Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Medical Tourism In India - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Tourism In India (741 Views)

Medical Tourism In India / Nigeria As A Medical Tourism Destination? What's Next Mars? / Nigerians Spend 250bn On Medical Tourism Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Medical Tourism In India by morulaa: 6:25am On Apr 05, 2013
Hello all,

You have probably heard of a LOT of Medical tourism companies/ individuals trying to promote medical tourism in India. India get at least 5000 Nigerians a year for medical treatments. There are thousands of Medical tourism companies in India and I wondered how a patient would choose a Medical tourism company in India by just looking at the website. What if they make false promises?

I live in southern part of India and I happened to listen to a few stories from doctors (Nigeria) and patients who have come to India for treatment. I happened to visit one of the big chain hospitals in India and as I was waiting I saw a few Africans in the hospital. I personally had some friends in Africa and thus I was interested in talking to them. But only after talking to them did I realize their need for help. Even finding proper food and accommodation was very difficult and it would have been very easy for them if they had some one with them to assist them in the hospital procedures (how would they know how an Indian hospital works?). I gave them a few suggestions and thought about the stress that they should be undergoing. They already have the anxiety of medical treatments combined with the feeling of left alone in India.

We re looking at a way to change this. If anyone who has been to India or heard of someone who had a tough time in India, please let us know. We want to change this. After all you came to India for medical care and we want to be assured that you are properly taken care of. I had experienced immense hospitality with a few of my African friends and its time to pay back the same to those who choose India for their treatments.

(1) (Reply)

Benylin; The Nigerian Youth Addiction / When HIV Test Is Delayed / Infidelity Causes Infertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.