Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:52 PM

One Small Question For Anti-catholics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Small Question For Anti-catholics (4733 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Small Question For Anti-catholics by tobechi20(m): 11:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
IF I KNEEL IN FRONT OF MY BED WITH MY HEAD LOWERED and pray, DOES IT MEAN THAT

i am worshiping my bed?

i am praying to my bed?

Answers plz
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by ayobase(m): 11:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
cry
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by rotas: 12:10am On Apr 06, 2013
U hv been decieved.d religion wl give u 666 and lead u to hell.if u know d ground u ar threading u wl run from catholism.catholic is an occultic religion:jesuit,knights ...ur jesuit pope wl soon teach u lesson.rev 18:4 plague is coming on roman catholics.
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by tobechi20(m): 12:19am On Apr 06, 2013
rotas: U hv been decieved.d religion wl give u 666 and lead u to hell.if u know d ground u ar threading u wl run from catholism.catholic is an occultic religion:jesuit,knights ...ur jesuit pope wl soon teach u lesson.rev 18:4 plague is coming on roman catholics.
thks 4 d lecture, but can u plz answer d question
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by Pygru: 12:25am On Apr 06, 2013
sad
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by alexleo(m): 1:09am On Apr 06, 2013
tobechi20: IF I KNEEL IN FRONT OF MY BED WITH MY HEAD LOWERED and pray, DOES IT MEAN THAT

i am worshiping my bed?

i am praying to my bed?

Answers plz

My friend you sound so desperate and ridiculous. Whats the purpose of kneeling beside your bed to pray and kneeling before a status? One has to do with just positioning yourself or leaning on the bed for prayer while the other has to do with worshiping an image in the name of worshiping God. Pls save yourself the ridicule sir. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by ijawkid(m): 6:21am On Apr 06, 2013
alexleo:

My friend you sound so desperate and ridiculous. Whats the purpose of kneeling beside your bed to pray and kneeling before a status? One has to do with just positioning yourself or leaning on the bed for prayer while the other has to do with worshiping an image in the name of worshiping God. Pls save yourself the ridicule sir. Thanks.

Tobechi is so desperate to support his idolatrou§ stance......

It is like asking if Jesus worshipped what ever was around(grasses,tress etc) him when he went away from his disciples to pray to his Father.......

How does one who lies down on his bed to pray before a good night rest com¶are with one who walks up to the deaÐ graven image of mary,bowing Ðown to it and saying the hail mary........

TOBECHI yÓu shoÙld go hide your head in shame...angry.......
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by italo: 7:34am On Apr 06, 2013
alexleo:

If a man kneels before his bed, bows his head and prays, how can you tell that he is not worshiping his bed?
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by italo: 7:36am On Apr 06, 2013
ijawkid:
How does one who lies down on his bed to pray before a good night rest com¶are with one who walks up to the deaÐ graven image of mary,bowing Ðown to it and saying the hail mary........

How can you tell that the person is not worshiping his bed?
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by ijawkid(m): 8:07am On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

How can you tell that the person is not worshiping his bed?

hehehe....desperate men....how can you tell if Jesus was not worshipping the grasses around him ?....

your examples are completely stale.....throw away that rosary and that little shrine of Mary u have in your house... smiley
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by amanda2013(f): 8:17am On Apr 06, 2013
everyday catholic this catholic that na wao. If some of ths anti catholics are God i bet u no catholic wil enter heaven bt i thank my GOD that they are nt God. Weda catholic or not the holy book has said it all if u are nt holy and righteous u will nt see God. CHURCH CN NEVA LEAD U TO HEAVEN.

2 Likes

Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by amanda2013(f): 8:22am On Apr 06, 2013
i believe in the holy roman catholic church.

6 Likes

Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by italo: 8:28am On Apr 06, 2013
ijawkid:

hehehe....desperate men....how can you tell if Jesus was not worshipping the grasses around him ?....

Because Jesus made us know that he was praying to the Father.

Now how can you tell that the person is not worshiping his bed?

It is just a simple question seeking a simple honest answer. Do not be scared.
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by ijawkid(m): 8:50am On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

Because Jesus made us know that he was praying to the Father.

It is just a simple question seeking a simple honest answer. Do not be scared.

hehehe .....wayo boy....did Jesus use graven images in worship'? did he pray with prayer beads...?....you guys walk up to images to pray and you are here dribbling yourself
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 06, 2013
Tobechi, d answer to ur question is no. Next!
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by italo: 10:02am On Apr 06, 2013
ijawkid:

hehehe .....wayo boy....did Jesus use graven images in worship'? did he pray with prayer beads...?....you guys walk up to images to pray and you are here dribbling yourself

You havent answered my question even though I have answered yours which you asked after I asked you mine.

Why are you scared to give an honest Christian answer to this question.

@ Tobechi, are you seeing what I told you about asking them questions in the other thread?

The ones that answer honestly become Catholic, the rest refuse to answer even the most simple question honestly.
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 06, 2013
Italo, I answered. U no c am?
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by italo: 10:48am On Apr 06, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Italo, I answered. U no c am?

Why do you say "no," one who kneels, bows and prays before his bed is not worshiping it?

How do you know that?
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by ijawkid(m): 11:34am On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

You havent answered my question even though I have answered yours which you asked after I asked you mine.

Why are you scared to give an honest Christian answer to this question.

@ Tobechi, are you seeing what I told you about asking them questions in the other thread?

The ones that answer honestly become Catholic, the rest refuse to answer even the most simple question honestly.

oya tell me how you know you are praying to the Father just as JESUS did?...the scriptures do have d words of Jesus' prayer....Jesus prayed directly to the Father .....we know how u guys pray...the last time iI checked the hail Mary mantra was part of your devotionals..and you never do that without the accompaniment of graven images,the rosary and also the cross or what ever idols you have around....

when you start praying like Jesus iI will know....for now you are no different from a Buddhist...
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by amanda2013(f): 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
ijawkid:

oya tell me how you know you are praying to the Father just as JESUS did?...the scriptures do have d words of Jesus' prayer....Jesus prayed directly to the Father .....we know how u guys pray...the last time iI checked the hail Mary mantra was part of your devotionals..and you never do that without the accompaniment of graven images,the rosary and also the cross or what ever idols you have around....

when you start praying like Jesus iI will know....for now you are no different from a Buddhist...
hehehehehe d same goes for u bro u are nt different 4rm boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by italo: 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
ijawkid:

I see no reason why you are scared to answer the simple question I asked, honestly.

I know that you are a hypocrite but I didnt know it was this bad.

How can you tell that the person kneeling and bowing before his bed and praying is not worshiping the bed?
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 06, 2013
@italo
I said no because the person is using d bed as support. He/she might as well be seated or even lying down.
In d op's example the bed serves as a rest to pray.
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by ijawkid(m): 1:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

I see no reason why you are scared to answer the simple question I asked, honestly.

I know that you are a hypocrite but I didnt know it was this bad.

How can you tell that the person kneeling and bowing before his bed and praying is not worshiping the bed?

you are deluded for asking jejune questions...asking me to tell you if one who is resting on his bed is really praying to the Father..angry....

is your carved God forsaking Mary image your bed you lie on?.....

or do we wear our beds on our neck,hang them in our places of worship....

you are no different from a Buddhist bro....
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by ijawkid(m): 1:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
amanda2013: hehehehehe d same goes for u bro u are nt different 4rm boko haram.
have u ever in your life prayed without reciting the hail Mary ?...the actual truth is u do not pray to the Father...you pray to a goddess.....

iI want u to tell me if your prayers sound alike that of Jesus...

1 Like

Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
Op I must add, dt posture that is adopted in prayer doesn't tell anything abt d content of ur prayer. If u adopt dt posture & u r addressing ur prayer to d bed, then u r praying to d bed. When u make it d object of ur worship & affection then u r worshipping d bed
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by italo: 2:27pm On Apr 06, 2013
ijawkid:

you are deluded for asking jejune questions...asking me to tell you if one who is resting on his bed is really praying to the Father..angry....

is your carved God forsaking Mary image your bed you lie on?.....

or do we wear our beds on our neck,hang them in our places of worship....

you are no different from a Buddhist bro....

My question is "how can you tell that the person is not worshiping the bed?"
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by italo: 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2013
ijawkid: have u ever in your life prayed without reciting the hail Mary ?...the actual truth is u do not pray to the Father...you pray to a goddess.....

iI want u to tell me if your prayers sound alike that of Jesus...

How can you tell who amanda2013 prays to?

Are you God who can enter the human mind and read it?
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by italo: 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Op I must add, dt posture that is adopted in prayer doesn't tell anything abt d content of ur prayer. If u adopt dt posture & u r addressing ur prayer to d bed, then u r praying to d bed. When u make it d object of ur worship & affection then u r worshipping d bed

So it is who you are addressing your prayer to that you worship, right thank you.

If I stand in front of a Pastor and ask him to pray for me to Jesus, who am i worshiping?

If I stand in my room and ask Mary to pray for me to Jesus, who am I worshiping?

If I stand in front of a Marian statue and ask Mary to pray for me to Jesus, who am I worshiping?

1 Like

Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by ijawkid(m): 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

How can you tell who amanda2013 prays to?

Are you God who can enter the human mind and read it?

Hehehe..you and amanda recites the hail mary day in day out......which God do you think would accept that kind of prayer??....the Father of Jesus??.....smh!!!!......

We have eyes and ears ....so we see and hear who you guys pray to.......we aint kids you know.....grin
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by ijawkid(m): 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
italo:

My question is "how can you tell that the person is not worshiping the bed?"

Because the bed is where the person sleeps...angry..........

Beds are made for sleeping and not relics or objects of devotion...

I can't believe you are asking this mumu foolish questions......

I have asked you to compare your pattern of prayer to that of Jesus,...that simple experiment would show who you are really worshipping or praying to..........

Can you just do that??
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
Italo
U r a professed christian right? U knw wht dt means? It literally means christ-like. Dt means in words actions & deeds u should behave like Jesus Christ.
Dt established, hw did Jesus teach to pray & how did he pray? When he was asked he said pray in this manner: Our Father who art in heaven... Did u c dat? Who was d prayer addresed to?
Elsewhere he said whtever u ask d Father in my name...
Do a careful study & validate this 4 urself. Evn after he left, his disciples continued in dt fashion. Pls check all d epistles & c 4 urself.
Where on earth did u get d notion to pray through Jesus, to Jesus, through Mary, statues or even dead people? Fyi u cannot ask a Pastor to pray to Jesus 4 u. It is an insult to d new way established by d death, burial & resurrection of Jesus.
U nid 2 awake 2 d Fatherhood of God & learn to pray to God d Father in d name of Jesus. Dt is d established pattern for d heirs of salvation.

1 Like

Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by tobechi20(m): 4:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
I HAVE BIN WATCHING THIS THREAD 4 SOM TIME NOW .i purposely didnt want to coment until nw.

OBSERVATION

out of over ten coments', only one gave an answer, the rest either criticizd the question or condemnd the op(me) or even gave unrelated reply castigatin the entire catholicsm.

Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Has Your Faith In God Or Religion Ever Been Seriously Challenged? / Atheists, What Will It Feel Like If Heaven And Hell Actually Exists? / Without righteouness and purity you cannot enter heaven.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.