Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities (19750 Views)

5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy / Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? / Super Human Abilities You Will Love To Possess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by dangiwa09(m): 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
Sadly, Ben Underwood is no more with us, he's gone to a better place.

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2009/01/28/Blind_teenager_Ben_Underwood_(16)_died_after_a_long_battle_with_cancer
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Tspeck: 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
[quote author=2 million] can anything gud come outta nigeria?
you must be outta ya mind for that negative statement. Mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by vizboy(m): 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
Hmmmmmmm
signing -> come and see american wonder
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Regiblinkz(m): 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
The first guy is EPIC
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Meddler(f): 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
I watched the first two individuals on a Discovery documentary and was completely blown away. The Brit with the amazing brain was given Icelandic which was said was the hardest language to learn because of the pronunciation of words. It would take a non-icelandic a better part of his life to master the language and the guy was conversant in a matter of days.

Then the blind kid with the unique ability to see. Now that's amazing.
They say that human use only 10% of their brain in their lifetime. Imagine how many percentage these guys have tapped into? 15 - 20%?

There's this other show hosted by Stan Lee also deals with real life super heroes. Amazing stuff that just makes you wonder what if all these comic created heroes actually exist in real life.
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by yuzedo: 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
HALT! Why are my name and my 18inches BADONKEY (World Record) not on this list?? angry angry angry
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
Dominiquez: Mister Eat-it-All (Michel Lotito)

Michel Lotito (born 1950) is a French entertainer, famous as the consumer of undigestables, and is known as Monsieur Mangetout (Mister Eat-it-all). Lotito's performances are the consumption of metal, glass, rubber and so on in items such as bicycles, televisions, a Cessna 150, and smaller items which are disassembled, cut-up and swallowed. The aircraft took roughly two years to be 'eaten' from 1978 to 1980. He began eating unusual material while a child and has been performing publicly since 1966. Lotito does not often suffer from ill-effects due to his diet, even after the consumption of materials usually considered poisonous. When performing he consumes around a kilogram of material daily, preceding it with mineral oil and drinking considerable quantities of water during the 'meal'. He apparently possesses a stomach and intestine with walls of twice the expected thickness, and his digestive acids are, allegedly, unusually powerful, allowing him to digest a certain portion of his metallic meals.
hmmmm I think Nigerian army needs this guy. He can starts eatin those bombs in Northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Meddler(f): 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2013
dangiwa09: Sadly, Ben Underwood is no more with us, he's gone to a better place.

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2009/01/28/Blind_teenager_Ben_Underwood_(16)_died_after_a_long_battle_with_cancer

Oh Wow!!!!! May his soul RIP!
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Jerryjat(m): 2:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
wow... nice....
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by optimusprime2(m): 2:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
& Usain Bolt does not make your List
The guy who eats anything reminds me of "The Blob" in X-men...
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
2 million: can anything gud come outta nigeria?
I'm from Nigeria, idiota.

3 Likes

Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Rocktation(f): 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
Haha!
Didn't know these were things though. undecided
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
T-smooth:
I SPIT ON THIS THREAD AND WALK AWAY!!!

Wow so happy I made the frontpage. @T-smooth checked ur profile and just laugh. Can't wait for u to grow up.

1 Like

Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
Dominiquez: The Man who doesn't Sleep.
(Thai Ngoc)

Wow did this man really convince his mind to think it does not need sleep and how does he compencate for rest?
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by maclatunji: 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
There are other impressive people that are not on this list, so many of them.

This is just one example: Wim Hof Doesn't Feel Cold Anywhere!

http://www.coolstuff49ja.com/2012/12/wim-hof-doesnt-feel-cold-anywhere.html#.UWLNtKDkccc
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by xynerise: 3:45pm On Apr 08, 2013
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by maclatunji: 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
Another one

Ma Xiangang doesn't get harmed by electric shock
http://www.coolstuff49ja.com/2012/12/ma-xiangang-doesnt-get-harmed-by.html#.UWLaOqDkccc

1 Like

Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by everyday: 3:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
yuk!! This is really weird
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by maclatunji: 3:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
Meanwhile, the fact that you have extraordinary or superhuman abilities does not make you a superhero. Mutants are real but we don't exist like the X-men movies portray us. tongue
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by maclatunji: 4:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
Dean Karnazes Can Run Forever

Stephen Wiltshire Has a Perfect Visual Memory

Read about them here http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/4PsKMj/www.cracked.com/article_19661_6-real-people-with-mind-blowing-mutant-superpowers.html/
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by maclatunji: 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
Kim Peek Remembers Everything

Isao Machii Lives in the Matrix
I call him the Super-Samurai

Read about them here
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/4PsKMj/www.cracked.com/article_19661_6-real-people-with-mind-blowing-mutant-superpowers.html/
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by maclatunji: 4:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
Dominiquez: The Boy with Sonar Vision (Ben Underwood)

Ben Underwoodtaught is blind, both of his eyes were removed (cancer) when he was 3. Yet, he plays basketball, rides on a bicycle, and lives a quite normal life. He taught himself to use echo location to navigate around the world. With no guide-dogs, he doesn't even need hands: he uses sound. Ben makes a short click sound that bounces back from objects. Amazingly, his ears pick up the ecos to let him know where the objects are. He's the only person in the world who sees using nothing but eco location, like a sonar or a dolphin.

Ben was amazing, he used echolocation. Essentially he produced clicks with his mouth which sent out vibrations and wherever an object was, the echo would bounce back to him, that is what bats do as well. However, what really was amazing about him was that he could play video games whilst being blind. How he knew what he was doing with a gameboy or similar device, I will never know.

Abeg O, don't pray for blindness. He lost his sight at an early age because of Cancer and eventually died. There is nothing more super than being alive and enjoying normal human functions.

3 Likes

Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by SouthernGuy(m): 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
Let's check very well....they have demons in them....they need to be delivered cool

1 Like

Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by maclatunji: 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2013
SouthernGuy: Let's check very well....they have demons in them....they need to be delivered cool

LOL
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Localamos(m): 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
2 million: can anything gud come outta nigeria?

When others are eating of the good of the land and you don't find any, remember this day when you used your mouth (abi na fingers on the keyboard) to course your portion of nigeria... Smh for you.
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by maclatunji: 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
SouthernGuy: Let's check very well....they have demons in them....they need to be delivered cool

Not demons my brother... Lets just call them Mutants http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant

If as a child you are able to do something and think it is something everybody else can do only to find that it is not so. Would you agree with someone saying you are possessed? The ability may make you a little different, but you are still a human being like everybody else.
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
:Pnot nice at all....you are the kind of peeps who turned magneto in xmen to be a mean old man
FineBro: We call them FREAKS!!
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
Don't Nigeria have one? J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ thinking though. *sighs*
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by maclatunji: 4:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
philip.adesola:
Don't Nigeria have one? J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ thinking though. *sighs*

He would be called possessed and almost certainly killed. However, we exist.

There are 2 of us that I know on this forum. How do I know?

The guy described exactly what I can do and he did not really understand that it is quite rare. Don't bother, I won't tell you what we do. In any case, it is no biggie really.
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by maclatunji: 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
metamorphus11: :Pnot nice at all....you are the kind of peeps who turned magneto in xmen to be a mean old man

Forget that thing, just one shot and your "real life superhero" is dead. The comics, cartoons and movies are grossly exaggerated.
Re: Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
Go and read about POWER MIKE, he is a Nigerian hero with extra ability to carry things around and lift them if he so desires too. He once pulled a complete football team in a thug of war show, pulled vehicles and often carry two-men, each on one arm without feeling it. So, mate up there, something good can always come out of Nigeria. We are totally not a bad set of people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dion Osagie Gives N10,000 To Pure Water Seller Who Makes $2 (Video) / 11-Year-Old Girl Found Wandering In Kaduna (Photo) / The meaning of " la vida loca" (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.