Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Which Is The Best Airline? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Is The Best Airline? (5715 Views)

The World's Best Airline Is...emirates / Best Airline In Nigeria / Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best Airline? by thestar2(f): 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2008
Based on Experiences,  let Nairalanders know??

Virgin Atlantic? British Airways? Virgin Nigeria? Air France? KLM? Lufthansa?
Emirates? Qatar Airways?

Whats the best airline out there,
considering,  customer service on and off the plane, prices, baggage allowance, airline meals, consider it all!
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 04, 2008
air france .
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by akniyalo: 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2008
of course AIRFRANCE!!!!
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by SamMilla1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2008
LUFTHANSA
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by tRoOE(f): 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2008
Swissair is great used it before they stopped their service to Naija

British Air- nice only use it to school

Virgin Atlantic - Their service is great service they have no space btw their seat

KLM, don’t ever use it, the wackest airline

Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by chiogo(f): 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2008
say what KLM is the best , . . . .V.I.P all day. If u can't afford it, then obviously, u'd go for virgin atlantic, brtish. . . and the rest. word!!! tongue
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by jacq(f): 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2008
For me Lufthansa !
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by tRoOE(f): 6:41am On Apr 08, 2008
chiogo:

say what KLM is the best , . . . .V.I.P all day. If u can't afford it, then obviously, u'd go for virgin atlantic, brtish. . . and the rest. word!!! tongue
If I can afford Swissair business class(lol we even though my parent paid for it) why won’t I be able to pay for cheap KLM. The truth is KLM suck, the last time I took KLM from Amsterdam to US I had a bad experience, that was the worst flight ever, their food got me sick for the whole 2 wks.
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by Cadet(f): 6:50am On Apr 08, 2008
Airfrance. all the way!!
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by almondjoy(f): 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2008
Delta Airlines. . . or any American Airline. . . .talk about customer service. They pamper you and will listen to any complaint you have and genuinely try to help you to solve any problems you have. They take customer service very seriously. I love that!

Go Delta! cool

Then Emirate. . .to Dubai or China!. . . Excellenteee!!! Very warm and hospitable. Live their uniforms too.

Then Kenyan Airlines. . . . .those people are so polite! No matter what you do. . .you can[b] never [/b] aggravate them like the typical black people.
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by chiogo(f): 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2008
tRoOE:

If I can afford Swissair business class(lol we even though my parent paid for it) why won’t I be able to pay for cheap KLM. The truth is KLM suck, the last time I took KLM from Amsterdam to US I had a bad experience, that was the worst flight ever, their food got me sick for the whole 2 wks.
Well, u're kind@ right. The food's not all that. Besides, u gotta wait at Amsterdam airport for like 8 hours freezin' to death. I guess my family and i are already used to it. It's not cheap jare, not when u're payin' for 6 people.  tongue
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by tRoOE(f): 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2008
LOL damn 6 people shocked shocked shocked that's a lot of people
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by chika98: 12:27am On Apr 09, 2008
KLM & British airlines
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by adamsy07: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2008
emirates airline is no1
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by khufu: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2008
emirates or i trek!

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by sistajay(f): 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2008
British Airways
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by landis(m): 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2008
Singapore Airline, simply the best.

It is awersome.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by JeSoul(f): 8:20pm On Aug 08, 2008
If you're flying within America whatever you do DO NOT use U.S. Airways!!! I repeat DO NOT use U.S. Airways!!! I had the worst experience of my life flying with them.

Best U.S. airline I'd say is JetBlue
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by femigirl(f): 2:32pm On Aug 10, 2008
If it to come to Nigeria all the airlines are no good, I have had issues with them all.

But Virgin is top to flight with to all other locations. cheers to Sir Richard Branson very nice guy.
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by tRoOE(f): 2:33am On Aug 12, 2008
JeSoul:

If you're flying within America whatever you do DO NOT use US. Airways!!! I repeat DO NOT use US. Airways!!! I had the worst experience of my life flying with them.

Best US. airline I'd say is JetBlue
Oh come on US Airways is not that bad like you are making it seem, i do use them frequently especially to school and have not really have problem with them
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by TPS360: 4:58am On Aug 12, 2008
I love KLM
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by moonraker(m): 9:12am On Sep 27, 2008
emirates airlines

qatar airways

these two airlines have good service from asia to nigeria. the rest are all overpriced son of a,
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by igbogolo: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2008
lufthansa, emirates, air France, Qatar any day man!
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by Stealthy(m): 8:31pm On Sep 27, 2008
I've used Emirates, BA, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Nigeria, South African Airways & Air France

Emirates is the best by a long distance. If possible, I fit even fly Lagos to PH using Emirates, stopping over in Dubai! The flights are very cool (some night flights even have a skylight thingy to enhance ur sleep), inflight entertainment is superb, they'll feed u till u get tired, I could go on & on,

I heard Qatar Airways & Singapore are also good, but I've never used them b4.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by Stealthy(m): 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2008
Only downside with emirates is that once u land naija back, the customs guys will descend on u, expecting that u went to buy loads of goodies for sale from Dubai wink wink wink
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by Stealthy(m): 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2008
In terms of luggage allowance, BA & Virgin Nigeria are the most generous, if I still recall well, though BA will reduce their allowance from 32kg to 23kg in Nov.

Still, Emirates staff will look the other way if u go over their official 20kg limit, but dont overdo it sha (u know as we de do lol)

In terms of price, BA can be expensive, but have some god promos if u buy in the low season. Emirates from Lagos to London via Dubai is really good (even cheaper than Lagos-Dubai, would u believe!). KLM & Air france r always cheap, but u get wat u pay for - crappy service IMO.
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by ferrano: 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2008
as for me, qatar and emirate is the best for now. all the europeans airline are just selling their old name. at least i have travel wth each of them in these year to far east. starting from klm, klm will delay you in transit for 12 hour b4 boarding you to naother fligth to china etc and also airfrance. airfrance they dont even like blacks man. lufthansa is even better out of them, but qater and emirate ifr your transit is more than 4 hours they will take you to millinium hotel inh dubai and also in doha. infact let me cut story short emirate and qater are the best now
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by landis(m): 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2008
Still, Emirates staff will look the other way if u go over their official 20kg limit, but don't overdo it sha (u know as we de do lol)

thats is scary. You suddenly give me REASON not to fly them.

All planes have what is carry lift-off weight. This has to be calculated to nearest kg.

All planes burn fuel based on weight, which is calculated on number of passegers.

Sorry. No emirates for me. It is just a matter of time.

The plane that crashed killing singer Aaliyah and eight others on Saturday was carrying too many passengers, according to the manufacturers.
The news comes after revelations that the plane was heavily overloaded with luggage.
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by shotster50(m): 4:08am On Oct 03, 2008
British Airways - I would never try them again. They seem to treat Nigerians like dogs. I have experienced that on several occasions.
Sri Lanka Air: My worst worst 14 hours ever. It wasnt enough that I was the only black person on d plane, let alone Nigerian.
Emirates / AirFrance: Best flights ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by vikiviko(m): 9:15am On Oct 03, 2008
Depending on your route.

Some airlines flys routes others don;t fly to.

My all time best airline KLM
Re: Which Is The Best Airline? by noblegas2(m): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2009
Still will & always Fly Emirates & Qatar ( world 5 star airline) all the way son! grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Us Visa Passport Pixels / Your Favorite International Airline / UK Student Visa Delay Need Your urgent Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.