Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman (2498 Views)

How Two Guys Made An Awesome Alien Movie With $3M / New Movie Trailer; Thor Starring Chris Hemsowrth And Natalie Portman / 'Widow' Movie With Stella Damascus (Kingsley Ogoro Productions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by Seun(m): 4:42pm On May 09, 2006
This movie is like, wow! What a story! wow!

Natalie Portman. The girl from Star Wars. Yes, that's why I bought the movie. And I was not dissapointed. but, my God, she's so skinny. Someone should seriously go and feed her. But the apparent frailty makes her predicaments in the movie more engaging. one is like, "don't step on that tiny girl, you might squash her!"

What do I think of V? I think he's the inevitable product of a totalitarian regime. I'm all for peace, but I don't yet see how it's possible for such a regime to collapse without bloodshed. Wait a minute, the Soviet Union collapsed on its own, didn't it? So people like V are not necessary in real life.

I recommend it. And i'm going to try to watch Closer soon. Why? natalie Portman, of course!
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by Seun(m): 1:25pm On May 20, 2006
It seems i'm the only one who likes this movie. You people just don't understand superior art!
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by eveseh(f): 2:49pm On May 20, 2006
that movie is cool i love it
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by Seun(m): 6:21pm On May 20, 2006
What part did you enjoy the most?
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by eveseh(f): 6:24pm On May 20, 2006
i havent watch da whole movie yet,but i saw it on tv,but i think it's cool
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by clocky(m): 8:21pm On Jun 09, 2006
This movie is one of the best i ve watched in a while. I am actually a fan of the comic book and i was so excited when a movie was done for it.

It's got the action for those who don't care to look beyond the surface, but for Thinking People (tm), it's a big wake-up call disguised as an action flick.

I personally loved Natalie Portman in the movie. Her acting was extremely appropriate, I think. And Hugo Weaving truly impressed me. I'd never paid much attention to him before, but as V, he was so expressive you forgot that he was wearing a mask. The inflections in his voice, the tilt of his head, his movements, all conveyed a depth of expression that most actors without masks can't achieve.

It was well-made, with fantastic cinematography and excellent casting. And, unlike most movies nowadays, it actually had a message, rather than being merely an action flick.

If you like the movie just like me why don't u read the script at http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/V-for-Vendetta.html
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by diddy4(m): 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2006
the movie is aiight. the girl tried but i respect the dude. that final battle was cool. it has a great story line and a good plot.

but the best movies for this summer to me, is X-men 3, superman, MI3 and da vinci code.

another hot movie will be fast and furious, tokyo drift.
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by iice(f): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2006
I just got it and totally loved it, fell in love with Hugo weaving's acting in Matrix so surface to say i followed him to this point. Love Natalie Portman too but all in all it was V i loved the most he was serious in an unserious way if there is such a thing cheesy cheesy
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by diddy4(m): 4:03pm On Jun 12, 2006
hey iice, nice screen name u've got. welcome to NL. cheers.
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by iice(f): 4:21pm On Jun 12, 2006
Thanks Diddy4 smiley Still finding my way round the place wink
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by diddy4(m): 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2006
take your time hun. you will be aiight.
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by iice(f): 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2006
Yup, il go at a snail's pace cheesy grin
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by diddy4(m): 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2006
nahhh hun, u dont want to do that. it will take forever for u to catch up. cheesy cheesy
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by iice(f): 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2006
okay maybe a turtle's pace? Nah 2 slow too, oh well il just do it the iice way cool cheesy wink
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by diddy4(m): 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2006
now u talking gurl. do it the iicy way. lol. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by OldGlory1(m): 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2006
Seun

Did you buy the movie Bootleg?
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by Ka: 11:06pm On Jun 12, 2006
Yeah, I liked V for Vendetta. It didn't get very good reviews in the UK, though - perhaps those who reviewed it were fans of the graphic novel it was based on.

And i'm going to try to watch Closer soon. Why? natalie Portman, of course!
Seun, I didn't know that you watched movies based on the actors/actresses starring in the movie instead of the plot or cinematography. I'll tell you straight up - Closer is a very different movie from V4V (but you probably knew that anyway). I didn't enjoy it quite so much - it promised much but delivered little IMO.
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by Seun(m): 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2006
Closer is supposed to be a mature movie about a complicated web of relationships, and I'm the kind of person who thinks Hallmark movies are exciting.

Natalie Portman is only the icing on the cake. And oh, what a petite, pretty movie icing she is!

Old Glory: webcam video from a movie cinema.
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by Hunter(m): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2006
I haven't seen it but it didn't get great reviews here, I do know that much cheesy

One of my friends said that the action was good but the dialog was a bit, lame
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by Ndi(f): 9:05am On Jun 13, 2006
I am not really someone that loves violent films, i was very curious that was why i had to watch V for Vendetta.

What i do not like apart from the violent part of the movie was the fact that people like us that did not know or farmiliar with the face of Hugo Weaving did not get to see his face in the film, i thought that was part of the suspense, even in the film where he threw his mask, the room was very dark, not even his confidont (Natalie Portman) saw his face in the movie. i was very dissapointed when the movie ended and i couldn't identify with the face of the leading actor in the movie.

Seun Pls if you have a picture of him, kindly scan for me to see, i do not think i have to go and watch Matrix for me to really see the face of Hugo Weaving.
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by opeemi1(m): 10:00am On Jun 13, 2006
Hugo is a very good Actor, I give him my credits. He plays his parts so accurately with no blemish.
And as for the best movies;
diddy4:

but the best movies for this summer to me, is X-men 3, superman, MI3 and da vinci code.

He named them all except, hmmmmm! da vinci which I will insert V instead. grin

Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by opeemi1(m): 10:03am On Jun 13, 2006
I don't think .gif works here, his pics (Hugo Weaving)

Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by opeemi1(m): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2006
My bad. grin

Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by dakmanzero(m): 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2006
I see 'am not alone in the nat portman fan-worship club. She is the BEST! grin

Watch Closer, seun. Regret it, you shall not. Pity u couldnt see it on the big screen, though. I absolutely *loved* that movie! And to think I was dragged to the theatre by a girl, who thought it would be your average girly-movie. Hah! Halfway thru she was hating it, and I was glued to the screen!

I liked v4v so much I saw it 4 times on the big screen and will be getting the origio-dvd once it comes out in 2-disc form. Unbelievable!
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by bami(m): 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2006
i'm suprised hugo weaving was born in nigeria
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by zebudaya(m): 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2006
I saw closer the day it came out, I think it's a classic. Highly recommended!
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by africanboy(m): 11:20am On Jun 14, 2006
watched d film, was disappointed, actually slept about mid way into the film the beginning was ok, end was ok, but the mid aspect - way too dull.
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by Seun(m): 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2006
How could you sleep? V for Vendetta was a very engaging movie! Hrmpph!
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by africanboy(m): 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2006
engaging, then disengaging, then engaging.

watched it a second time, yet i dont feel i missed much when i slept.
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by opeemi1(m): 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2006
I just think you didn't pay focus to it, maybe that why its disengaging. If you watch it fully with attention, you will really love it. It the action you after that was the reason it was disengaging in the middle cos it more of the story.

Get to watch it again and fell the THRILLS.
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by iice(f): 2:49am On Jun 16, 2006
I think y its a bit disengaging in the middle part is probably because of all the dialogue. I think is something the Wachowski Brothers tend to do in their movies, u remember in Reloaded when Neo meets the Architect at first u get most of the diagolue and then midway u kindda blank out and 4get what it was they were talking about tongue
Re: 'V For Vendetta' Movie: With Natalie Portman by opeemi1(m): 11:54am On Jun 16, 2006
@iice

For a female, I'm quite impressed that you watch Foreign Movies, and you tend to pay attention to the acts, BRAVO. Girls I know don't watch action movies like matrix and V, but for you, I am giving my kodosss, COS U COOL. wink cool.

And for the matrix you talked about it takes a lot of attention b4 you can understand what the Wachowski Brothers are trying to give us the audience. PEACE cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Can Help You Download Tv Series That Are Hard To Get / TSTV Or KWESE Tv / Star Tv Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.