Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Pope Francis Pray And Wishes Peace For Africa, Mentions Nigeria In Particular - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Pray And Wishes Peace For Africa, Mentions Nigeria In Particular (800 Views)

Yahweh, Elohim, Adonai's Covenant Of Peace For We The Children Of Y'istraeli / If USA Attacks Syria, There Will Be No Peace For Years – Prophet TB Joshua / Why Can't Pastor E.adeboye, Chris Oyakhilome, T.b Joshua Pray And Heal Yaradua. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Pray And Wishes Peace For Africa, Mentions Nigeria In Particular by Ubenedictus(m): 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pope francis has prayed and wished peace for the world troubled region, Africa and Nigeria in particular, he did this from the balcony of st peter's basilica during this year easter address popularly called the urbi et orbi (to the city and to the world) and given just after the easter mass. He said:
peace for Africa still the scene of violent conflict and in mali, may unity and stability be restored, in Nigeria where attacks sadly continue threathening the lives of many innocent people and a great number of persons are held hostage by terrorist groups he went on to appeal for peace in Congo and the Central African Republic.

This message comes as christians in general and Catholics in particular celebrate the resurrection of Christ which marks for them a defeat of evil by good, death by life, sin by love and justice by mercy. It is a time when christian celebrate Christ who by his death and resurrection brought "true peace".
The full address may be found here http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/pope-francis-urbi-et-orbi-address-full-text
Re: Pope Francis Pray And Wishes Peace For Africa, Mentions Nigeria In Particular by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 01, 2013
False prayer. The Catholic church has always been of the brains behind mischief and wars.

Below is a picture of the church supporting hitler.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Pray And Wishes Peace For Africa, Mentions Nigeria In Particular by Ubenedictus(m): 9:04am On Apr 01, 2013
Segeggs: False prayer. The Catholic church has always been of the brains behind mischief and wars.

Below is a picture of the church supporting hitler.
let me check again, oh!! Yes, i see one man with another man on uniform! Wow!
Is one man the whole catholic church? Or is that the pope?
My dear, if you have a problem with the catholic church open a thread to trash it, i didnt open this thread to talk about hitler and if i was interested in all the stuff clegy has supported then i'll have pictures of protestant pastors supporting abortion and homosexuality. But that isn't the aim of the thread.
If you really don't have any peace wishes for you country and you are only interested in criticising those who wish her peace then kindly view and walk pass.
Thanks and happy pascha.
Re: Pope Francis Pray And Wishes Peace For Africa, Mentions Nigeria In Particular by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 01, 2013
Pls open a thread on protestant supporting gay marriage cos i dont support them too. Mind you my friend, he doesnt have any good intention for naija even with his hypocritical prayer-what i was pointing out.
Re: Pope Francis Pray And Wishes Peace For Africa, Mentions Nigeria In Particular by Ubenedictus(m): 12:24pm On Apr 01, 2013
Segeggs: Pls open a thread on protestant supporting gay marriage cos i dont support them too. Mind you my friend, he doesnt have any good intention for naija even with his hypocritical prayer-what i was pointing out.
its i pity am not into bashing other people.
So peace isn't a good intention? It seem u'll have to tell me how you define good intention.
Re: Pope Francis Pray And Wishes Peace For Africa, Mentions Nigeria In Particular by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2013
^ how can the devil pray for peace?
Re: Pope Francis Pray And Wishes Peace For Africa, Mentions Nigeria In Particular by Ubenedictus(m): 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
Segeggs: ^ how can the devil pray for peace?
if for you the pope is the devil, then i guess you just say your 'devil' pray for peace in Jesus name!+have a niece day.
Re: Pope Francis Pray And Wishes Peace For Africa, Mentions Nigeria In Particular by tpia5: 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2013
shocked @ topic.

nigeria, always in the news, and of special mention. shocked

(1) (Reply)

Man Loses Man Hood A Few Minutes After Giving N50 To Beggar / I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Monday 10th June, 2013 Seek Wisdom By Pastor E. A. Ad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.