Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced (6209 Views)

2015 List Of Budget Friendly Phones Priced Under NGN30,000 / The Galaxy Mega 6.3 Enigma: How To Enable 3G (4G). / Top 5 Cheap Smart Phones In Nigeria Priced Under N40,000 (february 2015) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by ochukoccna: 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Mega 6.3 officially priced

Samsung brought a new dimension to the phablets line up with its Mega 6.3 and 5.8 Android phablets. The pricing of the phablets that borrow some of the features from the Galaxy S4 flagship smartphone was not revealed during its announcement, but the pricing details of the phablets are no longer a mystery. Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Mega 6.3 was officially unveiled in India today and the phablets have been priced at about $445/ N70k) and about $563 (N89k) respectively. The dual-SIM Galaxy Mega 5.8 will up for grabs, starting from June 3, but there is no word on the availability of the Mega 6.3.

Furthermore, Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is up for pre-order from the Clove website in UK and the SIM-free version is priced at £460 (about $695/ N110k) and will be available in both white and black color options.

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_mega_58_and_63_officially_priced-news-6111.php

UPDATED ON MAY 28,2013

Galaxy Mega smartphones

Samsung is preparing to introduce a new series of Galaxy devices carrying the Mega moniker, a report by SamMobile suggests.
The information comes from an inside source, who confirmed that two Galaxy Mega smartphones are in the works. The first is codenamed Galaxy Mega 5.8 with a
model number GT-I9152. Obviously, we are talking about a
handset with 5.8-inch display and the model number
pointing to its dual-SIM nature.

More interestingly, the second one is carrying the codename
Galaxy Mega 6.3, which hints at a 6.3-inch display - the same as the Galaxy Note III is rumored to pack. However, the model number GT-I9200 doesn't correspond with Samsung Galaxy Note naming convention Nxxxx (Galaxy
Note II N7100, Galaxy Note N7000), so it will most likely
lack S Pen functionality.

Everything should be revealed once those two phones get out of Samsung's factories. The Galaxy Mega 5.8 should do so around the end of May, start of June (week 22, as per SamMobile), while the Galaxy Mega 6.3 around mid-June
(week 25).

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_mega_lineup_in_the_works_58_and_63_in_tow-news-5792.php

Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by ochukoccna: 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
Is this a smart move by Samsung?
The Galaxy brand carries enough weight already on its own
Why not farm out this massive screen estate phones to the Galaxy Tab brand
Why create a new Mega series line?
Tablets,Camera,Phones and so many Sammy gadgets sport the Galaxy name
Won't this new series water the brand down more?
Or is it to compete with the likes of Optimus G Pro (pictured below),the Huawei Ascend Mate and other big screen phablets been released and still on the drawing boards

Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by ochukoccna: 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
According to a report from SamMobile, the Galaxy Mega 5.8, which is codenamed as GT-I9152 will be a Dual-SIM phablet. The Galaxy Mega will sport a 5.8" qHD display with a resolution of 960 x 540 pixels and will measure 164x 83.8 x 9.7mm. The device will feature a 1.4 GHz Dual-core processor with 1.5 GB of RAM, 8 megapixel rear camera and a 2 megapixel front shooter.

Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 will come with the latest connectivity options, which include Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 80211 a/b/g/n and GPS support. The upcoming phablet will be powered by Android 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and as usual Samsung will be preinstalling its own Nature UX on top of that. The juice for the phablet is coming from a 2,600mAh battery.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_mega_confirmed_to_sport_a_58inch_display-news-5828.php
Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by sushieater: 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
Mehn! this is really getting out of hands (pun intended)
Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by Francheezy(m): 6:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
won feh kpaaa mee....ino waaah
Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by ochukoccna: 2:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
sushieater: Mehn! this is really getting out of hands (pun intended)
Wetin U don hold? cheesy cheesy
Seems one will have to hire a phone carrier grin grin the way this companies especially Sammy is churning 'em out
This people dey add fuel to the covetous fires they've in the heart of many a tech enthusiast

Francheezy: won feh kpaaa mee....ino waaah
Abeg never die O! grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by ochukoccna: 2:35pm On Apr 09, 2013
Following the footsteps of the Galaxy Mega 5.8 yesterday, comes the complete specs sheet of the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 upcoming phablet.
According to SamMobile , the Galaxy Mega 6.3 will pack a 6.3" PLS display of HD resolution and is going to be powered by a 1.7GHz dual-core CPU and feature 1.5GB of RAM. That could be the Exynost 5250 chipset powering the company's 11.6" Chromebook offering or, more likely, the Snapdragon 400 with dual Krait 300.

At the back of the Galaxy Mega 6.3 will reside an 8MP snapper with
LED flash, while a 2MP one at the front will reportedly take care of
video chatting. Connectivity is covered by Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 80211 a/b/g/n and A-GPS.

The device measures 167.6 x 88 x 7.9mm (same thickness as the GalaxyS4 ) and features a 3200mAh battery (100mAh more than the Galaxy NoteII). At this point, it's still unclear whether the Galaxy Mega 6.3 would run Android 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 .

Samsung plans to launch both LTE and non-LTE versions of Galaxy
Mega 6.3 in 2 colors - black and white. The black variation of the phone will become available mid-May, while the white one will launch later.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_mega_63_specs_list_confirms_63_hd_display-news-5831.php
Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by leslieu63(m): 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2013
see as dem dey copy and paste from gsmarena......too much work for u guys.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by whatofyou: 2:18am On Apr 10, 2013
Few years ago I always got offended when people said my hands were very large they feared for the person I laid them on. Now it seems it pays to have hands on the large side! My prayer request: Jesus, son of David, let these companies come and pay to use my hands to test their devices. Let us go to work for the 'real' reason for my hands- the size of a gorilla's- are here.
Being serious, where will this technological madness lead us?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by ochukoccna: 3:06pm On May 28, 2013
Samsung brought a new dimension to the phablets line up with its Mega 6.3 and 5.8 Android phablets. The pricing of the phablets that borrow some of the features from the Galaxy S4 flagship smartphone was not revealed during its announcement, but the pricing details of the phablets are no longer a mystery. Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Mega 6.3 was officially unveiled in India today and the phablets have been priced at about $445 (N 70,444) and about $563 (N 89,123) respectively. The dual-SIM Galaxy Mega 5.8 will up for grabs, starting from June 3, but there is no word on the availability of the Mega 6.3.

Furthermore, Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is up for pre-order from the Clove website in UK and the SIM-free version is priced at £460 (about $695/N 110,020) and will be available in both white and black color options.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by ochukoccna: 3:21pm On May 28, 2013
I'd rather buy a Galaxy Note 2 or the soon to be released 3/LG Optimus G phone or a Nexus 7 tablet for $299 rather than any of this 'new' Sammy phones. undecided
How can I shell out 70 or 89k on dual core Andriods?
Thunder fire Samsung yansh grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by amAZEing: 3:45pm On May 28, 2013
Samsung has lost the market to the likes of Tecno, LG, Ginoee etc. Let them do their thing in US n EU.

Now Tecno should come up fast with a 5.5 or 6.1 inch phablet b4 Other Options exist. Some of us want a phablet not Tablet.

ochukoccna: Is this a smart move by Samsung?
The Galaxy brand carries enough weight already on its own
Why not farm out this massive screen estate phones to the Galaxy Tab brand
Why create a new Mega series line?
Tablets,Camera,Phones and so many Sammy gadgets sport the Galaxy name
Won't this new series water the brand down more?
Or is it to compete with the likes of Optimus G Pro (pictured below),the Huawei Ascend Mate and other big screen phablets been released and still on the drawing boards
Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by ochukoccna: 11:33pm On May 28, 2013
@ amAZEing, Sammy losing market share?
are you serious? undecided
Sammy should be renamed Andriod and no one will bat an eyelid
That's how influential Sammy is to Google's Andriod platform
Know ye not,Sammy pushes out about 90% of ALL products made on the Driod platform
Maybe that's is why they OVERCHARGE for their products though Apple is king at exploitation
Personally,I prefer LG which is relatively cheaper for similar Sammy specs (especially when you wait like 6-8 months after the release hype fades) though LG has late updates even on so called flagships
Sorry to burst your bubble but Tecno and Ginee are relatively nobodies despite their Nigerian hype
Think of it,how come no credible mobile website/forum has stories on their products
Global/Regional benchmarks matter that's why Sammy is king top of the food pile
Yet I CANNOT and DO NOT see myself even in a trance,shell out 70 or 90k for dual core processor devices i.e. Mega phones in this age of the QuaD core devices
Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by mrdrizzy(m): 11:24am On May 29, 2013
yet anoda rubbish from them,seems samsung is getting out of ideas..why create such huge rubbish and call it phablet,and if u compare d specs its of no difference with s4 or s3..nonsense idea,if dey dnt knw what to design again dey should go and copy from sony or htc .mtcheew
Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (89k) &5.8 inches(70k) officially priced by francis247(m): 12:05pm On May 29, 2013
mr.drizzy:
and if u compare d specs its of no difference with s4 or s3..nonsense idea
guy check well, the difference is clear. These things should not go 4 than 45-50k. Their specs sheet does not represent a 2013 galaxy S series device.

(1) (Reply)

Yay My Umidigi A5 Pro Just Landed 4GB+32GB / My Security Pattern Is The Hardest, Lets See Yours / Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.