Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant (774 Views)

True Story Of The Hail Mary Of A Protestant / Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? / Protestant Sex Abuse Equals Or Exceeds Catholic Sex Abuse In The United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by tobechi20(m): 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
THE AIM OF THIS THREAD IS FOR CATHOLICS IN THE HOUSE TO SAY THE STRATEGIES THEY OFTEN US IN DIALOGUING WITH PROTESTANTS

Far too often, in evangelizing conversations, the Protestant stays on the offensive and the Catholic stays on the defensive.
the Protestant fires off barrage of accusations. THE CATHOLIC TRIES TO DEFEND EACH ONE AFTER THE OTHER.

The problem is not with the Catholic Church, but with the structure of the conversationthis method often doesnt yield fruit. playing a defensive game always put the attacker on the advantage since he has nothing to looose
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by tobechi20(m): 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2013
I NORMALLY USE TWO TECNIQUES.

JOSE MOURINHO COUNTER ATTACK APPROACH ; HERE, I AM A BIT DEFENSIVE BUT MOSTLY THROW IN QUESTIONS TO THE PROTESTANT TO KEEP HIM OFF BALANCE. THE BEST FORM OF DEFENCE IS ATTACK

GUARDIOLA MILDFIELD APPROACH ; HERE, WE TABLE THE MATA N THE FLOOR AND USE THE PROTESTANT ONLY TOOL; BIBLE TO ANALYSE THE ISSUE AT HAND. WE USE THE BIBLE TO SPECIFY OUR INDIVIDUAL BELIEF.
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by tobechi20(m): 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
JOSE MOURINHO METHOD

I NORMALLU USE IT HERE ON NAIRALAND. FOR EVERY QUESTION U ASK ME, I REPLY WITH ANOTHER QUESTION AND WE CONTINUE THE QUESTION SEGMENT. E.G

why do catholics use mary images? why do protestant use their general oversser image?
catholic bow and worship idols lawyers bow to jodges and call him my lord. theats worship isnt it?
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
^^^
Good day Tobe,

That was very funny, I must say!
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by woky: 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2013
lolzz
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by Ubenedictus(m): 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
The easiest is, never insult the next guy. If you don't think he is honest then there is no need going on with the discussion.
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by truthislight: 11:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
tobechi20: THE AIM OF THIS THREAD IS FOR CATHOLICS IN THE HOUSE TO SAY THE STRATEGIES THEY OFTEN US IN DIALOGUING WITH PROTESTANTS

Far too often, in evangelizing conversations, the Protestant stays on the offensive and the Catholic stays on the defensive.
the Protestant fires off barrage of accusations. THE CATHOLIC TRIES TO DEFEND EACH ONE AFTER THE OTHER.

The problem is not with the Catholic Church, but with the structure of the conversationthis method often doesnt yield fruit. playing a defensive game always put the attacker on the advantage since he has nothing to looose

Mother and child(daughter) who should be asking questions and who should be answering based on experience?

Smh for you.
*sigh
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by truthislight: 11:53pm On Apr 03, 2013
tobechi20: I NORMALLY USE TWO TECNIQUES.

JOSE MOURINHO COUNTER ATTACK APPROACH ; HERE, I AM A BIT DEFENSIVE BUT MOSTLY THROW IN QUESTIONS TO THE PROTESTANT TO KEEP HIM OFF BALANCE. THE BEST FORM OF DEFENCE IS ATTACK

GUARDIOLA MILDFIELD APPROACH ; HERE, WE TABLE THE MATA N THE FLOOR AND USE THE PROTESTANT ONLY TOOL; BIBLE TO ANALYSE THE ISSUE AT HAND. WE USE THE BIBLE TO SPECIFY OUR INDIVIDUAL BELIEF.

Is this ^ religion aiming to give out the "truth"?

Na wao!
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by Pygru: 12:20am On Apr 04, 2013

smh
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by alexleo(m): 12:27am On Apr 04, 2013

Yes bible remains our only tool and we are very comfortable with that. What next do you have to say dear fighter/defender friend?
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by mumumugu(m): 7:43am On Apr 04, 2013
alexleo:

Yes bible remains our only tool and we are very comfortable with that. What next do you have to say dear fighter/defender friend?
which came first ? Christianity or bible? Let me adopt the counter attack strategy
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by mumumugu(m): 8:00am On Apr 04, 2013
tobechi20: JOSE MOURINHO METHOD

I NORMALLU USE IT HERE ON NAIRALAND. FOR EVERY QUESTION U ASK ME, I REPLY WITH ANOTHER QUESTION AND WE CONTINUE THE QUESTION SEGMENT. E.G

why do catholics use mary images? why do protestant use their general oversser image?
catholic bow and worship idols lawyers bow to jodges and call him my lord. theats worship isnt it?
YOU MAKE CATHOLIC CHURCH SOUND LIKE A FOOTBALL GAME WHERE MEMBERS ADOPT VARIOUS COACHING TECHNIQUE. Smh at op.
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by Ubenedictus(m): 10:31am On Apr 04, 2013
mumumugu: YOU MAKE CATHOLIC CHURCH SOUND LIKE A FOOTBALL GAME WHERE MEMBERS ADOPT VARIOUS COACHING TECHNIQUE. Smh at op.
u think ur reason faculty is so different from d football game?
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by tobechi20(m): 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
May I ask you some questions about Jesus Christ and the Bible? YES
“Now, I understand you believe that only doctrines found in Scripture are true, is that correct? Any doctrine not found in Scripture is false, are we agreed?” Most Protestants will agree to that. Then I say, “And, I understand you believe that the Bible is literally true. Is that correct?”

yes

First of all, would you show me in your Bible where the Bible says that only doctrines found in Scripture are correct.”

Most Protestants will cite 2 Tim 3:16 “

“But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings which are able to instruct you for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”

1. The phrase “from whom you learned it” tells us clearly that St. Paul was referring to early Sacred Tradition!

2. St. Paul’s original Greek for “sacred writings” was hiera grammata. The New Testament uses grammata to mean Lk 16:6 a document, Acts 26:24 learning, Acts 28:21 epistles, 2 Cor 3:7, Gal 6:11 characters of the alphabet, or Jas 5:47 the collective writings of an author. But never “Holy Scripture.” Some of these sacred writings were later accepted by the Church into the Catholic Canon of Sacred Scripture. Others were not.

3. St. Paul’s phrase for “all Scripture,” pasa graphe, means all of the Old Testament books accepted by the Jews at the time he wrote his Epistles. The New Testament at that time consisted only of individual books and letters; no one then was thinking of them as a single collection, and certainly not an addition to Sacred Scripture. Pasa graphe literally means “each Scripture,” or “each passage.”

4. St. Paul says all scripture is “profitable.” His original Greek word was ophelimos. He did not use hikanos, which means enough or sufficient.

SOURCE
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by tobechi20(m): 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2013
protestant ; why do catholics add books to the bible/?

I warn every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if any one adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if any one takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.” Of course, the key words are “this book.”

Protestants often assume that St. John means by “this book” the whole Bible. But “this book” is the Book of Revelation
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by tobechi20(m): 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
Most Protestants really do not know what Sacred Tradition means. Jesus, who was called Rabbi Yeshua in His native Hebrew and Aramaic, was a rabbi who taught as all rabbis taught, by oral tradition. He traveled around the region giving talks. Every prominent rabbi of that day had talmidim, memorizers of his oral teaching. Rabbi Yeshua had twelve talmidim, whom we call the Apostles. They were with Him 24 hours every day. They heard all His talks, they walked the dusty roads with Him, ate with Him, camped for the night with Him. After He ascended to heaven they in turn taught others, who in turn taught others. This is what St. Paul meant: 2 Tim 2:2 “What you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” Many of the eminent scholars of the day wrote down this large body of teachings. They became known as the Church Fathers.

Christ required that His Church do this, as we saw above. Mt 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you …” Note the words: “ALL that I have commanded you.” Now look at Jn 21:25 “But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.” Note the words: “MANY other things which Jesus did.” We are to teach all that He has commanded us, and much of it had not, at the end of the last Gospel, been written down. We have to go Sacred Tradition.
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by italo: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
Just keep asking them intelligent questions...and dont accept any answer if it isnt explicitly stated in the Bible.

E.g: Where does the Bible mention Bible?

I have been asking that question for years and no Protestant has been even honest enough to say: "The Bible doesnt mention Bible."

The ones that answer the questions honestly, like Dr Scott Hahn, become Catholics.
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
^ *SUSPECTED LUNATIC IGNORED*
Best form of defence when they have defeated you biblically grin
Re: Strategies Catholics Should Use In Dialoguing With Protestant by tobechi20(m): 10:35am On Apr 07, 2013
truthislight:

Mother and child(daughter) who should be asking questions and who should be answering based on experience?

Smh for you.
*sigh
any body can ask

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross. He Was In A Coma - Sheikh Ahmad Abubakar Gumi. / What Is Wrong With Jesus? / Is It A SIN For Christian Girls Add SEXY To Their Nicknames ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.