Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Security Measures For A White Friend Visiting Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Security Measures For A White Friend Visiting Nigeria (788 Views)

Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria / Advice For Visiting Nigeria After 15 Years / Visiting Nigeria With Us Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Measures For A White Friend Visiting Nigeria by JayCee2010: 11:57pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hi guys, I need serious advice

A friend and colleague of mine has planned a short trip ( less than a week ) to Lagos. This person is white and it goes without saying that there are certain risks to be considered.

Its not like one of those big shot expartriates with diplomatic license plates and tinted windows with body guards; this is just a regular foreign visitor whom I will be hosting on the Island in lagos at my home.

I'm worried about the safety of this person who insists on visiting the 'Almighty Nigeria' and I need serious advice on how to ensure safety especially when going out to town.

PS: I don't know if I need to hire private security (maybe that will be too much), but lagos is becoming increasingly unsafe.

Need Advice. Thanks in advance.
Re: Security Measures For A White Friend Visiting Nigeria by JeSoul(f): 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
Hi JayCee,
I think this topic will be better addressed in the Travel section. More people that can give you appropriate advice will be there. Moved.
Re: Security Measures For A White Friend Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
You guys should be yourself. No need to attract attention to your self with all the security ish...

If possible, after picking him up from the airport, go about your normal duty...walk if need be, in case of severe holdup.

Limit every other things that will draw attention to you and your oyigbo,that includes

Dressing
Money/ business conversation

Infact let him wear bathroom slippers like all those Indians and Chinese in computer village, et voila! cheesy your problem is solved
Re: Security Measures For A White Friend Visiting Nigeria by otokx(m): 9:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
just live your normal life
Re: Security Measures For A White Friend Visiting Nigeria by julioralph(m): 10:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
well, don't show off in public!(I mean displaying your wealth and all that)
and don't go clubbing... too much
Re: Security Measures For A White Friend Visiting Nigeria by JayCee2010: 9:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
To all the rest, 'better people' -thanks so much for your contributions. God Bless.
Re: Security Measures For A White Friend Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2013
Gone were the days when I used to go around the Island and other parts of Lagos with a white friend in a Taxi cab without fear of being kidnapped. He would dress regularly in knickers and shirts and would bike across the Island, hitch hiking in the hot Sun. Damn! Gone are the days when pretty AISEC'ers would throng around Yaba at night, drinking and just having fun. Gone are the days!

(1) (Reply)

Travel Route From Lagos To London / Travelling For A 2years Masters Program With A Valid 1year Nigerian E-passport / #breaking News Plane Crash..a German Wings Airbus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.