Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

HIV, CANCER Treatment: Bee Venom To The Rescue - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV, CANCER Treatment: Bee Venom To The Rescue (2126 Views)

Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) / Science Reveal Bee Venom Can Cure Hiv And Cancer / Nano-particles & Bee Venom Can Kill HIV – New Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV, CANCER Treatment: Bee Venom To The Rescue by PENMIGHT(m): 11:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
Scientists have discovered that apart from pollinating  crops, producing honey, beeswax , propolis, pollen and royal jelly, bees could also be the solution to the deadly Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and cancer.

Recently, a team of scientists at the Washington University School of Medicine, USA, used nanoparticles carrying a toxin found in bee venom  to destroy HIV without harming nearby cells.

The report was contained in the current issue of Antiviral Therapy.

Explaining the modus operandi, Dr. Samuel A. Wickline, one of the researchers said; “Bee venom contains a potent toxin called melittin that can poke holes in the protective envelope that surrounds HIV and other viruses. It has even shown melittin-loaded nanoparticles to be effective in killing tumor cells.”

In an interview with Vanguard in Ibadan recently, Mr. Ayodele Salako, an apiculturist (beekeeper), corroborated the assertion of the researchers. “The bee sting is very medicinal. A bee keeper who is stung by a bee every now and then,  will not complain of any ailment because the bees have taken those things away from you by enhancing your immunity. That is one of the best works of bee venom.”

He demonstrated this by administering bee venom therapy on some people with pains in various parts of the body like the waist, hands and knees. All recipients said the pains stopped after a few minutes.

Comparing the bee venom and other anti-HIV drugs, Joshua L. Hood, another researcher said “most anti-HIV drugs inhibit the virus’s ability to replicate. But this anti-replication strategy does nothing to stop initial infection, and some strains of the virus have found ways around these drugs and reproduce anyway. The bee venom toxin is different because it attacks an essential part of the virus’ structure. The melittin forms little pore-like attack complexes and ruptures the envelope, stripping it off the virus.

“We are attacking an inherent physical property of HIV,” said Hood, “and there isn’t any way for the virus to adapt to that. The virus has to have a protective coat, a double-layered membrane that covers it,” so if the covering is destroyed, the virus is destroyed.

“Because the bee venom toxin has been engineered not to attack healthy cells, a womanly gel loaded with bee venom particles, could be ideal for couples where one partner has HIV and they want to have a baby,” the report said, adding; “It’s also theoretically possible that intravenous injections of the nanoparticles would be able to clear HIV from the blood stream, a virtual miracle for those who have tested positive.”
http:///y5TDT

" AND YOUR LORD INSPIRED THE BEE, SAYING : "TAKE YOU HABITATIONS IN THE MOUNTATIONS AND IN THE TREES AND IN WHAT THEY ERECT.
'THEN,EAT OF ALL FRUITS, AND FOLLOW THE WAYS OF YOUR LORD MADE EASY FOR U'.THERE COMES FORTH FROM THEIR BELLIES,A DRINK OF VARING COLOUR WHEREIN IS HEALING FOR MEN.VERILY, IN THIS IS INDEED A SIGN FOR PEOPLE WHO THINK" Q 16 vs 68-69.
Re: HIV, CANCER Treatment: Bee Venom To The Rescue by johnwizey: 11:32pm On Apr 04, 2013
space booked
Re: HIV, CANCER Treatment: Bee Venom To The Rescue by PENMIGHT(m): 11:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
I was on Site one day when a man approached asking me whether I will like to patronize him. "Why not", I replied? "And what kind of service do u render?", I asked him. Expecting him to explain which field of works he is skilled in, he said he gives "Bee Injections" @ the rate of 6 for N100.
I was still thinking it to mean another name of all these acupuncture therapy u see around. Alas, he brought out life bees! I laughed!

A stream of thought run through my mind as the man was x-raying his knowledge of human physiology; telling me which veins connects to the brain; which one connects to my waist(for man power!);which connects to joints here and there.

I was wondering why will I volunteer to be stung by bee knowing how potent they could be. I decided to dire!
Here the man comes with the box and on opening it, I was starring at a Bee Hive. Hungry,scary looking bees!
I TOOK THE SIX! Yeah, I did! I was practically 'dead'(not patience type though) for some time so don't expect me to narrate how it felt. It was a wiered,funny kind of experience.
Bitter,pepeermint,hot,hitchy feelings garnished with some dancing steps that renders azonto look ordinary. For some moment , I thought the air siezed.
Suffocating, I was feeling the venoms as they permeate my body. The one( no. two) I took at the base of the spine(man power) was the baddest!

I took it around 4pm and d effect wore down greatly only the next morning but the insertion point took days for the itching to stop. Though I slept much better,the sun sets at midday for me!
U know some itching that ones brain can't really decipher whether they are sweet o or painful o. Combo things. U itch,u laugh , u hiss,u skake ur head promising not to return your hands only for you to know how feeble you are!

THE EFFECT?- Why ask when you can try it out yourself? I remember this vividly because it is one of the most effective experience I have with taking medicinal drugs. It was soothing afterall! Great feeling of general well-being. Hyper-activity I noticed at work. No fatigue for days. Usual pains were not noticeable. The man promised high delivery at the work my wife normally send me! It worked too! ALL at N100- this is the real "gbogbo ni se-aporo epa ijebu"

One thing is funny though, the bees that stung me WILL NEVER STUNG ANYONE AGAIN. I believe that is natural way to prevent transmission of disease like not sharing needles,blades e.t.c. Infact, they usually 'dash' u the needles' to dispose off yourself-they insert their needles and forget it there.

Sooner than later, they have to die a natural death. They stung ones in lifetime and 'its mission achieved' for them. They died helplessly in my presence.

My gain, their losses! Rest in peace(s) docs

1 Like

Re: HIV, CANCER Treatment: Bee Venom To The Rescue by sino(m): 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2013
I can't help but LOL at this your story o, you actually got stung by bees?! Wow, i always thought they were poisnous, like a snake's venom which would need immediate medical attention....hmmm "bee sting therapy" Na wa o...

While i would like to get cured from any ailment that might befall me, a bee's sting is kinda extreme na, just give me the honey lol.

Indeed Allah (SWT) Says the truth.
The prophet(SAW) was reported to have said;
"There is no disease which Allah has sent down except there is a cure for it"

I just can't wait for these guys to just come out and tell us there is a cure for the dreadful HIV/AIDS.
Re: HIV, CANCER Treatment: Bee Venom To The Rescue by BetaThings: 2:18am On Apr 08, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: THE EFFECT?- Why ask when you can try it out yourself? I remember this vividly because it is one of the most effective experience I have with taking medicinal drugs. It was soothing afterall! Great feeling of general well-being. Hyper-activity I noticed at work. No fatigue for days. Usual pains were not noticeable. The man promised high delivery at the work my wife normally send me! It worked too! ALL at N100- this is the real "gbogbo ni se-aporo epa ijebu"

This is actually similar to a story in a book called "Aquarium" by Viktor Suvorov. Unfortunately I have lost the book, I would have confirmed what he he actually used (I think he used ants)
The book was about his true life experience as an agent in a branch (named Aquarium) of the defunct (prior to 1989) Russian secret service. It was one of the toughest agencies - you never left it alive - you work till you were dead or if you tried to defect, they would try real hard to catch you (they were 100% successful at this before VS defection) and kill you by very cruel and painful (eg being thrown alive into a furnace)

Anyway VS said that while with the service, he often drove into the forest alone and would look for a colony of soldier ants (that is what I really think he used, not bee - I cannot confirm) and lie in their midst and allow them to sting him all over. Then he would leave and go back home. His theory or (discovery - I am no longer sure) was that whatever those ants killed by stinging were always preserved - they never decayed. So with the sting his body would also benefit from that power of preservation

However I was once stung by a bee once. Not such a pleasant experience. I am not sure I can face one again, let alone six! Yes, I am a coward.
But seriously, I am not sure that in that raw state it is healthy for everyone. Some people have nearly deadly allergies to stings. Maybe some processing may have to be done on the venom first
Re: HIV, CANCER Treatment: Bee Venom To The Rescue by sino(m): 5:11am On Apr 08, 2013
^^^weird things people do. which is even more painful, soldier ants or bees?
Honestly, i don't think i can stand any of the two o.

Yeah, peoples genetic makeup differs, some might not be able to handle this venom if directly introduced.
Re: HIV, CANCER Treatment: Bee Venom To The Rescue by BetaThings: 5:31am On Apr 08, 2013
^^^^
But somebody who is seriously ill does not have many options
And the guy who wrote that story has faced more deadly situations in life that has no immediate benefits to his health than exposing himself to ant/bee sting therapy
But the whites are more adventurous (and more successful in ventures that require daring and experimentation) than us!
Re: HIV, CANCER Treatment: Bee Venom To The Rescue by chiozor: 8:02am On Apr 09, 2013
can't the venom be extracted or the molecular composition of the venom be formulated in the lab other than the scary bit of a life BEE! >:
Re: HIV, CANCER Treatment: Bee Venom To The Rescue by mu2sa2: 8:02am On Apr 10, 2013
The bee is a special insect, for it is inspired by Almighty God, who has endowed it with extra-ordinary healing powers. This Knowledge has being with us for over 1400 years. Like so many other scientific facts, the unique healing abilities of the bee came to us via the Quran. This is what God says in Quran 16:68,69 -
"And your Lord inspires the bee saying: Make hives in the mountains and in the trees and and in (men's) habitations:
Then eat from all the fruits and follow the ways of your Lord laid down [for you].
There emerges from their bellies a drink, varying in colours, in which there is healing for people. Indeed in that
is a sign for a people who give thought."

There is a centre in Kano that has been treating HIV sufferers and claiming successful cures using ONLY honey and verses from the Quran. Orthodox doctors and indeed govt have dismissed them, but now this news from US has vindicated them. The Quran is a powerful book and to this day statements therein are unfolding everyday. God is great.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sugar Awareness: Beware Of Sugar... Share To Save Lives - Photo / Where Can I Find arm guards to buy / How To Cure My Erectile Dysfunction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.