Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Us Man Sells Domain Name Pizza.com For $2.6m - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Us Man Sells Domain Name Pizza.com For $2.6m (835 Views)

*(how To Get A Premium Lifetime Account At Lynda.com For Free!!!)* / Man Sells Ebola.com For 33 Million Naira / Teenager Sells Mobile Startup To Yahoo for $30 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Man Sells Domain Name Pizza.com For $2.6m by A2J(m): 4:34am On Apr 05, 2008
The full story can be viewed here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7331042.stm
Re: Us Man Sells Domain Name Pizza.com For $2.6m by my2cents(m): 11:01am On Apr 05, 2008
This definitely falls under, "Chei! Why didn't I think of this?" plus, who knew this business was going on anyways?

Oh well, time to start thinking of another domain name to squat on grin
Re: Us Man Sells Domain Name Pizza.com For $2.6m by tundewoods(m): 11:32am On Apr 05, 2008
Lets look at this whole story from this angle. The Publicity stunt point of view.What if the conspiracy theory looks like this.The dot com pizza company need to create a good buzz by actually buying the domain from an associate or friend and claim the fee was 2 million or what ever.

I can claim to buy something from you at what ever price as long as both parties to the contract are happy and satisfied grin
Re: Us Man Sells Domain Name Pizza.com For $2.6m by ThePhantom(m): 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2008
@tunde

Good Point. But domain names like this do get sold for $millions$ (e.g. Business.com or beer.com). Plus if they pulled a stunt like that, the media will find out.
Re: Us Man Sells Domain Name Pizza.com For $2.6m by niyyie(m): 8:14am On Apr 13, 2008
When you're ready to go into domaining as its called, visit www.web4africa.net to register your domains for low prices. No one does it better

About the fellow who sold pizza.com for so much, its nothing new. The original owner of iphone.com sold it for millions to Apple when Apple iPhone was launched. The specific $$$ figure was not announced.

(1) (Reply)

Check It Out, What Do You Think? If You Like It, I Can: / Invitation To Join And Contribute To Linux4africa Forum / Software/web Developer For 6-12months Contract Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.