Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

MTN Latest Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Latest Scam (1243 Views)

MTN Latest Codes For Data And Calls, 500 Naira for 500MB and lots more / MTN Latest Bonanza Scam / MTN LATEST PROMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Latest Scam by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2013
Please stay away from mtn weekend promo that double's your credit. Your loaded amount and the bonus will simply be sucked away like magic as you make calls.

If you have money to blow, then please check it out. Good luck.
Re: MTN Latest Scam by Emmyk(m): 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2013
thanks
Re: MTN Latest Scam by babarazy: 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2013
i just fell a victim embarassed embarassed
Re: MTN Latest Scam by hunkydory(m): 4:51pm On Apr 07, 2013
MTN and their promos...
Re: MTN Latest Scam by Francheezy(m): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
M.T.N
Re: MTN Latest Scam by seunlayi(m): 5:16pm On Apr 07, 2013
is mtn wow a promo? It if just another daylight robbery from mtn. you will never get the actually amount being charge for your calls.
Re: MTN Latest Scam by Dreal1247: 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2013
Mtn is just a bottomless pit. It is the network that charged fifty Naira per minute in this country. The way they have made money in this country, i expect their tariff to be the cheapest. If they are opportuned, they will pict pocket Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: MTN Latest Scam by nezpablo: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2013
I fell a victim and have started #WickedWowWeekend trending on twitter. please guys help popularize this trends so that the media will be aware and mtn scam will stop. If you have twitter account just hashtag the wickedwowweekend. Thanks
Re: MTN Latest Scam by ojeffo: 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2013
I was about to open a thread on this ROBBERY from MTN,when I stumbled on this ur thread and decided to jst post my experience on it..
It was dis evening that I checked my balance and saw d Ad for the Wow weekend promo so I called my vendor and requested for 750 recharge card.I told my friend dt I'm suspecting dt d bonus they are talking about might jst be 4 MTN 2 MTN calls alone.I never knew dt a bigger shock awaits me.I loaded the 750 card and behold I got a msg saying dt I hv received 750 bonus dt will expire same evening.I was mad as hell without knowing that d real shock has not been revealed.
It was when I check my balance again dt I saw my old balance only,d 750 I jst loaded did not reflect.Out of shock I dialled d *889# which they said we shld use to check d promo balance only 4 me to see d "WOW main balance as 750 and d promo as 750 with d ridiculous message dt BOTH WILL EXPIRE same day. I was dumbfounded!...I called them and tongue-lashed them.When I saw d advert on my account balance popup msg..there was no indication or warning that d promo expiration will include my main 750!!!!!!!!!! Wat a ROBBERY!!!!!! Pls mods shld put this issue on d front page to warn people oo
Re: MTN Latest Scam by DammyFx: 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2013
I just fell victim with 1200Naira all gone without calling
Re: MTN Latest Scam by nezpablo: 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
Am making it a trend on twitter. When it becomes popular,media people will relay it. Even im following NCC on twitter and had tweet them about it. if you have twitter account let get it done. @mtnng have not replied my tweets since i voiced anger out
Re: MTN Latest Scam by francis247(m): 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2013
ojeffo: I was about to open a thread on this ROBBERY from MTN,when I stumbled on this ur thread and decided to jst post my experience on it..
It was dis evening that I checked my balance and saw d Ad for the Wow weekend promo so I called my vendor and requested for 750 recharge card.I told my friend dt I'm suspecting dt d bonus they are talking about might jst be 4 MTN 2 MTN calls alone.I never knew dt a bigger shock awaits me.I loaded the 750 card and behold I got a msg saying dt I hv received 750 bonus dt will expire same evening.I was mad as hell without knowing that d real shock has not been revealed.
It was when I check my balance again dt I saw my old balance only,d 750 I jst loaded did not reflect.Out of shock I dialled d *889# which they said we shld use to check d promo balance only 4 me to see d "WOW main balance as 750 and d promo as 750 with d ridiculous message dt BOTH WILL EXPIRE .same day. I was dumbfounded!...I called them and tongue-lashed them.When I saw d advert on my account balance popup msg..there was no indication or warning that d promo expiration will include my main 750!!!!!!!!!! Wat a ROBBERY!!!!!! Pls mods shld put this issue on d front page to warn people oo
Sorry man! But ur case is not What I'd call a scam. This is exactly how it was stated on their Facebook page. But as usual, eMpTyN did not fully explain in detail how it works. Why do you think the recharge prefix 2 get dis bonus is *888* and not *555* or *555*1*. When I saw *888* as recharge prefix, I even taught it was a fake eMpTyN Facebook page. As I type dis I have about #500 bonus airtime from last month recharge of #100 & over #700 bonus on another Sim from recharges since Dec. last yr. I'd have say peeps should have called CC 2 confirm and get details b4 trial but unfortunately d CC agents themselves are usually ill & sometimes totally uninformed. Most times d management of dis Telecom operators introduce crucial changes 2 their network without proper/detailed info 2 their staff/CC agents b4 making it public.
Re: MTN Latest Scam by chineduace(m): 9:20pm On Apr 07, 2013
If you have used wow before many of you will not make this silly mistake. Nigerians dont read and it will cost you a lot. The terms and conditions of WOW states that you can load any amount from 6pm Friday till midnight sunday and get your airtime doubled however all airtime expires midnight sunday... This is not a SCAM as you guys have cried out but because you dont take time to read terms and conditions...
Your main balance of *556# remains untouched while your promo balance of *889# is what is active till midnight sunday except if your WOW balance finishes then it goes back to your main account.... Many people mistake WOW airtime for main balance.
Re: MTN Latest Scam by Agbeke2013: 2:08am On Apr 08, 2013
It is a really scam from MTN people should be very careful with this heartless network
Re: MTN Latest Scam by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 08, 2013
Wow! I rest my case, NCC should come to our rescue. Better still stay away from the trap and inform everyone you can about it.
Re: MTN Latest Scam by nezpablo: 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
How to inform NCC is very simple: Start following them on the twitter.Tweet them about it alot. Follow the #WickedWowWeekend.The more we trend it,the better. Example was the tweetfight between Nigerians and Kenyans trending of #SomeoneTellNigeria #SomeoneTellKenya somedays to Nigeria-Kenya Match in March. The issue made it to the front page of many national dailies. On the terms and conditions,it was propaganda! Half truth,half lies.They did not talk about both credit being expired the same day.The #woe weekend had an expiry date but we were not given full info. Poor public relations. Mtn is just concern about maximasing profit - good business idea - but does not consider consumers'benefits,is, playing on our collective intelligence. *No good advert will sell a bad product twice*

(1) (Reply)

Am In Need Of Ur Advice So Total Confused Btw Buying BB Z10 And Xperia Sp... / Airtel Unlimited Bb Bis 1+1 / Etisalat Unlimited Chat Package.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.