Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Scared Of Going For HIV Test - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scared Of Going For HIV Test (737 Views)

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex / Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared Of Going For HIV Test by ayeakamara(m): 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
Good day Nairalanders, pls I need a urgent response on this issue. My face is so rough with acne. They are so tiny and plenty. Sometimes people ask what's this? And when I tell them pimple, they will say 'taa dis one no b pimpu jare' I'm planning on consulting a dermatologist at lasuth soon and here is where the problem lies.

I'm aware that HIV test will be carried out on me first. I'm not sure if I'm + or - and I have never done the test before. I'm really not scared of doing the test what I'm scared of is if I tested positive will they detain me there? I know this sounds funny but I have watched it in a nollywood movie before. Someone tested + and he was detained and never allowed to go out again while giving him treatment. Is that how its done or that's just a movie ish?

Please I need urgent response because I will like to consult the dermatologist this weekend. I'm tired of this acne!!! I don't have any GF because of this face. Abeg matured response only. Thanks in advance

PS: please don't mind my english, I'm actually an SS 2 drop-out
Re: Scared Of Going For HIV Test by frank50fun: 10:38pm On Apr 03, 2013
go to a lab and carry out the hiv test there.
Re: Scared Of Going For HIV Test by Sissy3(f): 7:37am On Apr 04, 2013
NO, they will not detain you if you are positive. Nobody does that. They might, however, counsel you on the disease process and your treatment options if you are positive. That's all
Re: Scared Of Going For HIV Test by ayeakamara(m): 8:12am On Apr 04, 2013
@ Frank and Sissy, thanks for your contributions. I will go to a private lab this weekend. Thanks
Re: Scared Of Going For HIV Test by wonyi: 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2013
I wish u success

(1) (Reply)

What Do The Claims About Plastics Involve? Freezing Water In Plastic Bottles Etc / How To Improve Your Kidney Health / 1.5 Million Cockroaches Escape Farm In China. Are We Safe In The Hand Of China?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.