Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Window 7 Drive C Networking Shared Access Denied Pls Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Window 7 Drive C Networking Shared Access Denied Pls Help (1504 Views)

HELP: Destination Folder Access Denied Windows 10 / Window 7 Build 7601 This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine...help! / Help. I Installed Win Xp On My Vista System In The Same Drive-c. Problem! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Window 7 Drive C Networking Shared Access Denied Pls Help by tundelg(m): 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2013
I network 2 window 7 computer together I share d drive c but I can't hv access into d information inside d second system drive. pls anybody dat can assist me. Thanks
Re: Window 7 Drive C Networking Shared Access Denied Pls Help by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
You want to share the entire C: drive instead of a single or multiple folders?
Anyway two things you need to do
First - Share the C:\ Folder. Go to C:\ properties, click the 'Sharing' Tab, Click 'Advanced sharing' select the 'Share this folder' checkbox, give the Share name. Click OK.

Second - On the 'Security' Tab under C:\ Properties, Click 'Advanced' button, under the 'Advanced Security Settings for Local Disk' under 'Permissions' Tab Click 'Change Permissions' Click 'Add' under Select users or group, type everyone (everyone is used to give Network users access to a folder in a non-domain environment) click OK, then select the permissions your want to give the 'everyone user' Click OK.

Optional step, check the 'Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object' Click Apply or OK, you will be asked, Do you want bla bla, click Yes. It will take a long time depending on how large the drive is. This will ensure that you never get the access denied error message.

Then OK everything.

For sake of simplicity skip the optional step. But note that you will be able to access C:\ but may not be able to access the subfolders. No problem, just add everyone to the permissions list of the particular folders that give the Access Denied message. Its better this way.

Thats it.

(1) (Reply)

How To Trace An Ip Address To A Physical Address / How To Get Up To 6gb On Your Airtel Sim For N1500 / USED HP Pavilion Dv5 For Sale for 28k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.