Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,365 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

My Short Film Script- PARANOIA - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Short Film Script- PARANOIA (17551 Views)

'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Wildfire - A Short Film Script / Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 08, 2013
Beautiful write-up. Kept me guessing right till the end.
At first it seemed like the story of a man who chose not to give up on his dreams. And then it shifted, into the story of a serial killer up to that of a man who realised his problems were little compared to others....... The story kept the mind busy. The image concept is creative.

This could be developed into a soap. You know more about the street and its strange inhabitants.

On a lighter note, the guy just got his dreams delivered to him, years earlier........ Romance could brew between him and funmi.
The dog won't pose too much rivalry.

1 Like

Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Tuniks2: 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2013
nice, nice more grease 2 ur elbow. Would lyk to do d shooting wif u
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
As a scriptwriter myself, I appreciate the story on so many levels. First off, it's a unique idea. The plot is engaging. However, it needs to be fleshed out before it can truly be presentable for shooting. This 'fleshing' out can be done with a scriptwriter who knows what he or she is doing. I might be able to give you some more pointers on how to proceed, but I feel that you've already given away too much info on your script, hell. . . you've practically sent it out, now, anyone can steal it and develop it. For that reason, I wouldn't want to give you ideas which anyone can just pick up and make the story complete, then take credit for it.
You may reach me on ejogoken@yahoo.com for pointers.
Once again, it's a great idea
sholay2011: Hello. I just drafted this 'insane' short film script and would love to be constructively criticised.
It's just a 6-page script, so don't be bothered about it taaking too much of your time. It's entitled 'paranoia'.

Please, find the attached document and see it below:

[size=15pt]PARANOIA[/size]

LOGLINE

A young man becomes deranged after losing his job. He starts seeing his new neighbour as his greatest enemy as a result of self-deception. On getting to know his‘neighbour’s wife’, he discovers real paranoia.

CHARACTERS

Thompson- A plain man in his early 30s, with moustache and a sparkle in his eyes

Funmi- A pretty lady in her late 20s, with a slightly unkempt hairdo and a quirky smile

Mrs Eze- A woman in her early 40s, well-dressed in a corporate sense

(Thompson’s) image- Same as Thompson

SCENE 1

(Thompson, wearing a short and t-shirt, is in deep thoughts on his mattress. He rolls from one side of the bed to another with tears rolling down his eyes. He flashes back:

MRS.EZE: So, where do you see yourself in the next…say five years?

THOMPSON: I can’t really say. Five years is not that long. My personal target is to have achieved some things by age 30.

MRS. EZE: May I know those things?

THOMPSON: Well, I see myself…you know…having a beautiful wife with two lovely kids, a house that’s mine, doing a lucrative job I love and…and…that’s it.

MRS. EZE: That’s it?

THOMPSON: yes, that’s it.
(He stands up weakly from the bed, staring at his image in the mirror. He then picks a paper and pen and writes down some things. He stares at the mirror again.)

THOMPSON: All my dreams are just…dreams that they are. They are not real…

IMAGE: Who told you so? Thompson! When did you become this faint-hearted? The fact that you are a little above thirty doesn’t mean you can’t achieve all your dreams. It’s never too late. Don’t give up.

THOMPSON: (sobs) I sincerely think it is too late.

IMAGE: It isn’t! Stop that! You can start achieving your dreams…starting from now.

THOMPSON: How is that possible? I just got laid off from work last…

IMAGE: (interrupts) so? Remember the pretty lady you saw during yesterday’s morning exercise…

(Thompson is seen jogging and suddenly stops. He fixes his gaze at a woman who is on her way to work and then smiles to himself.)

IMAGE: What stops her from being your wife? The mistake people make in life is to be rigid about everything. Don’t! You don’t have to start with a well-paid job before you start doing other things that matter. Go for it! Go for it!

THOMPSON: Okay…okay, I will go for it. (His image smiles)

SCENE 2

(Thompson, wearing a trouser and a jersey, is seen jogging and stops in front of a house. A woman comes out of the house, holding her handbag and busy with her cell phone. He clears his throat and quickly walks up to her)

THOMPSON: Em…hello. Good morning.

FUNMI: Morning. (There is a brief and awkward silence.)

THOMPSON: I’m Thompson. Nice meeting you. (They shake hands.)

FUNMI: I’m Funmi. Oh...are you the new neighbour that just moved into our street?

THOMPSON: Exactly.

FUNMI: You are welcome.

THOMPSON: Thanks. You really look beautiful. I mean you are every man’s…

FUNMI: Em…thank you. I’m already late to work…

THOMPSON:I guess you are single, right?

FUNMI: I beg your pardon. That sounds rude for someone you are just meeting for the first time.

THOMPSON: Nothing new under the sun. That’s why people say love at first sight.

FUNMI: I’m sorry but I am happily married with two lovely kids. (She shows him her ring finger.) I would like you to respect that.

THOMPSON: (Shocked) Two…two lovely kids? That’s…that’s…and this is your husband’s house?

FUNMI: (scoffs) You sound scary. I would love you to excuse me. (Looks at her wristwatch and leaves for work)

SCENE 3

(Thompson, in his short and t-shirt, washes his face into a bowl and sits in front of his mirror, staring at his image.)

THOMPSON: I can’t believe she is married…

IMAGE: Thompson! I hope you see what I’m seeing. That is your dream!

THOMPSON: I don’t understand.

IMAGE: Don’t sound dumb. All you’ve ever wanted is what her husband has! You name it- a beautiful wife, two lovely kids, a house of your own and…he probably has a nice job for him to have that house. And you know what; he should be in your age range. Your next door neighbour is living out your dream!

THOMPSON: So…so what can I do? What should I do?

IMAGE: You don’t deserve your present state, Thompson. Have you asked too much from life? Many want to become the President, the governor, the CEO of a bank, a world-class surgeon and so on; but all you asked for is a comfortable life. But life was unfair to you; it made you very plain, not that intelligent and presently jobless. It made your friends run away from you thinking you are crazy. Your dream life is just a stone throw from you. What matters is if you are brave enough to get it.

THOMPSON: (Taps the table) I am brave enough. What can I do?

IMAGE: That man is basically sleeping with your wife, fathering your children and staying in your house! You need to get him out of there…you need to take him out…

THOMPSON: how do I take him out?

IMAGE: Are you asking me?

SCENE 4

(It’s 5.30 pm. There is a knock at the door. Funmi, now wearing an evening gown, opens it and finds Thompson by the door. He quickly hides the sharp knife in his hand in a small bag)

THOMPSON: Good evening. I am here to apologise for…for yesterday’s episode. I guess we didn’t meet on a good note.

FUNMI: (smiles) No problem. Apology accepted.

THOMPSON: is your husband home? I would like to say hello to him.

FUNMI: He is not yet back from work but you can wait for him.

THOMPSON: That’s a good idea.
(Thompson is seated in the well-furnished living room, sipping a drink.)

THOMPSON: What of the children?

FUNMI: they are back from school. They should be in their room busy with their assignments.

THOMPSON: Nice. A boy and a girl?

FUNMI: Exactly.

THOMPSON: Oh…well.

FUNMI: Yeah I know…lucky me. Or…would you like to meet them?

THOMPSON: of course. (She goes inside and comes back with two dolls! She places them gently on the sofa.)

FUNMI: Here they are. That’s Tade; he is in primary four by now. The girl is Titi; she is about to leave primary school. So…

THOMPSON: (shocked) What the…? I asked for your…your children…not…not

FUNMI: Well, I’m happy you’ve met them. My husband always comes around six. I hope you can wait till then.

THOMPSON: (confused) I…I will try.

FUNMI: By the way, you scared me yesterday when you walked up to me. You kind of sounded crazy…but you know…I just had to maintain my cool.

THOMPSON: Oh really?

FUNMI: Yes. Welcome to AyedaadeStreet. You see, people here are strange. They just kind of avoid me and my family as if something is wrong with us but who cares? It’s not like I beg people to make a living. (Checks her wristwatch) Oh…it’s almost time. My darling should be around by now.

THOMPSON: Doesn’t he have a car because I can’t hear any sound of…?

FUNMI: (interrupts) Don’t worry; I always know when he is around. Tade and Titi, daddy is back. (She goes to open the door, and a dog runs inside barking. She closes the door gently and sits down.)

THOMPSON: Don’t tell me…

FUNMI: (cuts in) I think he is very tired and hungry now. I have to get him his food. You may have to come back tomorrow. I’m very sorry.

THOMPSON: Em…I see. (Swallows saliva and stands up, with his leg shaking) Thanks for the…the hospitality…and introduction to your family.

FUNMI: (smiling) it’s my pleasure. I am very happy to finally have a friend on this street. I think we are like minds.

THOMPSON: Oh…indeed. (He walks briskly out of the house.)

FUNMI: We would be expecting you some other time. Bye! The children are also greeting you…

THOMPSON:Yeah…bye. (Starts walking towards his house quickly; talks silently) oh my God! Am I dreaming? That’s one hell of a classic mad woman!

*LIGHT OUT*

‘I complained I had no shoes, not until I saw someone without legs’.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by An0nimus: 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
Fumni should be working at a Psych Ward cool..*in Yinka Davies' voice* Welldone!!!
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Shadydamsel(f): 3:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
How can I create a topic on nairaland pls?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by BANGASOUP1: 4:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
sholay2011: Hello. I just drafted this 'insane' short film script and would love to be constructively criticised.
It's just a 6-page script, so don't be bothered about it taaking too much of your time. It's entitled 'paranoia'.

Please, find the attached document and see it below:

[size=15pt]PARANOIA[/size]

LOGLINE

A young man becomes deranged after losing his job. He starts seeing his new neighbour as his greatest enemy as a result of self-deception. On getting to know his‘neighbour’s wife’, he discovers real paranoia.

CHARACTERS

Thompson- A plain man in his early 30s, with moustache and a sparkle in his eyes

Funmi- A pretty lady in her late 20s, with a slightly unkempt hairdo and a quirky smile

Mrs Eze- A woman in her early 40s, well-dressed in a corporate sense

(Thompson’s) image- Same as Thompson

SCENE 1

(Thompson, wearing a short and t-shirt, is in deep thoughts on his mattress. He rolls from one side of the bed to another with tears rolling down his eyes. He flashes back:

MRS.EZE: So, where do you see yourself in the next…say five years?

THOMPSON: I can’t really say. Five years is not that long. My personal target is to have achieved some things by age 30.

MRS. EZE: May I know those things?

THOMPSON: Well, I see myself…you know…having a beautiful wife with two lovely kids, a house that’s mine, doing a lucrative job I love and…and…that’s it.

MRS. EZE: That’s it?

THOMPSON: yes, that’s it.
(He stands up weakly from the bed, staring at his image in the mirror. He then picks a paper and pen and writes down some things. He stares at the mirror again.)

THOMPSON: All my dreams are just…dreams that they are. They are not real…

IMAGE: Who told you so? Thompson! When did you become this faint-hearted? The fact that you are a little above thirty doesn’t mean you can’t achieve all your dreams. It’s never too late. Don’t give up.

THOMPSON: (sobs) I sincerely think it is too late.

IMAGE: It isn’t! Stop that! You can start achieving your dreams…starting from now.

THOMPSON: How is that possible? I just got laid off from work last…

IMAGE: (interrupts) so? Remember the pretty lady you saw during yesterday’s morning exercise…

(Thompson is seen jogging and suddenly stops. He fixes his gaze at a woman who is on her way to work and then smiles to himself.)

IMAGE: What stops her from being your wife? The mistake people make in life is to be rigid about everything. Don’t! You don’t have to start with a well-paid job before you start doing other things that matter. Go for it! Go for it!

THOMPSON: Okay…okay, I will go for it. (His image smiles)

SCENE 2

(Thompson, wearing a trouser and a jersey, is seen jogging and stops in front of a house. A woman comes out of the house, holding her handbag and busy with her cell phone. He clears his throat and quickly walks up to her)

THOMPSON: Em…hello. Good morning.

FUNMI: Morning. (There is a brief and awkward silence.)

THOMPSON: I’m Thompson. Nice meeting you. (They shake hands.)

FUNMI: I’m Funmi. Oh...are you the new neighbour that just moved into our street?

THOMPSON: Exactly.

FUNMI: You are welcome.

THOMPSON: Thanks. You really look beautiful. I mean you are every man’s…

FUNMI: Em…thank you. I’m already late to work…

THOMPSON:I guess you are single, right?

FUNMI: I beg your pardon. That sounds rude for someone you are just meeting for the first time.

THOMPSON: Nothing new under the sun. That’s why people say love at first sight.

FUNMI: I’m sorry but I am happily married with two lovely kids. (She shows him her ring finger.) I would like you to respect that.

THOMPSON: (Shocked) Two…two lovely kids? That’s…that’s…and this is your husband’s house?

FUNMI: (scoffs) You sound scary. I would love you to excuse me. (Looks at her wristwatch and leaves for work)

SCENE 3

(Thompson, in his short and t-shirt, washes his face into a bowl and sits in front of his mirror, staring at his image.)

THOMPSON: I can’t believe she is married…

IMAGE: Thompson! I hope you see what I’m seeing. That is your dream!

THOMPSON: I don’t understand.

IMAGE: Don’t sound dumb. All you’ve ever wanted is what her husband has! You name it- a beautiful wife, two lovely kids, a house of your own and…he probably has a nice job for him to have that house. And you know what; he should be in your age range. Your next door neighbour is living out your dream!

THOMPSON: So…so what can I do? What should I do?

IMAGE: You don’t deserve your present state, Thompson. Have you asked too much from life? Many want to become the President, the governor, the CEO of a bank, a world-class surgeon and so on; but all you asked for is a comfortable life. But life was unfair to you; it made you very plain, not that intelligent and presently jobless. It made your friends run away from you thinking you are crazy. Your dream life is just a stone throw from you. What matters is if you are brave enough to get it.

THOMPSON: (Taps the table) I am brave enough. What can I do?

IMAGE: That man is basically sleeping with your wife, fathering your children and staying in your house! You need to get him out of there…you need to take him out…

THOMPSON: how do I take him out?

IMAGE: Are you asking me?

SCENE 4

(It’s 5.30 pm. There is a knock at the door. Funmi, now wearing an evening gown, opens it and finds Thompson by the door. He quickly hides the sharp knife in his hand in a small bag)

THOMPSON: Good evening. I am here to apologise for…for yesterday’s episode. I guess we didn’t meet on a good note.

FUNMI: (smiles) No problem. Apology accepted.

THOMPSON: is your husband home? I would like to say hello to him.

FUNMI: He is not yet back from work but you can wait for him.

THOMPSON: That’s a good idea.
(Thompson is seated in the well-furnished living room, sipping a drink.)

THOMPSON: What of the children?

FUNMI: they are back from school. They should be in their room busy with their assignments.

THOMPSON: Nice. A boy and a girl?

FUNMI: Exactly.

THOMPSON: Oh…well.

FUNMI: Yeah I know…lucky me. Or…would you like to meet them?

THOMPSON: of course. (She goes inside and comes back with two dolls! She places them gently on the sofa.)

FUNMI: Here they are. That’s Tade; he is in primary four by now. The girl is Titi; she is about to leave primary school. So…

THOMPSON: (shocked) What the…? I asked for your…your children…not…not

FUNMI: Well, I’m happy you’ve met them. My husband always comes around six. I hope you can wait till then.

THOMPSON: (confused) I…I will try.

FUNMI: By the way, you scared me yesterday when you walked up to me. You kind of sounded crazy…but you know…I just had to maintain my cool.

THOMPSON: Oh really?

FUNMI: Yes. Welcome to AyedaadeStreet. You see, people here are strange. They just kind of avoid me and my family as if something is wrong with us but who cares? It’s not like I beg people to make a living. (Checks her wristwatch) Oh…it’s almost time. My darling should be around by now.

THOMPSON: Doesn’t he have a car because I can’t hear any sound of…?

FUNMI: (interrupts) Don’t worry; I always know when he is around. Tade and Titi, daddy is back. (She goes to open the door, and a dog runs inside barking. She closes the door gently and sits down.)

THOMPSON: Don’t tell me…

FUNMI: (cuts in) I think he is very tired and hungry now. I have to get him his food. You may have to come back tomorrow. I’m very sorry.

THOMPSON: Em…I see. (Swallows saliva and stands up, with his leg shaking) Thanks for the…the hospitality…and introduction to your family.

FUNMI: (smiling) it’s my pleasure. I am very happy to finally have a friend on this street. I think we are like minds.

THOMPSON: Oh…indeed. (He walks briskly out of the house.)

FUNMI: We would be expecting you some other time. Bye! The children are also greeting you…

THOMPSON:Yeah…bye. (Starts walking towards his house quickly; talks silently) oh my God! Am I dreaming? That’s one hell of a classic mad woman!

*LIGHT OUT*

‘I complained I had no shoes, not until I saw someone without legs’.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by MahatmaGhandi: 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
this is top class, can picture the TINSEL characters doing justice to this one, the picture of this in my head is too beautiful, pls i will like to audition.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Ignatio(m): 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
This will make a nice short film. Nice story.

And for those that sayid they don't understand it need people to understand them first.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by waziriu(m): 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
Short and sweet and giving us the readers enough information to ingest the scene in an abyss of potential follow-on scenarios. Get it out there onto YouTube and find out whether people like it. I personally love in in 1D (Read it) but in 2D (Watching it) you shall be bringing your idea to life. With enough views , Youtube shall pay you for content. It's not about the revenue from Youtube but your potential as a writer.

I have juice secreting creative episodes as well and can appreciate your natural effort.

As Nike would say, Just Do It. And Obama would also say' Yes we can'. See you at the Festival De Cannes.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
Marvin G: As a scriptwriter myself, I appreciate the story on so many levels. First off, it's a unique idea. The plot is engaging. However, it needs to be fleshed out before it can truly be presentable for shooting. This 'fleshing' out can be done with a scriptwriter who knows what he or she is doing. I might be able to give you some more pointers on how to proceed, but I feel that you've already given away too much info on your script, hell. . . you've practically sent it out, now, anyone can steal it and develop it. For that reason, I wouldn't want to give you ideas which anyone can just pick up and make the story complete, then take credit for it.
You may reach me on ejogoken@yahoo.com for pointers.
Once again, it
's a great idea
Thanks very much. My email is oladesuolusola@yahoo.com. I would appreciate your 'fleshing out' tips. Thanks once again.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by omidhe(f): 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
Surprising how everyone look at the story from the physical , I guess the writer himself didn't know how much abstract work he has created . Beautiful imagery. I belive the whole event happens in Thompson's head , between his sub-conciousness, a man who has built his own enemy , in other that he might have someone to blame for the woes that have befall him ,only for him for him to find out that he is stronger than the enemy he has created , and in all of that , his supposed enemy -the dog his happier than him . Lesson learnt , in all be contended with what you have , and if you want more in life , stand up and hustle for it , instead of looking for who to blame for your failure . Fumi probably most have looked everywhere for happiness -husband and kids , and since none was forthcoming , she created her happiness herself -the dog , and the dolls .lesson learnt , life will give to you what you first give to yourself , happiness is from within , nobody who cteat yours for you . Hey sholay , am a script writer , too . U wanna hook up ? Great work you 'v got there, I must say welldone .

1 Like

Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
Even much better. Just by adding the character description - 'She has unkempt hair with a quirky smile' makes such a HUGE difference to the reading of it. With that you have BUILT a character long before we even get to know anything about her and you have now done the 'perfect' thing to your audience... you took them to the top of the cliff and then you pushed them off it... simply brilliant!! Totally love this!

1 Like

Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by kunlefox(m): 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
omidhe: Surprising how everyone look at the story from the physical , I guess the writer himself didn't know how much abstract work he has created . Beautiful imagery. I belive the whole event happens in Thompson's head , between his sub-conciousness, a man who has built his own enemy , in other that he might have someone to blame for the woes that have befall him ,only for him for him to find out that he is stronger than the enemy he has created , and in all of that , his supposed enemy -the dog his happier than him . Lesson learnt , in all be contended with what you have , and if you want more in life , stand up and hustle for it , instead of looking for who to blame for your failure . Fumi probably most have looked everywhere for happiness -husband and kids , and since none was forthcoming , she created her happiness herself -the dog , and the dolls .lesson learnt , life will give to you what you first give to yourself , happiness is from within , nobody who cteat yours for you . Hey sholay , am a script writer , too . U wanna hook up ? Great work you 'v got there, I must say welldone .

I totally agree with your point on the abstract reasoning...it's just that good of a script!
It's so good Sholay is getting the feedbacks and how people can relate with it in the abstract sense..Once again Welldone man! Welldone!
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Ogundale(m): 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
sholay2011:
Thanks. I'm in Akure.
see me on google lane avenue caliport
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2013
Personally I don't think you need to 'flesh' it out. Simple 'shorts' with a 'twist' work much better than 'trying-to-be-complex' shorts for the simple reason of time.
If developing it for a feature then you would have the liberty of TIME to really get into the 'bits & bobs' of your characters. You've done a damn good job of writing this and if there was something KEY that really was missing from it then you wouldn't have had such a great reaction to it.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by ocheejemb: 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
Haha...very goood...didnt see that one coming...you should shoot this
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2013
omidhe: Surprising how everyone look at the story from the physical , I guess the writer himself didn't know how much abstract work he has created .

I think the writer deserves much more credit than that and that he DID KNOW absolutely what he was creating.

1 Like

Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
VillageBoi:

I think the writer deserves much more credit than that and that he DID KNOW absolutely what he was creating.
Thanks very much bro. You really see it from my view.
It's amazing how people also give deep interpretation from their angles on the same story.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by kunlefox(m): 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
VillageBoi:

I think she was actually complimenting him and looking at it on the abstract sense...Though the part she goes "I don't think the writer understand the abstract work he had created" sounded like she was undermining the writers' imagination but she definitely credited him for saying the script can be viewed in abstract sense which I agree with her and I'm not undermining his imagination..it's a beautiful piece!
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
sholay2011:
Thanks very much bro. You really see it from my view.
It's amazing how people also give deep interpretation from their angles on the same story.

You know you have done an amazing job when 'your audience' comes out of the film-viewing/script-reading and are debating/arguing about what they've just watched/read. You've hit a mega nail on the head. Keep it up man!!
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
kunle fox:
I think she was actually complimenting him and looking at it on the abstract sense...Though the part she goes "I don't think the writer understand the abstract work he had created" sounded like she was undermining the writers' imagination but she definitely credited him for saying the script can be viewed in abstract sense which I agree with her and I'm not undermining his imagery..it's a beautiful piece!

Thanks for that clarification (if it is so). The line I responded to didn't read as a compliment even though some other parts of her post did.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by SOJ111(m): 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
I think this is fantastic, I don't know what it was like before but its completely edited and perfect when I read it. Its intelligent, concise and straight to the point. Bravo!
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by biolabee(m): 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
Sweet story bro

There is breadth for expansion

More xters on the street, funmi stalking Thompson , office things

Keep at it n u never know you can Have another cosmopolis
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by ojesoj(m): 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2013
@sholay2011, i admire ur zeal 4 script writing. i would like 2 work with you on future films.even this short script also if yu ar in abuja. am an aspiring filmmaker. My only issue is script writting. I have a lot of stories i av written that would sell in million naira wen shot wen converted 2 creative script. I would like 2 work with you. I av a good skill in directing.i hav all necessary camera,lights and tripod. Are you ok i make d movie 4 ds short film
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by obask(m): 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
This is a splendid write up. I love d interpretation of d characters words....short n precise....I will like to see more represention of d character of d image.......is a gud work...u need to make more link wth d other character ...esp d Mrs..n to more editing...keep it up.......u r getting dere bro..one love
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by ghettodreamz(m): 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
Even though, I haven't been active on Nairaland in the recent times, I couldn't help it but log in to drop a comment. Nice job you have here, I always appreciate intellectual abilities, whenever I see or smell one, this is no doubt a brilliant piece of art work, only one or two touches to it, with the right resourceful people, then you are there.

Eku ishe opolo, ko ni tan nibe~

All the best.

1 Like

Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by ojesoj(m): 5:26pm On Apr 08, 2013
@sholay2011, where you base bros.......we need to make film that Nigerians can actually go the cinema, enjoy paying their hard earn resources to get entertain
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by semid4lyfe(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
Not sure but I think this is the first movie script to make Nairaland homepage.

Congrats to the OP for making history grin
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by kaybest1: 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
men i cant stop reading again and again your view about the story
sure you must be a great writer.
omidhe: Surprising how everyone look at the story from the physical , I guess the writer himself didn't know how much abstract work he has created . Beautiful imagery. I belive the whole event happens in Thompson's head , between his sub-conciousness, a man who has built his own enemy , in other that he might have someone to blame for the woes that have befall him ,only for him for him to find out that he is stronger than the enemy he has created , and in all of that , his supposed enemy -the dog his happier than him . Lesson learnt , in all be contended with what you have , and if you want more in life , stand up and hustle for it , instead of looking for who to blame for your failure . Fumi probably most have looked everywhere for happiness -husband and kids , and since none was forthcoming , she created her happiness herself -the dog , and the dolls .lesson learnt , life will give to you what you first give to yourself , happiness is from within , nobody who cteat yours for you . Hey sholay , am a script writer , too . U wanna hook up ? Great work you 'v got there, I must say welldone .
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
semid4lyfe: Not sure but I think this is the first movie script to make Nairaland homepage.

Congrats to the OP for making history grin
LOLz! Thanks sir.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
I am very impressed at the way you 'dissected' the story. You must be a very good writer.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Dejiteru: 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
Great job, how can I get permission to shoot this?....I will love to bring this script to life.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tunde Kelani’s ‘Ayinla’ Movie To Hit Cinemas On June 18 / Spartacus, A Series Worth Watching / Bbnaija: Saga Never Asked Me Out, Nini Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.