Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

I Was Defrauded By TOTAL Scholarship Scheme. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Was Defrauded By TOTAL Scholarship Scheme. (835 Views)

Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 / I Was Invited For TOTAL Scholarship Aptitude Test. / Total Scholarship Shortlisted List Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Defrauded By TOTAL Scholarship Scheme. by dabrake(m): 11:15am On Apr 02, 2013
Hi nairalanders, I will, to my very best, summarize this.
Sometime in 2010, I registered my interest to partake in the TOTAL 2010/2011 NNPC/TEPNG HOST COMMUNITIES UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION TEST as a 200L student. After the stress of registering online, it was finally successful. On the day of the test, I discovered my particulars (my state of origin, department and gender) in the master list were changed and I immediately registered my complaint there but I was told it was a database error and that it would be corrected immediately. I wrote the test and my name was shortlisted as part of the successful awardees but my changed particulars was left unattended to. I was privileged to obtain Oluchi’s(the woman in charge of payment) number so there and then, I called her, told her about everything that happened, we booked an appointment for the next day, I left Uyo for Port-Harcourt(of course, she was aware my school was still in session and I was in Uyo as at then but still told me to grace her office) that evening, got to the office the next day and was there from 8am till 5pm but was left unattended to throughout that day. She even went as far as hurling abusive words on me, complaining that I was disturbing her. All my effort(s) to receive my grant proved abortive. I finally decided not to go further as, at a point, I thought I had lost all documents pertaining this matter.
Fast forward to 2013(500L), my department was scheduled for final year screening on the 15th of last month so as I was trying to arrange my documents ahead of the scheduled date, I stumbled on most (if not all) of the documents pertaining that scholarship program.
Deep inside me, I feel cheated (especially considering the stress I’ve been made to pass through) and I’ve decided to take up the issue once again. I met with my dean of student affairs, my faculty (NAS) and that of Business Administration, my HOD, the HOD of accounting (my Major was changed from Math/Stats/Computer Science to accounting), some lawyers and they’ve instructed me on what to do. I also have it from a reliable source that people do it order siphon people’s grants toward theirs.
Knowing fully well that 100 good heads are better than one, I sincerely seek your advice with respect to this issue (let’s assume I know not what to do). I can stomach insults. I remain grateful in advance.
*sorry for the grammatical genocides*
Re: I Was Defrauded By TOTAL Scholarship Scheme. by Idacrux: 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
Bro. go claim it if u have d lawyer but i'll advice u 2 forget it since u'r in ur 500L.
Re: I Was Defrauded By TOTAL Scholarship Scheme. by dabrake(m): 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
@moderators, is this topic not worth front page discussion or am I in the wrong section?
Re: I Was Defrauded By TOTAL Scholarship Scheme. by iamswizz(m): 12:26am On Sep 19, 2013
This is too bad..

But, seriously, i also need an advice on how to advise you.
Re: I Was Defrauded By TOTAL Scholarship Scheme. by babsomotde(m): 12:55am On Sep 19, 2013
Mine is Just Let It Go.

(1) (Reply)

Results Of NDA Entrance Exam 65th Regular Course Is Out / Shocking:female 400 Level Student Brutally Beaten For Stealing Blackberry Bold5 / Kwara State University Result Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.