Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,530 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp (9484 Views)

Cortana Vs Siri Vs Google Now Vs Blackberry Assistant - Fight! / Samsung Vs Google: A New War In Mobile? / Apple Ios 5 Vs Google Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by mavtrevor(m): 12:17am On Apr 08, 2013
An article by DigitalTrend this morning suggests Google has offered $1 Billion to buy Whatsapp. This is the second of such news in recent times when TechCrunch published that Facebook is negotiating with Whatsapp to buy the popular cross-platform mobile instant messenger. This is just a rumor as none of the parties have made any official statement to this regards.

Report has it that Whatsapp is holding out for more than $1 Billion for this deal, if this deal goes through it will be the second of its nature after Facebook acquired Instagram for $1 Billion in 2012. Whatsapp may have become the internet battleground if Facebook and Google are actually bidding to acquire this app.

Which of Facebook or Google will you prefer to acquire this amazing app? Are you undecided like me? I will like to see Whatsapp remain by itself and serve its purpose as it has been than falling into the hands of these “evil geniuses” who will only acquire it to exploit its market value.

Courtesy: Netmediablog

1 Like

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Hotdiamond(m): 12:24am On Apr 08, 2013
i just love Watsapp as it is. I don't want this companies tampering with it. I prefer facebook btw If they are willing to give it out
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by mavtrevor(m): 12:28am On Apr 08, 2013
If Facebook acquires it, it will definitely integrate it into their services and since they are known not to respect privacy policy, i wont be surprised if your Facebook friend who doesn't have your number starts sending you messages cos Facebook allows such....and as for Google, those guys are trying to monopolize the internet. Just look at how they determine who is relevant or not with their search engine updates as they like, i wonder if they wont retire this service like they re retiring so many like meebo, feedburner etc

1 Like

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Hotdiamond(m): 12:31am On Apr 08, 2013
i would prefer they just keep upgrading the app. Seriously i don't even like the idea of selling it either Google of fb.
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Nobody: 2:02am On Apr 08, 2013
Google all the way. those guys r from anoda realm. they are geniuses!

1 Like

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 08, 2013
Google all the way. but this may bring quick end to blackberry especially if they started their web based internet operation like rim. and it will boost android users.
Facebook in other way will really commercialize it and we should be ready to pay higher subscription fee. besides,let them stick to their Facebook chat and improve on it.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by mavtrevor(m): 7:29am On Apr 08, 2013
uniqueval: Google all the way. those guys r from anoda realm. they are geniuses!

Geniuses? What kinda...those guys have totally redefined the internet and if you have been affected you will feel differently about them. What if they acquire Whatsapp just to absorb the team for one of their projects like the Google Babble and retire the application just as they did to Meebo?
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by justaqad(m): 8:01am On Apr 08, 2013
if NNPC like make them acquiram.......
how e take conzein me. mstchewww

1 Like

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 08, 2013
Google all the way,cos they made me and you to see this right now
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by afolabisegun(m): 9:26am On Apr 08, 2013
Facebook can handle it better than google..

1 Like

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by kponkedenge(m): 9:28am On Apr 08, 2013
Wat stops Nairaland 4rm acquiring it sad

7 Likes

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by livethinme: 9:29am On Apr 08, 2013
you do realise that sometimes these companies buy and the gut the app?
I dont want it sold to either!
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Amakamax(f): 9:29am On Apr 08, 2013
Very soon, we go hear say nairaland wan buy whatsapp too. Seun, u de hear me?
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by ichommy(m): 9:30am On Apr 08, 2013
I dont trust Google, they can turn it later like Meebo
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by yuzedo: 9:31am On Apr 08, 2013
Hi5 should buy them! undecided

Anyone but Facebook sha! angry
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by kenlash1(m): 9:34am On Apr 08, 2013
I'd go wif google cos it wll be beta integrated in android nd it wld be more like an android application. IMO
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by DonHummer(m): 9:34am On Apr 08, 2013
if boko haram lyk mak dem buy am..my own be sa mak dem no jst fuk am up.......bt wuld prefer google...i tink dos guys are very creative.....
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by jonsin(m): 9:36am On Apr 08, 2013
I'm undecided about this one,because whatsapp is one of the few messaging platform that has kept to the standard over the years and i'm a bit skeptical if facebook (due to their frequent security issues) or google (due to their over zealousness on monopoly) would be able to keep up with the standard.Someone answer me this,why would they want to sell out?

2 Likes

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Dreyl(m): 9:36am On Apr 08, 2013
i prefer google they are genius
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by obisage(m): 9:39am On Apr 08, 2013
Google is the best pls
they know the best way to improve apps
look at YouTube today
look at Google map.
in fact am a fan of any app that comes from Google...

1 Like

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by hockeyboy: 9:39am On Apr 08, 2013
Send free sms to any network just remove the space and
copy to your browser
http:// ./4had
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 08, 2013
I would prefer Facebook to acquire it.
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Caprison(m): 9:39am On Apr 08, 2013
tongue tongue tongue...my grnd papa wan sell his passat 4 1k..holla me if ur interest.....
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by lightheart(m): 9:41am On Apr 08, 2013
I'll say google.
They seem to be the future...
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by kennyslim1(m): 9:41am On Apr 08, 2013
Google all the way...
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by TeenageMoney(m): 9:42am On Apr 08, 2013
If google acquires it, i pity for we wey dey use am.
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by DonHummer(m): 9:43am On Apr 08, 2013
Amakamax: Very soon, we go hear say nairaland wan buy whatsapp too. Seun, u de hear me?
Una jst de find seun trouble dis dayz...one day the guy go jst vex ban nairaland...

2 Likes

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Francheezy(m): 9:47am On Apr 08, 2013
bEE.aRR.bEE
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by betrani(m): 9:48am On Apr 08, 2013
whoever would succeed in d bid, is not my business! My business is that whoever buys it should make it better, and refrain from any form of suffocation! Else them go die of epilepcy
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 08, 2013
urnmmm... let google acquire it
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Rick9(m): 9:50am On Apr 08, 2013
[size=21pt]
Mehn $1 Billion To acquire whatsapp that is huge.
I must learn programming and web and App Development,
Its someone who created all these apps and website we are using and they are making billions, i believe i can do the same.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by eklassical(m): 9:53am On Apr 08, 2013
i really think Whatsapp should just keep improving . facebook, google, n d rest of them are all scavengers, they indirectly steal ur idea by paying u stipends (forget d billions jor) and they earn more by remodelizing n adding it to their basket of Apps!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition / Could It Be Branch Loan Monitoring Me? / Olx Is Rejecting My Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.