Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 (20687 Views)

Real Madrid V Dortmund - UCL (2 - 0) On 30th April 2013 / UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 / Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd Of April 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by mukina2: 1:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
With a 15-point gap between the top two, Manchester’s second derby of the season has lost some of the intrigue that it would normally expect. The title race is all but over; even a City win is unlikely to spark a United capitulation. Beyond northern pride, this game will have little impact on the season.

United have fallen below their high standards across all fronts this season as they were knocked out of the FA Cup, Capital One Cup and were beaten by Real Madrid in the Champions League, but with seven games left they are in full control of reclaiming their title from the blue half of Manchester.

A 3-2 win back in December is where the title race may have changed, as Robin van Persie’s stoppage time winner evaded Joe Hart and put United six points clear. They have never really looked back and their 25 wins from their 30 games is unprecedented in the Premier League era.

City, meanwhile, have the FA Cup to play for but little else. With the sale of Mario Balotelli leaving them short up front in January, the champions have looked sluggish since the turn of the year and their away form has seen them drop valuable points at QPR, Southampton and Everton. Too often their big-name players have not stood up to be counted and, as the club’s hierarchy comes to terms with the loss of their title, it will be interesting to see how many are there at the start of the next campaign. Although at least Yaya Toure has committed himself.

Manager Roberto Mancini, too, has been subject of constant speculation over his future, and his recent criticism of the likes of Samir Nasri and Vincent Kompany has added more fuel to the fire. A morale-boosting win over United would get the fans back on his side but, ultimately, it would be too little, too late.

Manchester United player to watch: Nemanja Vidic. If Vidic had been fit throughout the whole season, who knows what United could have achieved. As it was, they have done pretty well without their talismanic Serb in the Premier League - racking up 77 points from their 30 games. Still, the stats have revealed that Vidic has the highest win percentage of any United player who has made more than 60 appearances for the Old Trafford outfit. At around 72%, Vidic is not accustomed to the taste of defeat and his grit and determination to fight for the cause

Man City player to watch: Samir Nasri. Criticised by Mancini for his efforts in training and his inconsistency on the pitch, Nasri took the unusual step of hitting back at his manager, claiming his failure to get his point across in correct English had caused the press to overreact. What is certain is that the Frenchman has underperformed this season, by his own high standards. Able to control a game, Nasri put in a fine performance against Newcastle to prove that he is capable of firing on all cylinders. City, and Mancini, will expect the same at Old Trafford.

Key Battle: Robin van Persie v Vincent Kompany: With Wayne Rooney coming back to full fitness, the Dutchman’s role takes on even more importance. The £24 million signing’s goals have virtually won the title for United, but he has struggled of late and although Fergie claimed that he might be suffering from the “intensity” of the season, he won’t be getting a rest anytime soon. Class is permanent though and Van Persie will need to be marshalled carefully by City’s captain if the away side are to stay afloat. Like Vidic, the Belgian has also been hit with injuries this season and it was noticeable how much more fluid City played when he returned against Newcastle. These two are arguably two of the best in their positions in the league and their tussle will be intriguing to watch.

Trivia: For the previous five clashes which have resulted in a winner in the first game, the second game was won by the same team. The only time the honours were shared in a Premier League season was in 2003-04.

Stats: Since Cristiano Ronaldo left United, the Red Devils have won regularly against the rest of the big six, with 15 wins out of 17. Against the same big teams, City's away record since the 6-1 win at Old Trafford in October 2011 has seen then win only once in six visits.

http://espnfc.com/uk/en/preview/345579/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=5739

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by chelseabmw(m): 11:16am On Apr 07, 2013
I dont really have anything to say here.....I just want my darling chelsea to qualify for next season's champions league......a draw will be okay for both teams.....I love my chelsea kiss kiss
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by 1025: 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2013
no matter how many points man u has in the league, nobody respects them for that because we have the records of all their fraudulent activities that kept them there. why won't they be there when all they do is use howard webb and mark clattenberg to rob other teams? give wigan half the favours manu gets and they will win the epl.
look at champions league and capital one or even the recent fa cup tie where both refs were not involved, man u were peacefully dumped out.
look at the position of chelsea yet man u have one won them one in three meetings this season even the devil shouted over the most obvious fraud in football where two red cards and an offside goal were the surviving grace for the best team in the world.
epl is a shame because such a low performing team can't win an organised tournament.
i am happy to be a chelsea fan because we win and loose honourably. i can always dance azonto when i remember that we sent them home in capital one cup and fa cup.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by herkeym001(m): 12:38pm On Apr 07, 2013
We go surely win man shitty and burn them to ashes. Up Manchester United.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by 1025: 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2013
who is the ref for the game? ARSENAL INVEST ON LITTLE CHILDREN, CHELSEA AND MAN CITY INVEST ON ALREADY MADE PLAYERS WHILE MAN U INVEST ON REFS.
i ask again, WHO IS THE REF FOR THIS GAME?
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by IYANGBALI: 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2013
1025: who is the ref for the game? ARSENAL INVEST ON LITTLE CHILDREN, CHELSEA AND MAN CITY INVEST ON ALREADY MADE PLAYERS WHILE MAN U INVEST ON REFS.
you have started smoking that thing again right?i pity you.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by IYANGBALI: 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2013
1025: no matter how many points man u has in the league, nobody respects them for that because we have the records of all their fraudulent activities that kept them there. why won't they be there when all they do is use howard webb and mark clattenberg to rob other teams? give wigan half the favours manu gets and they will win the epl.
look at champions league and capital one or even the recent fa cup tie where both refs were not involved, man u were peacefully dumped out.
look at the position of chelsea yet man u have one won them one in three meetings this season even the devil shouted over the most obvious fraud in football where two red cards and an offside goal were the surviving grace for the best team in the world.
epl is a shame because such a low performing team can't win an organised tournament.
i am happy to be a chelsea fan because we win and loose honourably. i can always dance azonto when i remember that we sent them home in capital one cup and fa cup.
lamentation of a loser

9 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by 1025: 12:15am On Apr 08, 2013
tell me the ref and i will tell u the winner.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by herkeym001(m): 2:50am On Apr 08, 2013
1025: tell me the ref and i will tell u the winner.
its Mr Nwanchukwu Ameachi, your Dad's friend.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by oyakhi(m): 11:33am On Apr 08, 2013
let bet on them and make money

How To Order A UK Used Blackberry Phone
For As Low As $15.99 Each
visit http://importationinfo./
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by Odunharry(m): 11:49am On Apr 08, 2013
ggmu....if u think utd wl take d 3points like this post

4 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by Odunharry(m): 11:50am On Apr 08, 2013
if u think city wl take up all 3point like this post.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by Odunharry(m): 11:50am On Apr 08, 2013
and if u think both team will take a point each(draw)u can like this post.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by Odunharry(m): 11:53am On Apr 08, 2013
go beat those silly shitty 4 me utd..
They r ur younga broda,infact d last born.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by DidiLove1: 11:55am On Apr 08, 2013
1025: no matter how many points man u has in the league, nobody respects them for that because we have the records of all their fraudulent activities that kept them there. why won't they be there when all they do is use howard webb and mark clattenberg to rob other teams? give wigan half the favours manu gets and they will win the epl.

Please provide evidence of the fraudlent activities you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 08, 2013
Victory for united is sure! God's with us! GGMU!
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by jimcaddy(m): 12:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
Some Chelsea fans think with their brains up their a.ss. So because you knocked us out of the Captial One cup and the FA Cup means you are better than Man United abi?? I can bet my life savings that this same Man City would keep beating you black and 'blue' in the FA Cup on Sunday. No be your fault na, na Bad luck Robben dash una Champions League last season na.
Una no dey shame, una dey struggle with Tottenham and Arsenal for top four..
I hate Chelsea and their loud mouthed 'agbero' fans..
Freaking okada riders..

Man United will be and ever remain better than your sh.itty team

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by RiKKies: 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2013
United rules Manchester.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by misterh(m): 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
Oya clap for yourself. After this epistle, you are still your old self! No one respects Man Utd and we just got a deal worth more than a million pounds to rename our training ground, it's also rumoured that we have a deal with Nike worth a billion pounds, yet no one respects us. Please go and sleep. We are currently the best team in England and there is nothing you can do about it. Deal with it, man.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by AkpuNku2: 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2013

U are useless and a dirty pig

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by Evestar200(f): 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
Go dere,,get more points nd become champions,,GGMU
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by jimcaddy(m): 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
Didi Love:

no mind the bad belle okada rider jor.. Each time they lose, they say its ojoro.. Like as if they are better than Man United. Why do you think Mr Abramovic keeps sacking coaches.. Just to compete with Man Utd.. All because he wants to dethrone United which is never going to happen.. Sir Alex has build a 27-year dynasty at Old Trafford, and one money-miss-road can come from no where to spoil it just because he feels he has money. Lai lai its not going to happen. United all the way!!
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by akinshivic(m): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
No matter what, Manchester United will be in total control ,dominate and win the game in stylish way......UNITED for Life !
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by timbros(m): 12:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
Full time:

Man Utd 2-3 Man City

smiley smiley tongue
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by IYANGBALI: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
Didi Love:

abeg ignore that shekpe club fan,na bad belle dey worry amb,no give amb attention again so that he no go dey relevant for this thread
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by julioralph(m): 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2013
1025: who is the ref for the game? ARSENAL INVEST ON LITTLE CHILDREN, CHELSEA AND MAN CITY INVEST ON ALREADY MADE PLAYERS WHILE MAN U INVEST ON REFS.
dot on the spot!
As long as 'PDP UNITED' are at home, There's no power in England that'll make Man City win tonight.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by kekakuz(m): 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2013

Who is this fool so it was web tha ref all Τ̲̅ђέ matches manu played a looser will always have somethin to complain about ode
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by hotwax: 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
kekakuz:

Who is this fool so it was web tha ref all Τ̲̅ђέ matches manu played a looser will always have somethin to complain about ode
Chelsea has not lost anything yet. Its true they were cheated by MU Ref. But the season is still lively for Chelsea.

What did your man U win when Chelsea won double last season? NOTHING.

Stop making noise on this controversial referee arranged EPL cup
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by 175(m): 12:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
I predict a win for Man UTD. 3 - 2
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by misterh(m): 1:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
hotwax:
Chelsea has not lost anything yet. Its true they were cheated by MU Ref. But the season is still lively for Chelsea.

What did your man U win when Chelsea won double last season? NOTHING.

Stop making noise on this controversial referee arranged EPL cup
How was Chelsea cheated? Prove to me that Man Utd bribe referees. Give me facts and not fallacies pls. It's a known fact that refs in England are not so good. Why blame a club for that? you mean to tell me tha the 19 times Man Utd have won the league, they bribed the refs? Admit it, Man Utd is the best in England. We may not be playing the best of football but we always grind out result, which is the hallmark of champions. What we lack in the midfield, we compensate for in attack.
Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 8th April 2013 by dopeJemi: 1:09pm On Apr 08, 2013

U r a fooL and its ur jeaLousy, hatred and stupidity dat wilL kilL u, u've bin hating on united since God knows when and u keep on saying d same thing over and over again and u r d onLy fooLish cheLsea fan dats stilL saying we use d refs 2get 2 d top

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (3 - 0) On 3rd December 2014 / Man City Ends Chelsea Unbeaten Starts In Impressive Display. / Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Chelsea (0 - 4) On 20th January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.