Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Giving Care/tending To An Old Folk - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Giving Care/tending To An Old Folk (984 Views)

10 Signs Your Child Is An Old Soul In A Young Body / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife / Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Care/tending To An Old Folk by promkingzz(m): 10:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
I'м jus thinking...tending to old folks is a different ball game, its not like caring for a friend no, its nothing like caring for a bf or gf no, & if u ask me its nothing like caring for a baby. A baby is helpless, and abt this aged folk; life is indeed a journey.
So I've been in the hospital for over a week, my dad is sick and went thru a prostate surgery and......I can't imagine this lion is so weak to roar. I'м not being sarcastic, I mean it like..my dad is a strong man, but @78....I dunno.
Life is scary for me when it comes to age, I can imagine its gonna come to a time when I can't run as fast as I can now, or I can't climb a flight if stairs without stopping for a rest, or I can't keep it grinding round after round when making love to my better half and all this is because...I've aged?
One thing I know is nothing can compare to the wisdom and blessings one can derive from old folks, but sometyms its gets sooo tiring u wanna back down.
Pls tell if u you have had any experience giving care to and old folk and the things that came with it
Re: Giving Care/tending To An Old Folk by bebe2(f): 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
Well, it a very difficult task.

My great aunt came to live wit us in the early 80s she was very ill, I was too young to look after her but I say my mum doing it. My great aunt had no kids and my gran ma had only my mum so it was like she had 2 mum in the house. She wud wash her, dress her up nicely and use gele to tye her hair like she was going out, then sit her on the varandah. She was doubly incontinent. She died a few year later my gran died in 2001 and my mum had to go thru same thing. I feel sorry for her knowing all she has beef thru.

That had a great impact on me, Wen I first came to the uk I worked as a carer, u wud see pictures of these folks getting married, dancing smiling then u look at them laying in bed almost lifeless with all the muscles wasted. I never got used to it I wud go in the toilet and just cry it out. I stopped after a couple of years couldn't take.

I wish ur dad a swift recovery, hope u get some help so u don't break down .
Re: Giving Care/tending To An Old Folk by greatgod2012(f): 7:22am On Apr 03, 2013
@op, not you alone o, its so scary seeing your very agile person becoming sickly, because of aging. Atimes, when i look at my ever agile mother, whom because of her agility we tagged/nicknamed her "colonial master", i just shake my head...........she complains of so many things, head today, leg tomorrow, hand the next day, etc, well,its one of those things, all we need to do is to always ask God not to make old age difficult for us to enjoy.
Wishing your dad speedy recovery. Amen.
Re: Giving Care/tending To An Old Folk by promkingzz(m): 9:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
Thanks to u both greatgod2012 and bebe2, my dads getting better, d doctor took the stiches off yesterday hopefully we'd be outta here soon. wow @ur stories
Re: Giving Care/tending To An Old Folk by bebe2(f): 10:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
promkingzz: Thanks to u both greatgod2012 and bebe2, my dads getting better, d doctor took the stiches off yesterday hopefully we'd be outta here soon. wow @ur stories

tank God, glad he is better, dnt forget to take of urself too smiley
Re: Giving Care/tending To An Old Folk by promkingzz(m): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2015
bebe2:

tank God, glad he is better, dnt forget to take of urself too smiley

Bebe smiley it's been 2 damn years. In fact I can't remember when last I logged into NL.. I got this email requesting to accept a messaging request that's how I logged in here and was looking up my previous posts and just smiling.
Thanks for the moral support back then. My dad's okay, well..u know. After that he still went through a Hernia op this year, was supposed to come visit us but the thing manifested without any warnings and then he had to do the operation & we cancelled his flight, he's good now again. Na God, true. No other ways to say it. My dad has survived a lot. He's 80 now..81 soon in Jan, and still kicking. No be God?

1 Like

Re: Giving Care/tending To An Old Folk by bebe2(f): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
promkingzz:

Bebe smiley it's been 2 damn years. In fact I can't remember when last I logged into NL.. I got this email requesting to accept a messaging request that's how I logged in here and was looking up my previous posts and just smiling.
Thanks for the moral support back then. My dad's okay, well..u know. After that he still went through a Hernia op this year, was supposed to come visit us but the thing manifested without any warnings and then he had to do the operation & we cancelled his flight, he's good now again. Na God, true. No other ways to say it. My dad has survived a lot. He's 80 now..81 soon in Jan, and still kicking. No be God?

Awww Tnk God for his mercies,

Wats kept u off nairaland for so long, am not as active as I used , too many childishness smiley
Re: Giving Care/tending To An Old Folk by promkingzz(m): 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
bebe2:

Awww Tnk God for his mercies,

Wats kept u off nairaland for so long, am not as active as I used , too many childishness smiley

My dear na life o! Have been going through my own challenges climbing the ladder of manhood.. to be a man is not a days job, lost myself a bit but things are settling now and I thank God. Thanks bebe

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

B / Welcome To My World Princess! / MIRACLE! Woman Delivers Quadruplets After 18 Years Of Childlessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.