Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Encounter With Satan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Encounter With Satan (973 Views)

Entering A Terrible Convenant With Satan By Singing Dorobucci / Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Encounter With Satan by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
Adapted from ''Satan by Khalil Gibran

The people looked upon Father Samaan as their guide in the field of spiritual and theological matters, for he was an authority and a source of deep information on venial and mortal sins, well versed in the secrets of paradise, hell, and purgatory.

Father Samaan's mission in North Lebanon was to travel from one village to another, preaching and curing the people from the spiritual disease of sin, and saving them from the horrible trap of Satan. The Reverend Father waged constant war with Satan. The fellahin honoured and respected this clergyman, and were always anxious to buy his advice or prayers with pieces of gold and silver; and at every harvest they would present him with the finest fruits of their fields.

One evening in autumn, as Father Samaan walked his way towards a solitary village, crossing those valleys and hills, he heard a painful cry emerging from a ditch at the side of the road. He stopped and looked in the direction of the voice, and saw an unclothed man lying on the ground. Streams of blood oozed from deep wounds in his head and chest. He was moaning painfully for aid, saying, "Save me, help me. Have mercy on me, I am dying."

Father Samaan looked with perplexity at the sufferer, and said within himself, "This man must be a thief. He probably tried to rob the wayfarers and failed. Someone has wounded him, and I fear that should he die I may be accused of having taken his life."

Father Samaan came close to the man, knelt, and stared at him; but he saw a strange face with contrasting features; he saw intelligence with slyness, ugliness with beauty, and wickedness with softness. He withdrew to his feet sharply, and exclaimed, "Who are you?"

The man replied with an agonizing voice, "You know my identity! You have seen me one thousand times and you speak of me each day. I am dearer to you than your own life." And the Father reprimanded, "You are a lying imposter! A dying man should tell the truth. I have never seen your evil face in my entire life. Tell me who you are, or I will suffer you to die, soaked in your escaping life." And the wounded man moved slowly and looked into the clergyman's eyes, and upon his lips appeared a mystic smile; and in a quiet, deep and smooth voice he said, "I am Satan."

Upon hearing the fearful word, Father Samaan uttered a terrible cry that shook the far corners of the valley; then he stared, and realized that the dying man's body, with its grotesque distortions, coincided with the likeness of Satan in a religious picture hanging on the wall of the village church. He trembled and cried out, saying, "God has shown me your hellish image and justly caused me to hate you; cursed be you for evermore! The mangled lamb must be destroyed by the shepherd lest he will infect the other lambs!"

Satan answered, "Be not in haste, Father, and lose not this fleeting time in empty talk. Come and close my wounds quickly, before life departs from my body." And the clergyman retorted, "The hands which offer a daily sacrifice to God shall not touch a body made of the secretion of hell. You must die accursed by the tongues of the ages, and the lips of humanity, for you are the enemy of humanity, and it is your avowed purpose to destroy all virtue."

Satan moved in anguish, raising himself upon one elbow, and responded, "You know not what you are saying, nor understand the crime you are committing upon yourself. Give heed, for I will relate my story. Today I walked alone in this solitary valley. When I reached this place, a group of angels descended to attack, and struck me severely; had it not been for one of them, who carried a blazing sword with two sharp edges, I would have driven them off, but I had no power against the brilliant sword." And Satan ceased talking for a moment, as he pressed a shaking hand upon a deep wound in his side. Then he continued, "The armed angel -- I believe he was Michael -- was an expert gladiator. Had I not thrown myself to the friendly ground and feigned to have been slain, he would have torn me into brutal death."

With voice of triumph, and casting his eyes heavenwards, the Father offered, "Blessed be Michael's name, who has saved humanity from this vicious enemy."

And Satan protested, "My disdain for humanity is not greater than your hatred for yourself. You are blessing Michael, who never has come to your rescue. You are cursing me in the hour of my defeat, even though I was, and still am, the source of your tranquility and happiness. You deny me your blessing, and extend not your kindness, but you live and prosper in the shadow of my being. You have adopted my existence as an excuse and weapon for your career, and you employ my name in justification for your deeds. Has not my past caused you to be in need of my present and future? Have you reached your goal in amassing the required wealth? Have you found it impossible to extract more gold and silver from your followers, using my kingdom as a threat?

"Do you not realize that you will starve to death if I were to die? What would you do tomorrow if you allowed me to die today? What vocation would you pursue if my name disappeared? For decades you have been roaming these villages and warning the people against falling into my hands. They have bought your advice with their poor dinars and with the products of their land. What would they buy from you tomorrow, if they discovered that their wicked enemy no longer existed? Your occupation would die with me, for the people would be safe from sin. As a clergyman, do you not realize that Satan's existence alone has created his enemy, the Church? That ancient conflict is the secret hand which removes the gold and silver from the faithful's pocket and deposits it forever into the pouch of the preacher and the missionary. How can you permit me to die here, when you know it will surely cause you to lose your prestige, your church, your home, and your livelihood?"

"In every city under the sun my name was the axis of the educational circle of religion, arts, and philosophy. Had it not been for me, no temples would have been built, no towers or palaces would have been erected. I am the courage that creates resolution in man. I am the source that provokes originality of thought. I am the hand that moves man's hands. I am Satan whom people fight in order to keep themselves alive. If they cease struggling against me, slothfulness will deaden their minds and hearts and souls, in accordance with the weird penalties of their tremendous myth.

'I am the enraged and mute tempest who agitates the minds of man and the hearts of women. And in fear of me, they will travel to places of worship to condemn me, or to places of vice to make me happy by surrendering to my will. The monk who prays in the silence of the night to keep me away from his bed is like the prostitute who invites me to her chamber.

"I am the builder of convents and monasteries upon the foundation of fear. I build wine shops and wicked houses upon the foundations of lust and self-gratification. If I cease to exist, fear and enjoyment will be abolished from the world, and through their disappearance, desires and hopes will cease to exist in the human heart. Life will become empty and cold, like a harp with broken strings.

"I am the father and mother of sin, and if sin were to vanish, the fighters of sin would vanish with it, along with their families and structures.

"I am the heart of all evil. Would you wish for human motion to stop through cessation of my heartbeat? Would you accept the result after destroying the cause? I am the cause! Would you allow me to die in this deserted wilderness? Do you desire to sever the bond that exists between you and me? Answer me, clergyman!"

Father Samaan quivered and rubbed his hands nervously, and with apology in his voice he said, "I know now what I had not known an hour ago. Forgive my ignorance. I know that your existence in this world creates temptation, and temptation is a measurement by which God adjudges the value of human souls. It is a scale which Almighty God uses to weigh the spirits. I am certain that if you die, temptation will die, and with its passing, death will destroy the ideal power which elevates and alerts man.

"You must live, for if you die and the people know it, their fear of hell will vanish and they will cease worshipping, for naught would be sin. You must live, for in your life is the salvation of humanity from vice and sin.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Encounter With Satan by deebrain(m): 6:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
which spirit, O sarassin, is at work in thee?

2 Likes

Re: Encounter With Satan by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
deebrain: which spirit, O sarassin, is at work in thee?

One of susurration, O deebrain.

3 Likes

Re: Encounter With Satan by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 27, 2017
@Sarassin,

I can't help but enjoy the works of this man. Khalil was really a genius. A mixture of poetry spirituality and sensuality.

A prophet in his own way. Thank you for the excerpts.

3 Likes

Re: Encounter With Satan by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 27, 2017
LoJ:
@Sarassin,

I can't help but enjoy the works of this man. Khalil was really a genius. A mixture of poetry spirituality and sensuality.

A prophet in his own way. Thank you for the excerpts.

Hi LoJ, Gibran is simply inspired, I have enjoyed his books and poems tremendously. His work titled 'The Prophet' is a classic and one that I take with me everywhere I go. You could also read 'Unveiling the Secrets'- The Diary of Sufi Master. By Baqli Ruzbihan.
Re: Encounter With Satan by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 28, 2017
Sarassin:

Hi LoJ, Gibran is simply inspired, I have enjoyed his books and poems tremendously. His work titled 'The Prophet' is a classic and one that I take with me everywhere I go. You could also read 'Unveiling the Secrets'- The Diary of Sufi Master. By Baqli Ruzbihan.
I have gotten both books. Thank you Imma devour them over the weekend. I realized only today I have a quite huge collection of books now shocked

1 Like

Re: Encounter With Satan by analice107: 11:29am On Sep 28, 2017
Interesting, very interesting. So, what happens to humanity when satan finally gets removed from planet earth? because he will be removed.

@Sarassin, can i ple have the list of his books? I want to read.
Re: Encounter With Satan by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 28, 2017
analice107:

Interesting, very interesting. So, what happens to humanity when satan finally gets removed from planet earth? because he will be removed.

@Sarassin, can i ple have the list of his books? I want to read.

Eh? Cara mia what did you just say? You want to read? are you sure? Jesus must have risen grin grin .....just kidding.
You can find a list of his books on google. A good one to start with is "Jesus, Son of Man" by Khalil Gibran.
Re: Encounter With Satan by analice107: 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
Sarassin:

Eh? Cara mia what did you just say? You want to read? are you sure? Jesus must have risen grin grin .....just kidding.
You can find a list of his books on google. A good one to start with is "Jesus, Son of Man" by Khalil Gibran.
Mia Caro, by now you shd've known that your Cara Mia likes to read. I'll read them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Diocese of Nsukka Inaugurates New Bishop / What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? / Thank You Jesus....i Am HIV Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.