Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense (1581 Views)

Omotola On The Cover Of City People Fashion And Lifestlye Magazine / Let Me Upgrade Ya! Men & Women Fashion Style! / Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by randa(m): 4:24pm On Apr 02, 2008
with due respect to the ladies in the house, i want to state here that i am amazed at the priority levels of most girls i get to meet around, i hapen to be a lecturer and what i see amazes me, when i wasin school i had loads of female friends that were up there intellectually, girls u would bow for, girls that didnt care how they looked but rather what they know or how they can get better grades than us, they spent tons of time at the library, they really challenged us big time and all the guys were on their toes, i remember, angela, swat, ene, hajara, all beautiful girls onany given day but also quite witty, but what i see on the campuses and even amomngst the working class, it seems the in thing is fashion and more fashion, i have beign trying to get to the bottom but was a wild goose chase,
i just wish our ladies can give more time to the minds and head instead of what mascara was releasd by dolce helen hunter, i am not saying make up is bad, far from it but please we guys want to have good conversation with u, not about footy or fashion something more deep

to esiri pls keep on beign different, u r different
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 02, 2008
oga lecturer, i dey sure say u go get some lashing. aswerigad!
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 02, 2008
randa:

with due respect to the ladies in the house, i want to state here that i am amazed at the priority levels of most girls i get to meet around, i hapen to be a lecturer and what i see amazes me, when i wasin school i had loads of female friends that were up there intellectually, girls u would bow for, girls that didnt care how they looked but rather what they know or how they can get better grades than us, they spent tons of time at the library, they really challenged us big time and all the guys were on their toes, i remember, angela, swat, ene, hajara, all beautiful girls onany given day but also quite witty, but what i see on the campuses and even amomngst the working class, it seems the in thing is fashion and more fashion, i have beign trying to get to the bottom but was a wild goose chase,
i just wish our ladies can give more time to the minds and head instead of what mascara was releasd by dolce helen hunter, i am not saying make up is bad, far from it but please we guys want to have good conversation with u, not about footy or fashion something more deep

to esiri please keep on beign different, you're different

my gosh!!! where were you lecturing? Village Academy of Failure shocked? must be where switcher dropped out!! grin grin
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by Scopium: 6:37pm On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

my gosh!!! where were you lecturing? Village Academy of Failure shocked? must be where switcher dropped out!! grin grin

[size=13pt]There goes the first village academy of failure student and class monitor.[/size]
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 02, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]There goes the first village academy of failure student and class monitor.[/size]
there goes the principal
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by Scopium: 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

there goes the principal

[size=13pt]Let's all give a farting ovation for there goes the VC[/size]
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]Let's all give a farting ovation for there goes the VC[/size]
a farting ovation? *sighs*
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 02, 2008
the 2 of una boring sha.
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2008
lol
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by opokonwa(m): 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2008
Morenike fighting everywhere undecided
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by Scopium: 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2008
opokonwa:

Morenike fighting everywhere undecided

[size=13pt]Oh you know the spartan, didn't know about this undecided[/size]
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by princesa(f): 7:01pm On Apr 11, 2008
the truth is that sad
guyz go for pretty classy ladies, tongue
dnt care about the brainy stuff else they wuld have inferiority complex trust me they do
so its betta to be 40% brainy and 60% pretty wink
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by Seun(m): 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2008
Why does what is best for you as a woman have to depend on what men want?
Do you see a man saying I want to be dumb because women like dumb men?
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by HRhotness(f): 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2008
Seun:

Why does what is best for you as a woman have to depend on what men want?
Do you see a man saying I want to be dumb because women like dumb men?

I agree
Its really sad, because girls get themselves twisted into all sorts of knots trying to please the men and what do they get in return? abuse and disrespect

@ post
I think it reflects the state of the Nigerian society
with all the focus on material rather than intellectual and moral superiority success
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by princesa(f): 10:39am On Apr 12, 2008
no woman wants to live her life forever without a man or marriage xcept for nuns on basis of pursuing education,

so dress to kill baby and behave like a sophisticated lady
thats all
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by HRhotness(f): 11:56am On Apr 14, 2008
princesa:

no woman wants to live her life forever without a man or marriage xcept for nuns on basis of pursuing education,

so dress to kill baby and behave like a sophisticated lady
thats all

Speak for yourself honey,,,,
some women dont need a man to feel complete, some women will rather do without the hassle (quit generalising)
It takes a whole lot more than dressing up to attain sophistication
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by steaming(f): 1:41pm On Apr 16, 2008
As sad as it is to admit, i must agree that you are not wrong. Sometimes, it baffles me when i see the time and cost gals spend on fashion and make-up. it feels like our whole world revolves around fashion.

But i must point out that Guys equally encourage such and that is why, more and more decent gals will keep turning themselves to masqurades with nothing to offer when you come closer.

Please girls let's develop ourselves more by reading more books, listening to the news, reading more papers and listening to intelligent people when they talk.

Lately, i started laying pressure on myself to read papers and listen to the news, initially thought they were boring but then, its a step to learning at least politically and otherwise.

Look good always but be sure to have something to offer to meaninigful discussions. It makes you complete.
Re: Women, Fashion And The Sixth Sense by nana(f): 1:48pm On Apr 16, 2008
This topic is quite interesting. . .

(1) (Reply)

Eye Tatoo A New Trend In The Fashion World? / $4.2 Million Christmas Tree Made Of Gold And Disney Characters / Aso Ebi Special For Wedding Occasion || Women Fashion || African Fashion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.