Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? (3423 Views)

How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / I Gave Out My Daughters For Marriage At Age 15 And 16--senator Yerima / I Am Very Unhappy In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by obamasbabe(f): 11:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hello friends. Please I created this thread out of frustration and I will need contructive contributions.
My marriage is barely 2years and I have this fear that its at the brink of collapse. My hubby who used to be my best friend has suddenly changed. There is no friendship between us. The only time we are together is when we are discussing other people or getting intimate. And we only get intimate after so much persuasion from me.
For over a year I have never heard any sweet word from him but I hear him complementing other ladies.
He never complements my dressing yet other men do. He never complement my food and kind gestures yet other men do. All I hear is condemnation.
The most painful part is that he has more female friends. And he keeps lying to me about these girls.
All the love and affection he once had for me he has transfered to our dauther.
He is making the marriage uninteresting for me.
Is it because am jobless? Or I because I added some weight(cos he keeps complaining about my weight).
Or is this how men act as soon as they get married?
Each night we sleep in the same bed like total strangers.
Honestly am frustrated.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
My Dear, I guess the Financial burden is beginning to tell on him, Why not try and get a Job, shade some weight and relax alittle with him.. Am sure once ur busy, he will sit up and retrace his steps. Having alot of Female could also be another factor.

1 Like

Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by acidtalk: 12:36am On Apr 05, 2013
You guessed right madam.

Yes! It is because you are JOBLESS.
Yes! It is because you are now FAT.

This are two very serious issues you are taking in such a light manner.

Do yourself and family a huge favour and get a job. It doesn't have to be so high paying. A N60,000 salary from you will go a long way to ease the financial burden you have placed your husband into.

Also no man who got attracted to a well shaped and average size lady will now start seeing a YOKOZUNA by his side and be happy. Part of the reasons he probably got attracted to you was your stature, so why add so much weight?

By the way, what you you mean other men appreciate your cooking? Who are the other men you are cooking for? Or dressing to impress so you can get their aTtention.

Are you sure you have never cheated on your husband?
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by obamasbabe(f): 12:54am On Apr 05, 2013
acidtalk: You guessed right madam.

Yes! It is because you are JOBLESS.
Yes! It is because you are now FAT.

This are two very serious issues you are taking in such a light manner.

Do yourself and family a huge favour and get a job. It doesn't have to be so high paying. A N60,000 salary from you will go a long way to ease the financial burden you have placed your husband into.

Also no man who got attracted to a well shaped and average size lady will now start seeing a YOKOZUNA by his side and be happy. Part of the reasons he probably got attracted to you was your stature, so why add so much weight?

By the way, what you you mean other men appreciate your cooking? Who are the other men you are cooking for? Or dressing to impress so you can get their aTtention.

Are you sure you have never cheated on your husband?
Thanks for ur contribution. We dated for 10 years and I never cheated on him and I will never cheat on my man. NEVER!
Each time I go out with my hubby his friends and colleagues will always complement what I wear and whenever they visit I always have something from the kitchen to give them.
I love my man and will never cheat on him come what may.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by coogar: 1:30am On Apr 05, 2013
obama'sbabe:
Hello friends. Please I created this thread out of frustration and I will need contructive contributions.
My marriage is barely 2years and I have this fear that its at the brink of collapse. My hubby who used to be my best friend has suddenly changed. There is no friendship between us. The only time we are together is when we are discussing other people or getting intimate. And we only get intimate after so much persuasion from me.
For over a year I have never heard any sweet word from him but I hear him complementing other ladies.
He never complements my dressing yet other men do. He never complement my food and kind gestures yet other men do. All I hear is condemnation.
The most painful part is that he has more female friends. And he keeps lying to me about these girls.
All the love and affection he once had for me he has transfered to our dauther.
He is making the marriage uninteresting for me.
Is it because am jobless? Or I because I added some weight(cos he keeps complaining about my weight).
Or is this how men act as soon as they get married?
Each night we sleep in the same bed like total strangers.
Honestly am frustrated.

find a good gym and burn those adipose tissues.
i don't like excess fat too - blubber, grease and loads of wheezing can turn the most virile man on the planet into a monk. get your shape back to the time you first met your hubby and go out more(get a job or start a small business).
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by obamasbabe(f): 1:48am On Apr 05, 2013
coogar:

find a good gym and burn those adipose tissues.
i don't like excess fat too - blubber, grease and loads of wheezing can turn the most virile man on the planet into a monk. get your shape back to the time you first met your hubby and go out more(get a job or start a small business).
Thanks. I am really trying to shed weight. When we met I was a size 8 and now am a size 12 and am still nursing my baby. Not like am so fat.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by Roland17(m): 2:11am On Apr 05, 2013
Who says Marriage is a bed of roses physically, Financially and emotionally?

Who says married people don't fall out and back in love with each other.

Your husband is very uncomfortable about something he is not willing to speak to you about maybe because he expects u to figure it out yourself (u are no magician thus u can't) except ur communication lines (verbal and non verbal) are very strong, it might have to do with your new weight which u have already noticed, it could also be about the financial burden/ stress he is shouldering.

Communication and Patience!!! these factors are inevitable in any friendship, irrespective of his coldness, approach and speak to him about how u feel rather than making assumptions, find out what the problem is, u might be surprised it has nothing to do with you, it might have to do with other aspects of his life but it could also be YOU.

Loose some weight and work very hard to get a job, it does not have to be a million dollar job, something that keeps u busy and out of the house.

P.S: 100 years of dating can never be compared to 1 day of marriage.

You would be fine
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by obamasbabe(f): 2:15am On Apr 05, 2013
Roland17: Who says Marriage is a bed of roses physically, Financially and emotionally?

Your husband is very uncomfortable about something he is not willing to speak to you about maybe because he expects u to figure it out yourself (u are no magician thus u can't) except ur communication lines (verbal and non verbal) are very strong, it might have to do with your new weight which u have already noticed, it could also be about the financial burden/ stress he is shouldering.

Communication and Patience!!! these factors are inevitable in any friendship, irrespective of his coldness, approach and speak to him about how u feel rather than making assumptions, find out what the problem is, u might be surprised it has nothing to do with you, it might have to do with other aspects of his life but it could also be YOU.

Loose some weight and work very hard to get a job, it does not have to be a million dollar job, something that keeps u busy and out of the house.

You would be fine

Thanks Roland
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by baby124: 2:53am On Apr 05, 2013
Hmm... Na wa o. OP, take things in stride. Also communicate with him and tell him how you feel about this sudden change. Make him understand that he is married now, and has to respect his family. This is not gf/bf relationship! You are bigger because you carried that child he loves so much now. So he needs to behave! Work on yourself and don't put too much pressure on yourself. If you are going to go back to work, enjoy your stay at home with your baby. They grow fast. If you don't have a job, think of something profitable and start it. Collect the capital from him and make his money work for you. After all this drama and fine baby girl, you deserve it jare. #dayokeepawayfromthiscomment. grin
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 05, 2013
Communication is essential to marriage,it makes everybody's stand to be known on issues. Why not sit him down,and have heart to heart discussion,since you claimed you dated him for so long,you should know the right time to get his attention.

Try to act,and dress sexilly to him,to get his love,and attention,most married women believe that when married,they can dump their good looks,and attitude.

Try get a job,to remove idleness,and WATCH your weight( I don't like orobo ladies at all myself).
Above all,be prayerful.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by babseg(m): 6:49am On Apr 05, 2013
Why won't your hubby act like that to you when you talk say u be Obama's babe.

Only God knows who else you are admiring
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 05, 2013

8 Likes

Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by greatgod2012(f): 7:13am On Apr 05, 2013
@op, every marriage has its ups and downs, so calm down, its a phase, it will soon pass.
However, i assume you are only assuming, you cant really say what exactly is making him behave the way hes doing until you ask him, what is happening in your marriage is simply known as "communication break-down" ...........so, ny dear sister..........initiate communication, if hes not communicating with you, you communicate with him, initiate it, you dont have to wait for him to start talking with you like b4, you start the way you were doing when you were still dating, prepare delicious food and serve your meals together, while eating, open up a topic with him , but dont let it be about money or care of the child, save part of the money he gives you and buy movie ticket for two pple and invite him along, read books and narrate it to him, watch movie and tell him, just make sure you find something to discuss with him,......as you start all these, you will find avenues to ask what you did wrong all along, and dont be too big to beg him, after telling you what is wrong, from there, discuss with how you will like to start doing something to avoid idleness.
Note of warning...........if he has not started complaing about your weight, do not shed it until you ask him, he might like you the way you are, size 12 isnt much weight, so, do not work on assumption, work on certainty.
I wish you well, your marriage is still young, enjoy it, embrace him, invite him for hot sex, prepare the bed in such a way that he cant just resist you, dress smartly and dont forget to show love to his folks, it goes a long way for men to appreciate.
Above all, involve God in your marriage, always pray for him, d devil might want to deal with him and hes distracting him from what can make him happy, so, pray for his happiness, pray for everything that has to do with him, i will recommend the book....."the power of a praying wife" to you, it will help you to know the areas you will pray for about him.
May God help us all.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by uyogabie(f): 7:25am On Apr 05, 2013
chaircover: Oga oooooo!!!! Where is the love these days? What kinds of ME ME ME relationships are we breeding and living in. Do people really go over the vows that they made on their wedding day once in a while and think about the words carefully and act over them?

According to many, this lady is being teated badly because she went from size 8 to a size 12. Fair enough the husband does not like fat ladies although I def wouldn't call a size 12 as fat. So what does it stop him to assist her and encourage her. What is wrong in saying honey lets go for a walk, or honey lets join a gym together. Anyone can go to a gym even if you are a size 6, so there is nothing stopping her hubby from joining too. What if she had a illness, wont he look after her?

When husband and wife start seeing their spouses problem as the other persons problem only, the gap is going to continue to widen. Meanwhile what are some of the reasons why we get married? Is it not To have a helpmate and someone to encourage us, be our friend and be there for us through ups and downs.

. . . and these things are viscous circles. No condition is permanent. Possibly in 2 years time with hard work she could have a good job, look sexxy and have a lot more confidence. God forbid the husband loses his job or has an illness, how do you want that woman to behave towards him. That is why sometimes we hear stores of men loosing their jobs ad their wives treating them badly and we blame the wife but many times the husband is just reaping what he sowed when things were going well for him.

Madam, dont just assume the reason for your husbands cold attitude towards you, have a sit down and ask him . .and let him speak his mind without you interrupting him and listen very carefully to what he is saying. He may be saying something that you haven't heard before and so you make the necessary changes. If it happens that it is indeed only the weight then hit the gym and find a job.

Always keep lines of communication open. Dont wait until things get so bad before you try and resolve it. Both of you should be open and honest in your expectations and needs and desires. No one else can do these things for you but him(or that will be cheating & you honestly dont want to go down that route) so you have to let him understand your needs so that he can meet them, just as he has to communicate his needs to you too.
.like.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by uyogabie(f): 7:36am On Apr 05, 2013
@ Op,was there something you were doing before that you no longer do?May be you should check yourself too.They are women who has added more flesh than you and still try to look attractive.Talk to him please my dear.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by Mrsmansson(f): 8:10am On Apr 05, 2013
So nursing mothers don't shed weight?not only shedding weight my dear your tummy also.please throw all those excuses away and start something asap.As for a job I can teach you ways of getting a job.you have to be serious tho.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 05, 2013
LOL

Size 12 isn't necessarily fat but then it is a big shift from what you used to be. Cmon, shed some of it.

Secondly, get a job. Anything to get you of out the house. He probably doesn't need you to contribute anything financially but then if he has to foot the bill for EVERYTHING you want then dude might be a likkle pee'd off.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 05, 2013
Madam CC - u have made total sense.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 05, 2013
chaircover: Oga oooooo!!!! Where is the love these days? What kinds of ME ME ME relationships are we breeding and living in. Do people really go over the vows that they made on their wedding day once in a while and think about the words carefully and act over them?

According to many, this lady is being teated badly because she went from size 8 to a size 12. Fair enough the husband does not like fat ladies although I def wouldn't call a size 12 as fat. So what does it stop him to assist her and encourage her. What is wrong in saying honey lets go for a walk, or honey lets join a gym together. Anyone can go to a gym even if you are a size 6, so there is nothing stopping her hubby from joining too. What if she had a illness, wont he look after her?

When husband and wife start seeing their spouses problem as the other persons problem only, the gap is going to continue to widen. Meanwhile what are some of the reasons why we get married? Is it not To have a helpmate and someone to encourage us, be our friend and be there for us through ups and downs.

. . . and these things are viscous circles. No condition is permanent. Possibly in 2 years time with hard work she could have a good job, look sexxy and have a lot more confidence. God forbid the husband loses his job or has an illness, how do you want that woman to behave towards him. That is why sometimes we hear stores of men loosing their jobs ad their wives treating them badly and we blame the wife but many times the husband is just reaping what he sowed when things were going well for him.

Madam, dont just assume the reason for your husbands cold attitude towards you, have a sit down and ask him . .and let him speak his mind without you interrupting him and listen very carefully to what he is saying. He may be saying something that you haven't heard before and so you make the necessary changes. If it happens that it is indeed only the weight then hit the gym and find a job.

Always keep lines of communication open. Dont wait until things get so bad before you try and resolve it. Both of you should be open and honest in your expectations and needs and desires. No one else can do these things for you but him(or that will be cheating & you honestly dont want to go down that route) so you have to let him understand your needs so that he can meet them, just as he has to communicate his needs to you too.

True talk.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 05, 2013
babseg: Why won't your hubby act like that to you when you talk say u be Obama's babe.

Only God knows who else you are admiring

+ you bringing ur marital problems to nairaland speaks volume of how u lost the home front due to inaction.
How many times have u had a robust engagement wt ur hubby? Nairaland is closer to u than d man u dated for 10yrs b4 marriage.
There is something in ur disposition dat he doesn't like. It might nt be the joblessness or fat cos evry discerning man knows dat only a maiden spirit retains a firm bossom nd stature 4eva.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by k2039: 9:13am On Apr 05, 2013
greatgod2012:
However, i assume you are only assuming, you cant really say what exactly is making him behave the way hes doing until you ask him, what is happening in your marriage is simply known as "communication break-down"

Note of warning...........if he has not started complaing about your weight, do not shed it until you ask him, he might like you the way you are, size 12 isnt much weight, so, do not work on assumption, work on certainty.

Above all, involve God in your marriage, always pray for him,
[size=13pt]I don't know what else to write, I was about to write an epistle before I realised Greatgod2012 has written everything I had on my mind.
I will only buttress some of her points.

In every relationship there are two halves of that relationship. One half is you, and the other half is your partner. Of those halves, you are only responsible for your half, you are not responsible for the other half. There is no way you can be responsible for what is inside him, you can't assume or think for him, unless he tells you himself.

By the way, he stopped complimenting you a year ago, you have been married for two years, your weight didn't happen over night (a year), so the issue might not be your weight (that's a probability though, find out what he wants and make necessary adjustments).

So just sit him down, have a heart to heart discussion with him and you will find out that 'Humans have dramas for everything, even for something so simple and so little. '

I pray God grant you both the courage to love each other unconditionally, and to change your relationships in the most positive and loving way. I pray He helps you to create new channels of communication in your relationships so that you both work as a team for love, for joy, for harmony. AMEN
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by DoffMan2: 9:14am On Apr 05, 2013
I hope you get the answers you are looking for here.

Let me get straight to the point.

You've put on weight, so you've changed. Even though a change from size 8 to 12 is not too drastic, your belly might be way more potruding than it used to be. Also thigh, arms, hips butt etc. Some men would find that a turn off. Leaking bosoms? That's another turn off for some men. The role of your bosoms have changed, what with you popping it out very frequently for baby, and it's difficult to see it as a sexual objec for now.

Other men might be complementing you when DRESSED up, but they don't see the full picture when you are fully unclad! Besides, many men have secret sexual fantasies about their friends wives (even if they are far less attractive then theirs) just for the simple fact that its something different.

Perhaps your just having had a child has made you slightly more needy? A little bit more careless? You've added some weight, so a little bit insecure? All this will certainly change you, and for some men, when there is no sex going on, a lot (fondnes, complements etc) goes missing from the relationship.

I see some people saying if your husband has concerns about your weight that he should discuss it with you? Most men will never! We've learnt the hard way to always tell our wife she looks good or doesn't look fat, IF SHE ASK'S US. We avoid that subject area like the plague!

Let's not go into if your husband is cheating on you or not because a man could be paying complements, saying sweet things and banging you on a daily basis, but still have 5 girlfriends on the go outside!

My advice? Just keep calm and nurse your child. Your stance should be this - I understand what is going on here but my priority here is my child and keeping my family together. Obviously, if an opportunity comes up for you to discuss these issues, then please take it. But it has to be the right non-confrontational one. Once your child has passed the nursing stage, try and get your old size shape back. In the meantime, try and limit the number of times your husband see's you completely naked etc, and try and limit breastfeeding in front of him - let him be seeing the "packaged" product that other men are seeing, as much as possible.

Goto go, work. Bjkg

4 Likes

Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by tessybaby(f): 10:31am On Apr 05, 2013
greatgod2012: @op, every marriage has its ups and downs, so calm down, its a phase, it will soon pass.
However, i assume you are only assuming, you cant really say what exactly is making him behave the way hes doing until you ask him, what is happening in your marriage is simply known as "communication break-down" ...........so, ny dear sister..........initiate communication, if hes not communicating with you, you communicate with him, initiate it, you dont have to wait for him to start talking with you like b4, you start the way you were doing when you were still dating, prepare delicious food and serve your meals together, while eating, open up a topic with him , but dont let it be about money or care of the child, save part of the money he gives you and buy movie ticket for two pple and invite him along, read books and narrate it to him, watch movie and tell him, just make sure you find something to discuss with him,......as you start all these, you will find avenues to ask what you did wrong all along, and dont be too big to beg him, after telling you what is wrong, from there, discuss with how you will like to start doing something to avoid idleness.
I wish you well, your marriage is still young, enjoy it, embrace him, invite him for hot sex, prepare the bed in such a way that he cant just resist you, dress smartly and dont forget to show love to his folks, it goes a long way for men to appreciate.
Above all, involve God in your marriage, always pray for him, d devil might want to deal with him and hes distracting him from what can make him happy, so, pray for his happiness, pray for everything that has to do with him, i will recommend the book....."the power of a praying wife" to you, it will help you to know the areas you will pray for about him.
May God help us all.
Why on earth should she beg her husband. Please let's be realistic when giving advice, we are all human.
OP I would advice you follow CC's advise and if your hubby finally says u did something wrong to make him behave that way, then apologise if you are truely sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by greatgod2012(f): 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
tessybaby:
Why on earth should she beg her husband. Please let's be realistic when giving advice, we are all human.
OP I would advice you follow CC's advise and if your hubby finally says u did something wrong to make him behave that way, then apologise if you are truely sorry.

oh!, my dear, did you read my post well, where in my post did i ask her to beg if her hubby didnt tell her what she did wrong?
Pls, always read posts well b4 attacking, i wouldnt have replied you if you didnt quote me, pls, read all over and modify accordingly. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
Chaircover's post is my favorite post so far. A size 8 to 12 is not too much considering the fact that 12 itself is not fat! It could be due to your finacial situation though, that's a very common problem in marriages, especially young marriages where the working spouse is just recently exposed to the responsibility of caring for other people, like kids, wife. . . You can start a business, or even try and get a higher qualification if you have parents who can support you
(you'll not like to add that to his list of responsibilities).

Also, dialogue is often very effective in situations like this. Sit him down when he's in a light mood and talk to him, even if you feel tears coming, do not hide them, let it all out and give him time to respond. With all the weigth you've added, you can still dress well, look attractive for him and don't always stay glued to the TV,don't turn yourself to a couch potato, it can turn him off as you are not picking any bills.

You can also pray, prayer changeth things, you know. Don't worry about the girls,do the best you can and your man will definitely come around.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
Roland17: Who says Marriage is a bed of roses physically, Financially and emotionally?

You would be fine

I like your post. I truely believe what has changed may not be connected to adding more weight and not having a job. You need to know how men think. A few questions:

1. When did you start noticing this change? Was is immediately after marriage or was it after child birth.
2. Has he complained about anything apart from the weight?
3. How seriously are you job searching? Do you involve him or you are just relaxed about the whole thing.

Like most people have said, try to loose weight but more importantly, try and open effective ways of communicating. I dont want to repeat all that has been said, but I want to add that you cast your mind back and find out when he started to change?

Ask yourself. Have you also changed (apart from physically)? How is your relationship with your in-laws? Try and have a deep and honest reflection and talk to him. Do not necessarily wait for him to tell you what is wrong - he has already complained about your weight.

Try and organise date nights, weekend get aways, let him be ur boyfriend again.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by blessedindeed: 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
Marriage is definitely an institution without expected date of convocation/graduation as u keep living 2gether many different hidden characters keeps showing up. Pls sister never go grovel urself on the ground crying out your eyes out or blaming urself. marriage is meant for two different pple of different weakness and strenght and as such they are expected to compliment each others weakness. u r not a spirit to know what went wrong with his emotions that the marriage of JUST 2yrs is no longer interesting. Anyway try to open up a communication with him to find out his problem but if he refuses to communicate dont bother rather think of what will engage ur mind or time to avoid u being stressed up with negative thoughts, pray fervently for Gods intervention n ur marriage and believe oneday he will retrace his step and know dt ur weight gain not a nig deal as u can loss d weight if u wish to. but ask urself dis question if u sieze to be beautiful to him just because u added a little weight what will be of his action if (God forbid) any terminal or accident shows up on you.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by ednut1(m): 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
society pressures us to marry, when d chips r down society will nt save u, i will never get married because it is jst repetitive bushhhiit, op abeg worry nt such is life.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by afrobaby(f): 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2013
I must confess that many posts here supports the stupi.d saying that its a men's world, for heaven sake, it takes two to tangle. Many ladies do not like pot-bellied guys but believe you me, most guys,after marriage, they develop suddenly artificial pregnancy, and what do women do, we tell them politely and humbly we dont like it, other people tell them it is a sign their wife is taking care of them, if its a weight thing or a job thing, I must confess I am highly disappointed in the man. Every single thing in marriage, either good or bad, should be treated together

@op patience is all it takes to be in marriage,
obama'sbabe:

All the love and affection he once had for me he has transfered to our daughter.
enjoy every moment with your daughter too, they grow really very fast! Continue loving your husband, I know it is hard but please try make it work out for the love you both shared, and for your daughter. Continu being the good wife, do not deny him of anything, irrespective of your new weight, always dress sexy and beautiful, smell nice always, as pr the job, try get something doing, so you make yourelf relevant more at home, make him see you as an independent woman and above all, pray to God to make your husband see the light cause I tell you there are many vultures(DESPERATE single ladies or mamas) who would do anything to snatch your husband. It is well

@acidtalk, I want to believe you wont do the same if you are in the hubby's position
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by tessybaby(f): 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2013
tessybaby:

Sorry ma, it's not in my nature to attack people, talkless of those I don't know.
Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by k4kenny(f): 6:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
The first couple of years in a marriage is usually fun, rosy and warm, just like the summer. Then baby makes 3 and responsibility sets in and priorities change. This sometimes makes the marriage cold and dull just like the winter. Every marriage goes through this phase in one way or another. This is a period of understanding between the couple.
Op hang in there, use this opportunity to understand your spouse better, let him know you're unhappy at the recent turn of events. The winter period is not permanent, after winter must come spring where everything is bright and colourful once again.
Your marriage is not failing, this is just a phase marriages goes through. Don't lose hope, the joint love you both feel for your baby to get closer to him. Above all, let there be communication between you two. This too shall pass smiley.

1 Like

Re: Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
It beats me how women do ALL the work in a marriage. Honestly women that go out of their way to please selfish men must be Angels. May God bless them!

@ Poster
Were you not jobless BEFORE he married you?
Are you just sitting at home eating and doing nothing to get a job?
Did he marry a model with a certified figure 8 for life?
Is he weighing the exact weight as as time of marriage?

My dear stop killing yourself for NOTHING. Your man will keep behaving that way as long as he sees how much it bothers you. Biko try and ignore him o jare, he is not God!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

[Updated]Legal Way To Deal With A Family Member Who Plans To Disrupt A Burial? / White Cougars Are Seriously Invading Nigeria!!! / My First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.