Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,772 members, 7,955,947 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:24 PM

Man Celebrated Dog's Birthday With N1 Million' - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Man Celebrated Dog's Birthday With N1 Million' (879 Views)

Best Birthday Ever. Celebrated In An Orphanage / Pictures Of A Nairalander Who Celebrated Her Birthday / Etisalat Blackberry,coca-cola N1 Million,other Promotions: Any Real Winners Pls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Celebrated Dog's Birthday With N1 Million' by Maxymilliano(m): 8:40am On Apr 02, 2013
Though he refused our cameramen the chance to capture his picture or that of his celebrated dog, Chief Okoro Pius, the man who spent N1 million to celebrate his dog’s birthday recently, told AWAAL GATA that he has no regrets doing so.

Many tongues are still wagging in Zuba, a satellite town in the Federal Capital Territory(FCT)), where a resident, Chief Okoro Pius, held a lavish party to celebrate the tenth birthday of his Alsatian dog, which is called Temper recently.

Blueprint had reported that the party was held at Milano, the most expensive hotel in the town, and even the disc jockey was flown in from Lagos because the host doubted the professionalism of the ones in Abuja, as the party was attended by the host’s friends from all over the country. It was also reported that, according to one of the maids working in the chief’s house, that about one million naira was budged for the party.

Reacting to the development, neighbours of the host believe that a man in his right senses would not do such a thing, given the level of the poverty that people around him are suffering. A neighbour who wouldn’t want her name in print told Blueprint that she had never heard of the man’s involvement in cultism or mental deficiency, so the party was perhaps staged to tell the world that his wealth was an ill-gotten one.

“I have not heard before that Chief Pius is a cultist neither have I ever heard that he has any mental problem. So, I see the party as his blatant announcement to the world that the wealth he has is an ill-gotten one. If it wasn’t, he would not have done the bizarre act,” she opined.

Another neighbour who gave his name simply as Mark said he knows many people that work with the chief, and that none of them is well to do financially because he does not paythem as he is ought to, yet he had the temerity of holding such a party.

Mark corroborated the first neighbour’s words, saying he does “not know if the chief is a cultist but the party was an act of stupidity.”

However, another neighbour, who gave his name as Abdullahi said a cultist would not announce to the world that he is one, alleging that by just holding such a party, he was telling the world that there is something hideous about him, “because ordinarily a hard working businessman like him wouldn’t waste his money and time celebrating a dog’sbirthday with such amount of money.

“The Chief was observing an occult rite by holding such a party. If anybody tells me anything otherwise I won’t believe him. I know him to be a hard businessman, so he would not have done that if it was not an occult rite. So, nobody should blame him, he knows what he was doing,” Abdullahi submitted.

However, speaking to our reporter in reaction to the euphoria, the chief said he was surprised by the primitiveness of the people for reacting to the party in a negative way. He said he imports motor spare parts and plumbing equipment to the country, and his business is clocking N200 million, so he saw no wrong in staging a party to commemorate the tenth birthday of his pet.

“I learnt that people are talking about what I did for my dog some days ago. Let me use this opportunity to tell them that I was in my right senses when I was doing it. I did not see anything in doing it because I am a business man. My business is clocking N200 million, so removing 1N million to celebrate the dog that has been providing security for myself and my family should not be a problem. Go to the Europe, some people still will their whole wealth for their pets and nobody says anything,” he said.

Revealing further why he held the party for the dog, the chief said, “the dog is not an ordinary dog. Except if I am going out of the country, I go to everywhere I am going with it in my car. It has saved my life many times. If we are entering into a place and something bad will happen there, the dog has a sound it will make, and I will go back.

If we are on the road and armed robbers are in the front, the dog has a gift of knowing, and it will make a sign to tell me. Temple is not just an ordinary dog; it’s a kind of prophet in the form of a dog.

Something that has been doing all that for you, wouldn’t you do things that will make him happy even as an animal?” He queried.

When asked whether he stretches his humanitarian hands to his neighbours and the people that work with him, he said, “ask my workers themselves. I give money to them as I am supposed to; I even bought cars for some of them, considering how they are dedicated to the work I gave to them, as I don’t believe in laziness. As for my maids, I pay them N35,000 each, every month; even in many government establishments they wouldn’t get up to that.
And my neighbours don’t come to me. If they come, I wouldn’t have another choice but to give them what they want, if I have. So, my brother, I am not a cultist. Forget about what people are saying.”

He added that many people, including a former minister, have been begging him to sell the dog for them at any price he wants to, but he cannot sell it even for N20 million, just for its natural gift.

http://blueprintng.com/2013/04/why-i-celebrated-dogs-birthday-with-n1-million/
Re: Man Celebrated Dog's Birthday With N1 Million' by bigt2(m): 8:49am On Apr 02, 2013
End time!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Help A Nairalander's Son Win Kids Got Talent! Voting Ends Nov. 16th / Events Centre, Halls For Wedding,child Dedication, Reception In Port Harcourt / Any Wedding Planner Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.