Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? (1810 Views)

Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? / Which Data Subscription Are You Using To Browse? / Which Browser Is The Fastest For Downloading Large Files? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by Mueeze(m): 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
There are a number of browsers available for android devices in and out of the play store. There are some peculiarities, similarities and differences amongst them, ranging from its data compression ability, if it comes with an inbuilt download manager, how user friendly it is, ease of navigation, support on various operating systems and ease of transferring bookmarks e.t.c.

I have tried a number of them, and i can't seem to make a decision on which one to stick to. Lets state the browser we are using, and the reason for using it.

Presently, am using UCBrowser. Reason, i saw a review on it and it caught my interest. The only thing i have seen that makes it stand out is its ability to pause and resume downloads.
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by ciphoenix: 6:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
i use firefox, chrome, opera and the stock browser.

i had ucbrowser but uninstalled it.

no download manager attached, i use aDownloader
for my downloads

i keep firefox to keep other users from messing
with my online accounts in chrome.

opera is for times i have low data and need to look up
something`
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by Mueeze(m): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
ciphoenix:
i use firefox, chrome, opera and the stock browser.

i had ucbrowser but uninstalled it.

no download manager attached, i use aDownloader
for my downloads

i keep firefox to keep other users from messing
with my online accounts in chrome.

opera is for times i have low data and need to look up
something`

UCBrowser has a download manager, and it happens to be faster than opera mini. I haven't actually compared its data compression, but why the need to compress data and limit your browsing experience? I would rather go for a browser that is fast and wouldn't limit the experience. Plus UCBrowser is kinda dull. Default browser is a no no for me. I haven't tried firefox, and chrome is alright but it doesnt open some sites and downloading with it is annoying.

1 Like

Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by Gerardcole(m): 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
Guy nothing outplays Opera Browser Beta

This is not Opera Mini, neither is it opera mini. Just a new mix of both and more from Opera. Quite the best I've used on my SGS II.

If you want to conserve data, switch on Off Road Mode and reduce image quality, like I'm doing now (I think this mode saves more data than Opera Mini).

If you want to enjoy desktop experience, switch of Off Road Mode and select user agent as Desktop from setting.

If you want a Hidden Session, create a new private tab.

Read the review http://www.naijatech.com/android/opera-browser-14-beta-review-android
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by Mueeze(m): 7:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
Gerardcole: Guy nothing outplays Opera Browser Beta

This is not Opera Mini, neither is it opera mini. Just a new mix of both and more from Opera. Quite the best I've used on my SGS II.

If you want to conserve data, switch on Off Road Mode and reduce image quality, like I'm doing now (I think this mode saves more data than Opera Mini).

If you want to enjoy desktop experience, switch of Off Road Mode and select user agent as Desktop from setting.

Read the review http://www.naijatech.com/android/opera-browser-14-beta-review-android

Opera browser beta doesnt show progress bar while loading web pages.
When off road mode is switched off, it is crazilly data intensive.
And the off road mode doesn't work when i switch to WiFi when am in the office.
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by Gerardcole(m): 7:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mueeze:

Opera browser beta doesnt show progress bar while loading web pages.
When off road mode is switched off, it is crazilly data intensive.
And the off road mode doesn't work when i switch to WiFi when am in the office.

But there is an animated circle, just like Chrome on desktop that tells you its still loading.

Who needs progress bar these days?
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by Mueeze(m): 7:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
Gerardcole:

But there is an animated circle, just like Chrome on desktop that tells you its still loading.

Who needs progress bar these days?

Well, i didn't notice the animated circle, plus its still in beta and the bugs are enormous.

1 Like

Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by ciphoenix: 8:12pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mueeze:

UCBrowser has a download manager, and it happens to be faster than opera mini. I haven't actually compared its data compression, but why the need to compress data and limit your browsing experience? I would rather go for a browser that is fast and wouldn't limit the experience. Plus UCBrowser is kinda dull. Default browser is a no no for me. I haven't tried firefox, and chrome is alright but it doesnt open some sites and downloading with it is annoying.

The stock browser on the Note 2 isn't bad at all.
UCbrowser was too unstable for my liking
my chrome is synced across all my devices
Windows, Android, Ubuntu(Chromium) smiley
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by PrinceNN(m): 8:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
i dont really use my android for browsing undecided but iv tried a few browsers...Dolphin browser is the favourite....
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by Mueeze(m): 12:14am On Apr 05, 2013
I just downloaded Firefox again. I think I have seen my default browser. it's actually superfast, and it has got an impressive UI. haven't tried downloading anything with it though, but am impressed.

The stock browser to me is dull jare, I always have this penchant for more than the ordinary, plus you actually have to increase the screen brightness everytime you wanna browse so you can see the contents of the Web pages well.
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 05, 2013
 Chrome, Dolphin and opera mini.
For downloading its boat browser and UC
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by PrinceNN(m): 12:38am On Apr 05, 2013
anything stock is dull....be it browser or whatsoever undecided
i like firefox because of the addons available, but still the stress of opening a new tab is too much angry
to those talking about downloading, try EasyDownloaderfrom the play store...you dont need a browser just to download stuff undecided
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by Mueeze(m): 12:48am On Apr 05, 2013
₱®ÌИСΞ:
i like firefox because of the addons available, but still the stress of opening a new tab is too much angry
to those talking about downloading, try EasyDownloaderfrom the play store...you dont need a browser just to download stuff undecided

Thanks. Chrome just proved to be a worthy competitor to Firefox. But it's slower than Firefox. The advantage is in its ease of navigation. Downloading is at par, they are both Crap.
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by PrinceNN(m): 12:58am On Apr 05, 2013
Mueeze:

Thanks. Chrome just proved to be a worthy competitor to Firefox. But it's slower than Firefox. The advantage is in its ease of navigation. Downloading is at par, they are both Crap.

Dude...the best (to me) is Dolphin
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by Nobody: 2:00am On Apr 05, 2013
Gerardcole: Guy nothing outplays Opera Browser Beta

just tried this opera beta and I just noticed that its an English version of oupeng browser for android 
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by Mueeze(m): 2:17am On Apr 05, 2013
₱®ÌИСΞ:

Dude...the best (to me) is Dolphin

Dolphin browser, just like UC browser, feels very much like a chinko browser.
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by Mueeze(m): 2:22am On Apr 05, 2013
₱®ÌИСΞ:

Thanks for the easy downloader tip. It actually grabs downloads automatically by itself, just as idm works. I think I enjoy the chrome and easy downloader combo.
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by ciphoenix: 11:12am On Apr 05, 2013
₱®ÌИСΞ:
i still prefer aDownloader  tongue
download manager and bittorrent client in one
cool

firefox's addons do give it an
advantage over the others though

i've tried so hard, yet for some reason
can't find positives in UCbrowser undecided
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by ciphoenix: 11:15am On Apr 05, 2013
Mueeze:

chrome is in no way, slower
than firefox. i love them both.
great browsers with sync option
but with my chrome, i can send pages
to my desktop printer, even save to my pc
as pdf from my phone cool .

again i'm already in love with chrome
developer mode and all. just too cool.
upgraded yet?
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by PrinceNN(m): 11:59am On Apr 05, 2013
Mueeze:

Dolphin browser, just like UC browser, feels very much like a chinko browser.

lool chinko ke?? dude Dolphin is as simple and powerful as chrome (pc) and its no doubt the most popular on android...

Mueeze:

Thanks for the easy downloader tip. It actually grabs downloads automatically by itself, just as idm works. I think I enjoy the chrome and easy downloader combo.
sure...
also with the phones inbuilt "share" feature, you can share any link from browser or any app to the app and it takes over the download

ciphoenix:
i still prefer aDownloader  tongue
download manager and bittorrent client in one
cool

firefox's addons do give it an
advantage over the others though

i've tried so hard, yet for some reason
can't find positives in UCbrowser undecided
yea i have Adownloader...nice also
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by ibietela2(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2013
Mueeze:

Ucweb is never fast.
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by ibietela2(m): 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
I use operamini for fast and easy browsing then firefox for download
Re: Which Browser Are You Using On Your Android And Why Do You Prefer It? by phazotron(m): 12:52pm On May 31, 2013
opera for browsing and uc for downloading

(1) (Reply)

5 Strong Reasons Why You Will Dislike The Iphone 5S And Iphone 5C -mymobnet! / The Most Durable Tecno Mobile / Rooting And Changing Of IME Numbers In Infinix Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.