Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:50 PM

Introduction To Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Introduction To Programming (1153 Views)

Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming / What Happened To Programming? / An Introduction To Programming Using C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introduction To Programming by jimblaze(m): 11:33am On Apr 03, 2008
Hello there, calling all programmers on nairaland to dedicate a tiny portion of there time to teach fellow nairalanders programming fundamentals.I have compiler i downloaded called bloodshed dev C++ and i have no clue on how to use it grin so all you programmers out there, lets interact.,thanx and GOD bless!
Re: Introduction To Programming by ELIJAHLOVE: 10:54am On Apr 04, 2008
welcome new programmer u know what the first thing you are supposed to do is to Install the compiler on your system,
then try get a book or an e-book but i prefer a handy book so that as you read you practice, most people learn by first reading the fundamentals which helps them to get familiar with the language they are learning, then they mve to the next level of trying out the codes. as u enter the sample codes run them, then try from ur understanding of the syntax, try out your own codes, run them and learn from the bugs/error you encounter. ok
start with that and c what happens.
Re: Introduction To Programming by jimblaze(m): 1:31pm On Apr 04, 2008
Thanx, i actually downloaded a compiler called bloodshed dev C++ and i am now sourcing for e-books on programming fundamentals and C++ fundamentals, u know of any?
Re: Introduction To Programming by omoluc: 2:50am On Apr 05, 2008
why not use a hand book? that should be more easier.
Re: Introduction To Programming by omoluc: 3:27am On Apr 05, 2008
I am also very very interested in the help of our big brothers and sisters in programming. I am a novice when it comes to software programming. If someone out there can offer his or her help in carrying us (Novice) right from the scratch - FUNDAMENTALS - of programming then the person (s) should only wait for God's blessing because it will shower on him or her.

One more thing please. For a complete novice who wants to start programming, which language should he start with or which particular course should he study?

Biko make una help us. ( To all programming GURUs).
Re: Introduction To Programming by ELIJAHLOVE: 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2008
WELCOME TO PROGRAMMING WOWRLD.
i bliv we all have different ways of learning, but i dont think its feasible to teach programming here. but my candid advice is get ur PC install the compiler for whatever language u want to learn.
As for the language to learn. There are good languages around C++,C#,Java, VB 6, .net, PHP,Asp e.t.c But sincerely it is so easy to to start with VB6. But make sure u get a handy book on it. There are Programming books for Dummies. Please dont get me wrong o o o o o , Its a series called ", for DUMMIES" e.g VB6 FOR DUMMIES
They are very easy to learn for starters.

Please dont make d mistake of trying to be a programmer in 1 month, it doesnt happen that way, Its a process ok, start by first reading the text to have a general overview of what PROGRAMMING is all about. The reason is this, there are fundamental issues you need to know, these issues form the building blocks with which you later progam with. If you get it wrong from the outset you will be a poor programmer.

Then as u grow in learning try the following:
1.Also learn by entering sample codes from the text.
2. Learn by thinking of a new project / system write ur own codes, and then enter them, of course you are likely to encounter BUGs staring at you in the face. But learn from the bugs as debugging is another way to learn.
3. Get sample codes, astudy the, understand them, criticise them and then try replicate them, learning from the building blocks,what each routine is meant to achieve.
and then
4. Join forum where you can discuss the problems you encounter. because its easier for people to teach you how to solve certain problems and and implement certain codes.
My dear you are on the journey already.
Re: Introduction To Programming by zizou4me: 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2008
Hey guys dont worry soon u will see my programming website for freshers,more like humanitarian work.free malaria aids,educational, now u are about having free programming.
O Boyz yeee keep in touch with me.

(1) (Reply)

Guyz Come To My Rescue / How To Read XML From Javascript In Xamarin Studio / Check my Kivy Based App.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.