Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read (1317 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / To My Muslim Brothers: Don't Drink The New Fanta Apple! / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 01, 2013
Hello muslim nairalanders,why is it that when muslims are about to do their early morning prayers,the whole neighbourhood will not sleep again.the worst part of it is that they will face their loudspeakers towards the window of my room (thats because we live very close to a mosque) even though i am not a muslim,just by the virtue of the fact that i stay close to a mosque,i know all the lines.once i hear alawu akba,i just wake up,of course i am aware christians too practice this,when they are doing night vigil,they bring out their loudspeakers and even raise it to the highest volume without considering the fact that its a residential area and people must be tired.as a matter of fact,what i am telling you right here is what i've spoken to our deacon about and he said he will talk to to the pastor.i heard its wake up cry or wake up call,however as an alternative to the inconvenience and interuption of others sleep,especially those who are not in your faith,cant you ask the youth leader, to send a reminder text,bbm messages,whatsapp messages etc to the faithfuls instead of forcing everyone wo wake up because you are praying.the point of all this story is that we should learn to be considerate about others in our ways or means of worship irrespective of your religion,i hope this is not offending anybody,thanks
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read by maclatunji: 10:53am On Apr 01, 2013
The Adhan or call to prayer is an essential part of Salat (Muslim Worship tagged prayer in English). However, this does not mean the mosque should constitute nuisance with noise pollution.

There are laws stipulating the acceptable decibel levels for places of worship. If you feel the mosques speakers are too loud, inform its Imam or Executive Board. If that doesn't work report to the relevant government environmental protection agency.

2 Likes

Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read by usermane(m): 12:10pm On Apr 01, 2013
These things happen and like you said,both muslim and christains have a hand in it. Unfortunately, we may still be dwelling in a primitive society, where a lot of people just cant voice out their discomfort. Trust me, whether it is meant to expand the congregation or repel demons far and near, it is unwarranted noise. The Imam knows this, the pastor knows this, the congregation knows this, the brethren knows this, the government knows this, u know this, i know this, we all know this but we just dont get off our arse and do something.
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
maclatunji: The Adhan or call to prayer is an essential part of Salat (Muslim Worship tagged prayer in English). However, this does not mean the mosque should constitute nuisance with noise pollution.

There are laws stipulating the acceptable decibel levels for places of worship. If you feel the mosques speakers are too loud, inform its Imam or Executive Board. If that doesn't work report to the relevant government environmental protection agency.
if i or any of my siblings go and discuss it with the imam,they will label us anti islam or an agent of darkness.you know religion is a very sensitive matter in nigeria,so th) best you can do for us is to discuss with your imams in your different places of worship on how to be considerate of others when praying,maybe that will go a long way.thats the point,thanks for answering anyway
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read by maclatunji: 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
kulyie: if i or any of my siblings go and discuss it with the imam,they will label us anti islam or an agent of darkness.you know religion is a very sensitive matter in nigeria,so th) best you can do for us is to discuss with your imams in your different places of worship on how to be considerate of others when praying,maybe that will go a long way.thats the point,thanks for answering anyway

Good neighbourliness is a major teaching of Islam. If you are sure the noise emanating from the mosque is too loud for comfort, lodge a complaint with them and observe their reaction. If it is not favourable report to the relevant government agency.

We have done so for the mosque in my area by complaining to its then Executive President about noise during night vigils in the past and for a church by writing to its pastor and letting he and his congregation know that we are ready to see his church's closure after several complaints and their stubborness about reducing noise levels.

You cannot be playing victim all the time and be making sweeping generalisations. The proper steps are there for anyone disturbed to take, if you refuse to do so, just endure the noise quietly.

2 Likes

Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read by beylinko(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2013
maclatunji:

Good neighbourliness is a major teaching of Islam. If you are sure the noise emanating from the mosque is too loud for comfort, lodge a complaint with them and observe their reaction. If it is not favourable report to the relevant government agency.

We have done so for the mosque in my area by complaining to its then Executive President about noise during night vigils in the past and for a church by writing to its pastor and letting he and his congregation know that we are ready to see his church's closure after several complaints and their stubborness about reducing noise levels.

You cannot be playing victim all the time and be making sweeping generalisations. The proper steps are there for anyone disturbed to take, if you refuse to do so, just endure the noise quietly.
i so much agree wit u. If u keep on sitting and complaining abt dis issue it won't go. The boldness of meetin wit d iman n complainin wil suprise them. Complain lyk u know wat u are talkin abt,pls dnt beg them to stop. Meanwhile go in company of other neighbours.

1 Like

Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 02, 2013
maclatunji:

alright,thanks for the suggestions tunji.ill take appropriate steps with your suggestions
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 02, 2013
beylinko:
i so much agree wit u. If u keep on sitting and complaining abt dis issue it won't go. The boldness of meetin wit d iman n complainin wil suprise them. Complain lyk u know wat u are talkin abt,pls dnt beg them to stop. Meanwhile go in company of other neighbours.
thanks for this suggestion.what discouraged me initially was fear. Infact the recharge card seller in our neighbourhood at one time around last year went to go and beg the pastor to reduce the volume of the loudspeaker when doing night vigils that the prayers is always disturbing his sleep,they immediately tagged him a wizard and that it is their prayers that is making him uncomfortable.he was almost forced to do deliverance if not for his people that rescued him.since then,fear did not allow anybody have the nerves to go and meet pastor or imam that they should do something about the noise,however with the boldness and suggestions tunji has given me.me and my elder brothers will go there this week
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read by beylinko(m): 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
kulyie: thanks for this suggestion.what discouraged me initially was fear. Infact the recharge card seller in our neighbourhood at one time around last year went to go and beg the pastor to reduce the volume of the loudspeaker when doing night vigils that the prayers is always disturbing his sleep,they immediately tagged him a wizard and that it is their prayers that is making him uncomfortable.he was almost forced to do deliverance if not for his people that rescued him.since then,fear did not allow anybody have the nerves to go and meet pastor or imam that they should do something about the noise,however with the boldness and suggestions tunji has given me.me and my elder brothers will go there this week
dnt just go wit ur broda,convince one of ur neigbours too. Btw,hope ur broda is huge
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
beylinko:
dnt just go wit ur broda,convince one of ur neigbours too. Btw,hope ur broda is huge
lol,kk thanks.yes he is huge but we are not going there with the intention to fight
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read by beylinko(m): 10:21am On Apr 06, 2013
I've being waiting for the outcome of ur little expedition. Have u gone?
Re: My Muslim Brothers And Sisters In The House,could You Please Read by tomakint: 11:39am On Jul 14, 2013
kulyie: lol,kk thanks.yes he is huge but we are not going there with the intention to fight
The object of his candid advice is that 'anything can happen' so I will advise you go with 6 huge guys (I mean guys who are not smiling) and make sure you are the spokesperson wink

(1) (Reply)

Son Of Sheikh Zakzaky, Others Martyred In Al-Quds Day Procession In Zaria / Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah / Plans To Islamize Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.