem to buy humble jets
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Kizyte(m): 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
God bless Pope Francis! God bless the world!

15 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by mascot87(m): 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
scaler345: I bet this Pope is not that current with what's happening in god's world these days.

Humble Cars ke
Thank God you said god not God.

1 Like

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by whitecaleb2010: 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
Thanks for you fatherly advice, but do extend this advice to nigerian priests...
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by dare2think: 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pope is still living in the past century!!

Nigerian Mog are past humble cars, they need humble Private Jets
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2013
Humble cars undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
Car de humble? Wow.. Punnies could be humble too.. Pope Francis, ride on
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by JackBaueress(f): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
Can someone please tell me types of humble cars we have?
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by sobaemma(m): 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2013
Of course,the pope is right,why will the pastor of a church be driving 30 million cars why his members barely feed

2 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2013
A true m.o.g leading by example! Long live sir!

1 Like

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Meringe(m): 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2013
Long live to The Pope

Long live to The Holy Roman Catholic Church

10 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by k2039: 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by ritux: 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
My parish priest uses a clean Venza and 2011 Camry. I wonder how he got them.
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Paschal360: 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
But the pope uses bullet proof cars. angry
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by donpeluchi(m): 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
This is how a leader should think.. God bless our Pope

2 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by xynerise: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
Jack Baueress: Can someone please tell me types of humble cars we have?
Peugeot 504

3 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by KaineYuzedo(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
And to tink that ma fada the Oyoyo want to do thsankgevine with 5 big ochara jip next weak, i gess dey will mek do with the keke marwa Oyoyo will dash them now... dis pope spoil macket no be small grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by fredoooooo: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
jackbauersballs: Humble cars

Meanwhile...Glory be to God on this most joyous and glorious of occasions...a day where he has deemed it fit to bless my hustle...and crown my posting endeavours with pole position on this thread

All praise be to Jehovah. I would also like to shout out to my mummy and my daddy...and my headmaster Mr Friday

remember to drop your tithe at the OP'S corner ,for the first commentgrin grin grin
lmao @ humble jets grin grin grin
Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
Paschal360: But the pope uses bullet proof cars. angry

For security reasons, not to show off. I'm sure you're not too young to recall the almost fatal assassination attempt on the late Pope John Paul II.

"A car is necessary to do a lot of work, but please, choose a more humble one. If you like the fancy one, just think about how many children are dying of hunger in the world," he said.

This is beautiful. Makes me feel proud to be Roman Catholic. These money-crazed new generation 'men of god' would NEVER have spiritual authority over me.

28 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ministers of God should know that their life style influence their followers. Moderation is needed in the dressing, cars & everyday life of Christians.
jackbauersballs:

I m not suprised that you v been infected with the 1st to comment virus. Just try & contact Okija juju Herbal Clinic in Onitsha for antiretroviral drugs (AVR). Get well soon.
Last Bullet: I ll only be amazed if seun or one of the mods post '1st to comment'.

4 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
The catholic church should sell their assets and gold reserves worth over 5 billion dollars and give the money to the poor, only then will we believe this so called church has changed.

smiley

5 Likes

Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by Christmasdon(m): 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
..yes! I fink the pope is frying to tell the priests to be more humble per!od.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up / Here is why you Sleep in Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.