Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,922 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

The-netflix-of-nigeria - Iroko TV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The-netflix-of-nigeria - Iroko TV (1817 Views)

Jason Njoku On ‘Netflix In Nigeria’:”Iroko Changed Nollywood In 3 Years" / Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers / Gafar Williams' Dobox Is Africa's Netflix And Not Iroko TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The-netflix-of-nigeria - Iroko TV by elderly: 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
He was just a poor kid from London, but Jason Njoku has master­minded the African equivalent of Netflix.

Four years ago, Jason Njoku sat down with his old friend Bastian Gotter and told him about an investment opportunity in Nigeria, a precious resource that was sitting there, just waiting to be exploited: movies. Despite their crude quality and cruder distribution system, Nigerian films are wildly popular in Africa, yet they are dirt cheap to acquire and distribute. Njoku proposed buying the rights and streaming the films online. He only needed some money to get started. "I was thinking, This sounds like one of those emails," Gotter says--the kind from a princeling who promises you easy riches as soon as you give him your bank account number.

Read more

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/174/the-netflix-of-nigeria
Re: The-netflix-of-nigeria - Iroko TV by billyelliott80: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2013
I am addicted to American TV shows and when I moved to Nigeria, I continued, watching hulu in Nigeria for all my favorites, thanks to streaming VPN.
Re: The-netflix-of-nigeria - Iroko TV by nirma1230: 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
watch online news channels, read english and urdu news http://www.enews.pk/
Re: The-netflix-of-nigeria - Iroko TV by etcnews: 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
Pakistan Talk shows list, international, technology, sports, showbiz, business and Insurance, Live News feed, Breaking News, Political Discussion, Forum, Pakistani Scandals.

(1) (Reply)

The Annoying Truth About Nigerian TV Commercials / Download OMO ALE (bastard) Latest Nollywood Yoruba Movie 2015 / Wicked Ghanaian Man Post His Sex Video Online (watch Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.