Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,523 members, 7,823,281 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Nigeria Sees Boom In Skin-bleaching Products - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigeria Sees Boom In Skin-bleaching Products (1338 Views)

Nigerian Skin-Bleaching Expert Shares Pictures Of His Transformation / Forget Bleaching Products, How To Exfoliate Your Face And Body / Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Sees Boom In Skin-bleaching Products by TheBookWorm: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
Nigeria sees boom in skin-bleaching products

More than 70 percent of Nigerian women admit use of whitening products, more than any other nation.

In Nigeria, a growing number of men and women are using skin whitening creams because they believe a fairer complexion will help them succeed in life.

According to the World Health Organisation, more than 70 percent of Nigerian women admit they use such products despite the health hazards. That compares with 59 percent in Togo, and 27 in Senegal.

Al Jazeera's Mohammed Adow reports from Lagos.

http://www.aljazeera.com/video/africa/2013/04/20134434151827719.html
Re: Nigeria Sees Boom In Skin-bleaching Products by TheBookWorm: 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
Nigerians really need to listen to this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTNuwV7NFHM
Re: Nigeria Sees Boom In Skin-bleaching Products by redsun(m): 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
TheBookWorm: Nigeria sees boom in skin-bleaching products

More than 70 percent of Nigerian women admit use of whitening products, more than any other nation.

In Nigeria, a growing number of men and women are using skin whitening creams because they believe a fairer complexion will help them succeed in life.

According to the World Health Organisation, more than 70 percent of Nigerian women admit they use such products despite the health hazards. That compares with 59 percent in Togo, and 27 in Senegal.

Al Jazeera's Mohammed Adow reports from Lagos.

http://www.aljazeera.com/video/africa/2013/04/20134434151827719.html

Oh yeah!!!.At this time and age,they still haven't learnt about the dangers and indignity of bleaching.
Re: Nigeria Sees Boom In Skin-bleaching Products by tpia5: 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
More than 70 percent of Nigerian women admit use of whitening products, more than any other nation

the bolded is not possible.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sees Boom In Skin-bleaching Products by TheBookWorm: 3:57pm On Apr 04, 2013
tpia@:

the bolded is not possible.

I do not doubt the statistics. But even if the statistics are slightly exaggerated, there is a still problem that needs to be addressed. And that problem is self hate.
Re: Nigeria Sees Boom In Skin-bleaching Products by TheBookWorm: 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
redsun:

Oh yeah!!!.At this time and age,they still haven't learnt about the dangers and indignity of bleaching.

It is very sad when you think about it.
Re: Nigeria Sees Boom In Skin-bleaching Products by tpia5: 4:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
TheBookWorm:

I do not doubt the statistics. But even if the statistics are slightly exaggerated, there is a still problem that needs to be addressed. And that problem is self hate.

we blacks tend to admire light skin greatly, hence the state of affairs.
Re: Nigeria Sees Boom In Skin-bleaching Products by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
Lighter skin is more appreciated than darker skin especially in women. Black men should stop pretending. grin kiss So let them bleach. This is 2013, nobody wants to be sidelined in this competitive atmosphere.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sees Boom In Skin-bleaching Products by TheBookWorm: 1:00pm On May 30, 2013
And I still see this as a problem. There needs to be a healthy debate about this issue.
Re: Nigeria Sees Boom In Skin-bleaching Products by Kslib(m): 1:48pm On May 30, 2013
1..70% is just a stupid generalisation.
2.. I agree,there are many Nigerian women who bleach but saying "they bleach cos they believe that will make them succeed in life is jus plain stupid.. They bleach cos they feel lighter skin is more attractive..
3.. Most ignorant ones do not even know their body creams contaims bleaching agent. When they see their friend shinning,they ask of the cream she uses and go buy theirs without checking the ingrdients..
4.. Many Nigerian women bleach,but they are many who are also ignorant..
5.. I have seen many many women who hate bleaching with passion..
6.. I repeat,saying 70% of my Nigerian women bleach is plain stupid,senseless and ignorant.. Abi no be the Nigeria wey me dey.. Yes,there is problem,but i think this stupid article exaggerated it.
7.. Bleaching is not only a Nigerian thing.. I wonder how people will just pick some women,interview them and generalise based on those women that 70% out of the whole Nigerian women bleach in the same country where they claim an average Nigerian makes less that 150 per day..
I hate shying away from the truth. I like saying the truth no matter how it hurts but this article is nonsense..

(1) (Reply)

Colour Sublimation Jackets And Sublimation Shorts / Picture Of The Day: Give This Hairstyle A Name / Awww! How Adorable Is This Cutie And Her Dress?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.