Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,710 members, 7,824,016 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) (28920 Views)

This Is What Snake Venom Does To Blood! / Man Claims To Have Lived Without Eating For 5 Years / Pls Anti Snake Venom Needed!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by 9jaflave: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
An unemployed factory worker has proved his immunity to snake venom by letting a deadly mamba bite his bare arm. Tim Friede says he has built up immunity and claims he has now endured bites from 100 poisonous snakes.

The 45-year-old from Milwaukee is now able to survive a snake bite from a black mamba, which normally kills anyone bitten within just 20 minutes. Mr Friede can also survive bite from cobras and other deadly serpents.

He hopes that by building up human immunity to snake poison he can contribute to the development of a new anti-venom. Pictures of the process show the mamba locking its jaws around his arm and leaving a bloody wound.

He said: 'When people see what I do they usually swear or ask me if I'm going to die.
'The pictures are a display of my immunity, to prove it works.
'That's the only way people will believe it, and the true test if self-immunization works.
'Letting yourself get bitten requires a very high level of mental pressure, albeit a necessary one to beat snakebite.
'Doing a pure venom injection is one thing, but a bite is a whole new level - and a necessary one.'

By proving his own immunity he hopes his work will lead to more efficient and affordable than the type produced from horses that is currently available.

'What I do is called venom immunotherapy,' Mr Friede said.
'I take diluted injections of venom protein over time to build up my immune system.
'What that does is build up good antibodies through time that bind to the venom and neutralize it so I don't die.
'This is the same way they make anti-venom in horses, I just cut the horse out of the picture. I've become the horse.'

However, he does suffer side-effects- Pictures show Mr Friede's swollen hand, which is caused by his own anti-bodies attacking his body.
He has regular kidney and liver tests to check his dangerous work is not causing damage to his organs.

Mr Friede keeps dozens of poisonous snakes in the basement of his house and is working hard to contribute to a vaccine he hopes will make a difference to snakebite victims worldwide.

'I hope through developing my own resistance to poison some solid groundwork can be laid to build a vaccine for the 125,000 people that die from snakebite every year.
'At present the poor of Asia and Africa are the majority of the victims.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2448307/Man-claims-snake-bite-immunity-injecting-venom.html
http://9jaflave..com/2013/10/man-immune-to-snake-venom.html

2 Likes

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
Wonders shall never end

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by DonColz1(m): 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Two donkeys were walking through jerusalem, and one of the donkey told the other donkey that he remembered when jesus was on his back, and people were praising him and putting their clothes on the floor while he was busy matching on their clothes and enjoying himself, but now nobody seems to remember him, then the other donkey said, my friend, without jesus on your side you are nothing...

90 Likes

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by TreasuredGlory: 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ok
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Make him come try naija snakes

4 Likes

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Good for him
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by LajaLaba: 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
First ever grin
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by nkpommpko(m): 3:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Thou shall not tempt thou snake
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by 5much(m): 3:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
what a world. slowly, slowly he'll die.

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by theripper3: 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
Active immunity.
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
Wey dat eke wey kill my pastor and babalawo? We call her Nkapisi

This guy go change statement to...."I'm immune except to Nkapisi undecided
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
This charm is Made in Okija and Marketed by Okija Group of companies. 51|52 Upper Iweka Road, by Emmalex & Ossy Affason shop. grin.. grin

Distributors needed Nationwide.. grin

8 Likes

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Jensenelizz(m): 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
Oya,,...
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Pizzanatty(m): 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
It haf tey dt boys ar doing it in d village...but civilization don make us dey fear those things now...
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by otijah(m): 3:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
Am seeing rubber snakes their oooo or am I blind, Anyways that this particular snakes do not kill u doesn't mean a snake can't kill u, a day is coming when we hear "MAN WHO CLAIMS. IMMUNITY TO SNAKE VENOM IS DEAD BY A SNAKE BITE". Ur END is NEAR
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by acmev2(m): 3:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
I B
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Burger01(m): 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
I need to take this man to my village..
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Pretyangel25(f): 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lol. Good for him
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Adebayor1(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
An unemployed factory worker....hmmm.

3 Likes

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
May be he use to be snake b4....
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by stalyf(m): 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by 3ace(m): 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
Mr Friede keeps dozens of poisonous
snakes in the basement of his house and is
working hard to contribute to a vaccine he
hopes will make a difference to snakebite
victims worldwide.
He must surely be living alone.
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
mad man
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by PastorOluT(m): 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
DonColz1: Two donkeys were walking through jerusalem, and one of the donkey told the other donkey that he remembered when jesus was on his back, and people were praising him and putting their clothes on the floor while he was busy matching on their clothes and enjoying himself, but now nobody seems to remember him, then the other donkey said, my friend, without jesus on your side you are nothing...
Only Jesus in the life of one makes the difference which is the reason we dont worship saints or any other that Jesus used, or even through the medium He came into the world, 'cos they are all vessels!

3 Likes

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
reserved
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Ayomax(m): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
shld i start dancing abt it?

4 Likes

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by bunku(m): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Very interesting.keep it up
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Lionbite(m): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Sageez(m): 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
booked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! / Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. / Does Funbact A Bleach D Face?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.