Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here (7340 Views)

How To Install Bbm On Tecno P3,n3 And Other Android 2.3 Ic / How To Use Greenify On Android 2.2 And Below / Upgrading From Android 2.2.1 (froyo) To 2.2.3 (ginjerbread), How Is It Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 11:53am On Apr 12, 2013
snadguy007:
i'm currently in ib too, how do we meet pls
Okay, Where exactly do you stay in Ibadan ?? maybe you should reply me at Aywhy93 at gmail dot com so that we can talk privately...
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by 2rez: 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
aywhy93:

It can be upgraded to Froyo (2.2) which is far better that 2.1 but if you want to root it... visit www.htcdev.com/bootloader and choose MyTouch 3G Slide then follow the process from there but register first

Dude yo reply z soul soothin grin. Thanx a fleet. Speakin on upgradin, where can a brotha dwnload it? Guez I wld upgrade first den lateron root. Op tiz allowed Thanx 1ce again.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by femi9naija(m): 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2013
I have stock ICS android on my LG nitro HD. The problem I have is that I can't toggle between network modes (ie GSM-EDGE-3G-4G). If I switch on data on MTN, it's always on 4G & it zaps my BA3 real bad. I've checked all through the phone network settings, it ain't there. Ur help will be appreciated.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by fixzylani: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
Can someone pls recommend some cool android apps for me to download!!!
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
femi9naija: I have stock ICS android on my LG nitro HD. The problem I have is that I can't toggle between network modes (ie GSM-EDGE-3G-4G). If I switch on data on MTN, it's always on 4G & it zaps my BA3 real bad. I've checked all through the phone network settings, it ain't there. Ur help will be appreciated.

Since you have searched and you see no where to change it, that means its only on 4G but other Phones I am familiar with always have 4G or 2G option... Recheck again but if you are on the battery issue - to make your battery life longer, put off data roaming.. on wifi only when you need it, turn the screen brightness to the lowest available or just lower... Thats what i do on mine
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
fixzylani: Can someone pls recommend some cool android apps for me to download!!!

There are lots of Free Apps available in Playstore, but check these out -

PicsArt - useful for editing photos... for me, its the best and even far better than Photoshop Express

Life Reminder - It reminds me of everything i have to do and when i have to do them

IMDB - If any american movie is released 2 minutes ago, you will see it here

Sybla TV - Watch live football matches, News, Documentary etc

Kingsoft Office - Used to create Office documents be it Word, Excel or Powerpoint

Manuganu - Its good to play, abi ?? I love this game

Angry Birds - My Favourite game on Android

More updates on this will be out soon @ www.stevenbergy.com.ng
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by sumboty: 11:25am On Apr 15, 2013
hw about htc inspire 4G can it be rooted n hw do i go about it. pls reply
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 11:44am On Apr 15, 2013
sumboty: hw about htc inspire 4G can it be rooted n hw do i go about it. pls reply

Every Android phone can be rooted just that the best root method might not be discovered yet.. visit www.xdandroid.com and search for the root method of HTC Inspire 4G
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by Orlalaycon: 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
Help me oooo. My htc sense wont connect to google servers. Thus applications like whatsapp, facebook wont connect it 'll always wanna connect google servers to no avail. Heleppp me!
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 11:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
Orlalaycon: Help me oooo. My htc sense wont connect to google servers. Thus applications like whatsapp, facebook wont connect it 'll always wanna connect google servers to no avail. Heleppp me!

Explain better, I don't get what you mean
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by femi9naija(m): 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
aywhy93:

Since you have searched and you see no where to change it, that means its only on 4G but other Phones I am familiar with always have 4G or 2G option... Recheck again but if you are on the battery issue - to make your battery life longer, put off data roaming.. on wifi only when you need it, turn the screen brightness to the lowest available or just lower... Thats what i do on mine

See for yourself, it aint there
EDIT: I eventually got a method and I was able to change the network mode. Thanx 4 d help.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by luluosas(m): 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
Can a Samsung Galaxy Y Pro DUOS running Android 2.3 (GingerBread) be upgraded to Android 3.0 (HoneyComb)? Thank you.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 4:22am On Apr 19, 2013
luluosas: Can a Samsung Galaxy Y Pro DUOS running Android 2.3 (GingerBread) be upgraded to Android 3.0 (HoneyComb)? Thank you.

there is no OTA update to honeycomb for it unless you see some Android 3.0 like custom ROM
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by luluosas(m): 5:47am On Apr 19, 2013
aywhy93:

there is no OTA update to honeycomb for it unless you see some Android 3.0 like custom ROM
Okay, thanks. By the way, what is this custom ROM?
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 7:48am On Apr 19, 2013
luluosas:
Okay, thanks. By the way, what is this custom ROM?

A custom ROM is a fully standalone version of the Android OS, including the kernel (which makes everything run), apps, services, etc - everything you need to operate the device, but it's customized by someone in that way.

When people talk about installing ROM’s on their devices, they are referring to erasing/overwriting old Android software/system files, and replacing them with new ones to alter the behaviour of Android and the device. If you’ve ever reinstalled your computers operating system (Windows 7, XP or Linux), this is pretty much the same procedure. Its all about Wiping the disk or ‘memory’, then giving the computer some new software for it to boot into. Hope you get ?
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by luluosas(m): 7:58am On Apr 19, 2013
aywhy93:

A custom ROM is a fully standalone version of the Android OS, including the kernel (which makes everything run), apps, services, etc - everything you need to operate the device, but it's customized by someone in that way.

When people talk about installing ROM’s on their devices, they are referring to erasing/overwriting old Android software/system files, and replacing them with new ones to alter the behaviour of Android and the device. If you’ve ever reinstalled your computers operating system (Windows 7, XP or Linux), this is pretty much the same procedure. Its all about Wiping the disk or ‘memory’, then giving the computer some new software for it to boot into. Hope you get ?
Yes, thank you very much.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by switchie(m): 1:41pm On May 08, 2013
pls i need somebody's help here,i rooted my tecno n3 then after 3months of usage i wanted to swap my sims so i switched it off but on trying to switch it back on it just kept loading so i saw a phone engineer and he told me the problem was flashing,i gave it to him but it didn't work because after i rooted the device earlier i deleted the launcher(actually i wasn't the one that rooted it myself) that came with it because i downloaded another 1 from play store,now the phone could not be flashed according to the engineer but i know the phone has flashed because it has stopped loading eternally but the problem i have is the launcher,the phone just keeping showing a dark blank screen and i can only see the notification bar or whatever it is called and i know it's the launcher i deleted that caused the problem.pls i really need your help asap.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by fixzylani: 6:28pm On May 08, 2013
Samsung Note 1 N7000 for urgent sale. Good working condition upgraded to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. No fault discovered. Comes with leather case.
47k pere.
No swaps. I need the money
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 3:39pm On May 09, 2013
switchie: pls i need somebody's help here,i rooted my tecno n3 then after 3months of usage i wanted to swap my sims so i switched it off but on trying to switch it back on it just kept loading so i saw a phone engineer and he told me the problem was flashing,i gave it to him but it didn't work because after i rooted the device earlier i deleted the launcher(actually i wasn't the one that rooted it myself) that came with it because i downloaded another 1 from play store,now the phone could not be flashed according to the engineer but i know the phone has flashed because it has stopped loading eternally but the problem i have is the launcher,the phone just keeping showing a dark blank screen and i can only see the notification bar or whatever it is called and i know it's the launcher i deleted that caused the problem.pls i really need your help asap.

You have to install a new custom ROM on the phone,since the phone is still switching on it shows it is still okay (it havent been bricked)
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 3:41pm On May 09, 2013
fixzylani: Samsung Note 1 N7000 for urgent sale. Good working condition upgraded to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. No fault discovered. Comes with leather case.
47k pere.
No swaps. I need the money

LoL,47 K pere ?? god will help you sell it
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by switchie(m): 4:04pm On May 09, 2013
aywhy93:

You have to install a new custom ROM on the phone,since the phone is still switching on it shows it is still okay (it havent been bricked)
pls how do i install a new custom rom,i have no idea about it.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by fixzylani: 9:13pm On May 09, 2013
aywhy93:

LoL,47 K pere ?? god will help you sell it

Name ur price.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 2:31am On May 10, 2013
switchie: pls how do i install a new custom rom,i have no idea about it.
Maybe, you should try this - http://theunlockr.com/2012/08/29/how-to-load-a-custom-rom-on-an-android-device/
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 2:32am On May 10, 2013
fixzylani:

Name ur price.
LoL, I am not buying it, i am just wishing you quick sale but its too expensive sha
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by fixzylani: 2:43am On May 10, 2013
aywhy93:
LoL, I am not buying it, i am just wishing you quick sale but its too expensive sha

Very negotiable something

1 Like

Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by sonofdsoilme: 6:29am On May 10, 2013
Pls help me. My galaxy exhibit II 4g has never showed 3g service on my phone even when I put it on WCDMA. And pls help me on hw to root n update my device. Tanx
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 6:46am On May 10, 2013
sonofdsoilme: Pls help me. My galaxy exhibit II 4g has never showed 3g service on my phone even when I put it on WCDMA. And pls help me on hw to root n update my device. Tanx

Note that when you are using a 4G phone, never expect to see it showing 3G because 4G is more powerful than 3G thereby the phone will only show 4G or 2G or G depending on the network service at your present location. To root your phone, visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/ and search for the best rooting method for your phone, you will probably get it there
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 6:47am On May 10, 2013
fixzylani:

Very negotiable something

Okay, If i help you see buyer sha .. I will contact you ASAP
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by segnys007(m): 6:43am On Nov 20, 2013
Pls my HTC sensation 4g refuse to sync. I keep getting the message the sync is experiencing some problems.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
segnys007: Pls my HTC sensation 4g refuse to sync. I keep getting the message the sync is experiencing some problems.

Try another faster internet connection... Some internet connection are just too slow to sync.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by gadgets360hub: 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
hi there, grin sad cool
Its better to enjoy using your device like that if you are a regular phone user but if you know you want some icing on your cake then you can go ahead and root your Wildfire.
Download the [https://www.kinemastermodapk.xyz]kinemaster mod apk[/https://www.kinemastermodapk.xyz]
Visit [https://www.gadgets360hub.xyz]New inventions of technology[/https://www.gadgets360hub.xyz] for more information
Always use [https://www.gadgets360hub.xyz/2018/11/what-is-google-dorks-how-to-use-it-cons-and-importance.html]google dork[/https://www.gadgets360hub.xyz/2018/11/what-is-google-dorks-how-to-use-it-cons-and-importance.html] to get the exact result
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by Raghuvar: 6:38am On Jan 04, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jar/jad Application To Convert Movies Avi And Other Formats Into 3gp / ***load N200 And Get N1000, Mtn Is @ It Again*** / close this acct seun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.