Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,912 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience (13934 Views)

''Keeping Cell Phones Near The Head Is Dangerous'' / Can You Do Without Your Mobile Phone For A Day? / Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Fesisko(m): 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
HAH:

I believe that was combination of your salary and many months road side egunje madam constable
Hahaha...see finishing!na corporal she be,no be constable.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by wildchild1: 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
my 1st mobile phone was LG U8330 video phone which i bought in dec 2005,no bluetooth or infrared,u can only get mp3 songs on it tru downloading or the LG phone manager on ur pc connected to your phone tru the usb cord which was time consuming
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by avalontony(m): 2:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
my first phone was nokia 2100 that was in 2005, i bet most of u here cant afford that then......pls no offence.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Ninilowo(m): 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2013
Motorola T192 without horn. It resembles one shaving soap
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by kekilika: 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
Sony Ericsson Ksomething50. Bought in 2005. It had a detachable camara with less internal memory space. With its polyphonic ringtone. That phone nearly cripple me wit flashing and network repair. Dropped it for Motorola C163
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
My first fone was multilinks
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by aryzgreat: 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
my first phone was SAGEM my-X2 with ringing tone "can u feel it" grin very rugged fone, lost it in an okada accident, one of the symapathisers picked d phone and dat was it. my second phone was Nokia 1100, Durable ba3. Dashed it to my little cousin.

1 Like

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by enemmo(f): 2:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mine was samsung blueface in 2004."My Papa dash me" literally.Got stolen in Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library in 2005.Culdnt sleep that night.Memories!!

1 Like

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Tinkybabe(f): 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mine was SAGEM my c2-2 back in 2004.Gosh! ! That phone was my lil baby cheesy..I still remember my ringtone then 'labamba'.

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Frostyzone(m): 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
My first mobile phone was Samsung Galaxy II way back in 2002. That was even before smart phones came into existence.

Go figure.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by anonimi: 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I read an interesting article on how technology has moved everyone from a default offline mode to an online mode - sad. Gone are the days you'd drop in on an absent friend unannounced, only to find you have to make do with a handwritten note.

I tried to resist for as long as possible as I wanted not to be disturbed given that I had a land line at home but finally got a Nokia 3310 in 2002.
I am still resisting getting a smartphone but expect I will get one next year or can push off till 2015 as I don't like the idea of checking my emails when I should be resting or off work.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Guddy(m): 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
Quaritch: Yeah, i remember! my first smart phone was SENDO X?
Anyone remember that phone? love it to bits grin

O boy I really enjoyed my Sendo X. It was my first phone ever. I still have it in my archive till today. My grand children need to see that phone.lol
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by 4reigningqueen: 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
pemi pada.
Still have it and using it once in a while

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by moshoodn(m): 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
Quaritch: Yeah, i remember! my first smart phone was SENDO X?
Anyone remember that phone? love it to bits grin

SENDO X!!!

THAT PHONE OVERHEATS LIKE CRAZY.... BOUGHT IT AROUND 2004 (9 YEARS AGO).

HOWEVER, MY FIRST MOBILE WAS THE TRIUM....

TIMES HAVE REALLY CHANGED.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by dapachez: 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
Siemens S 40
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Bawss1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
Okija_juju: Thanks to Obasanjo & the PDP for bringing Mobile Phones to Nigeria..

Myy first phone was a Sagem 920.. Plus Line of 27,000 Naira.

Its people like this that will one day look back and thank GEJ for introducing Facebook to Nigeria. Lame attempt at politicizing something that was bound to happen one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Sicozone(m): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
people are not mentioning that bird open and close fone,wel my 1st fone was sendo!!!
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by MShelina(f): 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
My first phone was Motorola C115. That was 2005. Then, there's this particular ring tone that I'm so fond of...so funny!
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by pweeryambre: 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
My mum; Nokia 3310
My bro: LG
Mine : Alcatel
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
My first mobile phone, trium soft touch keypad, back in 2003, damn I loved that phone.

Now, looking back I think I must have used like 15 phones after that.

I remember the feeling I had when the google home page opened for the first time on my sony ericson (detachable camera), it was a wow moment back then.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by yungblurd(m): 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
tchidi:

My sister used dis phone for YEARS!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
I swear, d day she came crying that it was stolen, we were rejoicing!! The thing no gree die!! undecided undecided
ROTFLMDAO! Chai! Una funny o, she valued the phone like something, hope na Iphone 5 she dey use now?
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by na2day(m): 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
Good old days!
I could still remember, someone stole my wife's Sagem My-X6 in a party, she cried home that day! grin
I had to replace it with My-X7 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by yungblurd(m): 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mine was a Nokia 3510(the one with trafficators at the left and right side) my dad dashed me in late 2007, i was always trying to download, but MTN will say "subscribe to packet data first" one day sha, i did it successfully, it was browsing, i could remember surfing through Mygamma, and Waptrick bi eni ti wan fi se. Whenever i try downloading songs it wouldn't go, "file too large to be saved" that thing dey vex me ehn. A day like that i managed to save #200 my feeding allowance for two weeks to Download at a guy's shop, the guy threw the phone back at me saying he can't connect it to his computer. Later, as my tech sense come increase i realise say the phone no get USB support. I sha save money in 2008 for like 6months to buy Nokia 2626 for 4k inside Westminster market, i hide the phone for Musa bag, but my papa later seize am when i carry am reach house. I dey SS3 then sha.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by stephenponti(m): 5:09pm On Apr 04, 2013
steffans: Mine was Samsung R220 (Blue Light)
With antenna....lol
You got me there!
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by pweeryambre: 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2013
Funny thread. Lol

Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by timowale: 5:34pm On Apr 04, 2013
mine, motorola talkabout c200
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 04, 2013
My first mobile phone was a Nokia3310 grin, I got it in August 2005. At the time, I was using a Glo line.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by dom(m): 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
lol. My first phone was one red alcatel i bought late 2003 when glo was doing one promo like that. You paid 10k and the balance of 6k is deducted as you load credit. Those guys ended up taking over 20k.still didn't Stop deducting money until i mailed a petition to NCC to call them to order. I was in law school then and I recall glo had no service unless you climbed a little elevation behind F block and the wind blew favourably.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Aksally(m): 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mine was bird the slim type in 2004 on my way to camp. Bought it #10k and mtel sim #10k.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
dominique: Whoa! Never knew the cell phone was this old. Didn't debut in naija till the early 90s.
My first phone was a motorola c200 (got stolen few months later angry)

I used my Motorolla C200 for 5 good years but my Sagem My-X1 (my first phone) didnt last. It had factory issues.

God bless the soul of my Nokia Asha who thieving police men took away instead of my car keys.
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by Fussbot: 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2013
Den dash me sim card #14000 den...afta 2yrs na in I get money buy 4one..motorola frog face...lwkm @ trium wia dat fone dey sef?+sagem,alcatel,siemens etc..lol
Re: Cell-ebration! 40 Years Of Cellphone History: Share Your Mobile Phone Experience by okechukwu2013: 8:41pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mine was my Alcatel with orange screen light which I got in 1991 meeen my first call from that my phone made me feel like I have traveled to Space on Apollo 1!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SONY Launches World’s First 48 Megapixel Camera Sensor. / How Good Are Oraimo Powerbank And Other Products / Free Airtime & Data With MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.