Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Customs Arrested A Man Trying To Export $540,000 In Cash On A Flight To Dubai - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Arrested A Man Trying To Export $540,000 In Cash On A Flight To Dubai (773 Views)

Man Trying To Smuggle Cocaine In Boxers In Lagos (Photos) / Gang Takes Nigerian Girls To Dubai, Records Unclad Videos Arrested (Pictured) / Man Trying To Steal A Phone From Woman’s Bag [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Arrested A Man Trying To Export $540,000 In Cash On A Flight To Dubai by cheekylawyer: 8:41am On Apr 04, 2013
The Nigerian Customs Service on Tuesday announced the arrest of one Mr. Apampa Fatai Adeshina at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport. Mr. Adeshina was arrested for being in possession of $540,000 (N85,590,000) aboard an Emirates flight on his way to Dubai.

Good God! Who carries that amount of cash around?!

While reacting to the arrest, the Public Relations Officer of the Airport Command of Nigeria Customs Service, Mrs Thelma Williams, said that the passenger was apprehended for his inability to explain to the Customs authorities the source of the foreign currency without either bureau de change or bank slip which would have been proper documentation of the currency. She noted that the passenger was guilty of the law as he was unable to convince relevant authorities over the source of the money as well as...

Via Greenlight [http://greenlight.com.ng/2013/04/04/man-in-possession-of-540000-arrested-aboard-dubai-bound-flight/]
Re: Customs Arrested A Man Trying To Export $540,000 In Cash On A Flight To Dubai by tpia5: 5:34am On Apr 06, 2013
my goodness, where do people get this kind of money?
Re: Customs Arrested A Man Trying To Export $540,000 In Cash On A Flight To Dubai by tellwisdom: 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
tpia@:
Do u have big yansh??...i can give u 0.1% of that amount

2 Likes

Re: Customs Arrested A Man Trying To Export $540,000 In Cash On A Flight To Dubai by BItt: 4:47pm On Feb 10, 2022
tpia5:
Most often business deals and political underground money

(1) (Reply)

Lovers Found Nake.d And Dead In Ogun / Osun Speaker’s Wife’s Abductors Jailed 27 Years Each / Another Sad News Hits Port Harcourt: Donbraye Akangbou Killed By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.