Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Customer Service In A Nigerian Business - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customer Service In A Nigerian Business (9293 Views)

[Satire] The Nigerian Business Partner / CAC To Publish Nigerian Business Records Online / Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customer Service In A Nigerian Business by bebe2007(m): 12:47pm On May 04, 2007
What good is customer service if it cannot be good service? Its meant to be done politely. whether its fake as some people have rightly said or not. Even if its done without the smiles smiley smileywho cares!!! just be polite, no attitude. I personally will not patronize a business with bad customer service. I am always looking out for that when i go places. Guys! please forget about the business centres in naija, resturants and all that, theirs has become a way of life. I think its a complex problem. They feel people are looking down on them for doing such jobs so their beign rude is a defensive measure. Funny rite! but some people really do look down at them but to me its not an excuse. Your job is your job be proud, provided its legal. Look at our Banking halls in naija people!!!!!! with all the so called educated people they have there. That i cannot excuse. Am always shocked to see graduates acting as customer service personnel yet behaving like they are selling pepper and tomatoes in the market. They are rude as hell, not friendly, arrogant etc especially the babes. Dont get me wrong girls! am a babe myself but we just have to call a spade a spade. I gave it to a banker once at GTB. Bankers are always nice to customers with big accounts while the poor ones are left hanging. When a rich guy walks into the bank you will see all of them greeting him from every angle but just notice when an average person like me walks in ( i refuse to use the word poor cuz they are not better off) the music will change. "Banking in Nigeria is getting better" thats all we hear in the news, what about their ATTITUDE? i guess thats anorther topic for another day. Cheers.
Re: Customer Service In A Nigerian Business by coolskeelz(m): 2:46am On May 08, 2007
I just wanted to post my current ordeal with Glo customer service before i stumble on this ongoing discourse.i feel very bad the way companies especailly  in  telecoms and the banks handle customers.
imagine this,i bought a #500 naira Glo recharge card to make a call last two weeks,in the process of scratching out the foil 2 reveal the pin,i over scratched it .there and then i knew i have entered wahala with these telecoms people.i had to start calling 121 and after about 400 trials or more i finally got someone whom i explained everything to and the guy just said i should visit any Glo office near me because he has no power or its out of his reach to give me the over sratched numbers since the numbers missing out were the last 4 numbers from the right.that he only has access to the first 9 digits from my left or so,even with the batch number and serial number i couldnt get help from him,
i was embittered by this and had to visit their Toyin street office in ikeja lagos when it was convenient for me,there they collected the data and told me that it will reflect in my account in the NEXT 2 WEEKS.I was more confused than being annoyed,i was disappointed totally on how they handled this and i know this is what millions of people go through in their hands everyday.

uptil now as am writting,nothing has reflected in my account and its over one week now,am still waiting .Is this how to treat a customer?what if i don't live where i can get a Glo office like in the villages,i still feel bad.i have since started using another network.

Cant GLO learn how to make scratch cards like MULTILINKS.I have been using MULTILINKS CARD and have not heard any problem,anyway i don't blame them,na me find their wahaha sad
Re: Customer Service In A Nigerian Business by bufflevy: 5:00pm On May 21, 2007
bebe 2007 are you online want to ask u something
Re: Customer Service In A Nigerian Business by fleur: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2011
Kolyronky money transfer Romford London

I would just like to express my disgust for this company. They are rude and ineffcient and the owner or what ever he calls him self is a total waste of space. I have used this company for the past year to recieve money form Nigeria here in the UK and the service is so crap. It takes them for ever to pay the money into your account sometimes even a day or two after the funds have been paid into their nigerian Skye bank account the sloppy service gives you notthing but excuses and attitude when you express discontent for such a sloppy service.

I am only using this service as I dont know how else to receive money from nigeria, in the uk without going through the bank route. I expressed my anger at the rubbish service and the idoit called had the cheek to call me rude, well if you didnt fit in with the typical nigerian lack of business and promptness stereo type maybe I would not need to complain.

I would advise any one considering using this useless service not to cos he is running a joke of a so called 'tranfer business.

If any one knows of any more efficient and reliable way to recieve money in the UK from Nigeria please do let me know cos i refuse to send my money through a crap service who insults you on top.
Re: Customer Service In A Nigerian Business by mbulela: 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2011
Re: Customer Service In A Nigerian Business by cbravo(m): 7:50am On Feb 16, 2018
The performance of banks in Nigeria has been viewed by many from different perceptivity. Assets quality and managerial efficiency have been seen by many as determinants of bank performance, while a reasonable percentage of identified capital adequacy, as critical for bank performance. Other factors have also been seen as determinants of banks performance like bank liquidity volume of loan portfolio.

bravoprojecthelp quality project material on marketing.Click on the link bellow to view the complete work

Service Quality -A Catalyst For Creating Customer Patronage For Bank Services

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business / If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don’t Go To School / Jonathan To Inaugurate 40MW Kashimbila Dam In February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.