Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana (9364 Views)

What Is Cloud Hosting: How Does It Really Work? / Websoft To Launch Vantium M1 Tablet / Good Web Design Services in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by luluosas(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
VENTURES AFRICA – Following a successful MTN Cloud pilot project, the South African telecommunications giant has announced it would launch its cloud services Wednesday, 10th of April, 2013 to boost ease of business operations.

Cloud technology provides clients with virtual data servers (online memory spaces and softwares) that can be accessed on any device – mobile phone, tablet, laptop, etc – through the internet, thereby reliving clients of the need and cost for setting up and managing expensive data servers.

According to an official statement, the service will be launched in Nigeria and Ghana first, with other markets to follow later in the year.

MTN Group Enterprise Business Executive, Farhad Khan, said: “There is great appetite for ICT solutions that are relevant, customised and affordable. SMEs are looking to technology service providers… to bring them world-class tools that improve their business efficiencies.”

MTN launched the trial of the cloud project in December 2012, targeting small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Uganda and South Africa.

Companies that participated in the pilot ranged from SMEs in the IT, manufacturing and hospitality sectors in Ghana to those in media and advertising in Nigeria.

Khan says: “Our focus as MTN is to contribute to the development of enterprises and the sustainable growth of economies, and SMEs are key economic growth drivers in most of our markets.”

MTN Group is a South Africa-based multinational mobile telecommunications company, launched in 1994 with operations in 22 countries across Africa, Europe and Middle East.The Group has almost 190 million subscribers.

Source www.ventures-africa.com/2013/04/mtn-to-launch-cloud-services-in-nigeria-ghana/

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
What about burial and heaven services ? Crap network

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by Oyetboy(m): 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
First to comment!
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by NotNairalandi(m): 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
Otu Ocha....I mean oppssss!!!!

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
great innovation
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by chuksmad(m): 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
thats a good one
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by Tsmooth1(m): 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
Advert. Passing!!!
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by NotNairalandi(m): 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
Lele...ndi ara....ha choro irim..!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
nna odikwa very risky ooo..... ndi ara choo irimm....stupid network

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by miteolu(m): 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
Local ICT shops will close o o o
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by Ebusbaba1: 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
Tanks 2 technology ooo.n Baba GOD 4 d wisdom grin
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by ekuri77: 2:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
PLEASE DON'T TRUST MTN AS YOUR DATA WILL BE GIVEN OUT, AND 2NDLY IT'S DANGEROUS

Source www.ventures-africa.com/2013/04/mtn-to-launch-cloud-services-in-nigeria-ghana/[/quote]
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by Rick9(m): 2:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
Oyetboy: First to comment!
see ya life
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by timpaker(m): 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
luluosas: I am a PROUD NIGERIAN and I am very PROUD to be Associated with GLOBACOM - A True NIGERIAN Telecom BRAND https://facebook.com/globrandpromoter

wetin concern MTN with Glo?
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by luluosas(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
As good as this Cloud service may be, I don't think most people will embrace this MTN offer, in as much there firms registered to offer such services are available everywhere.
Check this thread I opened for this purpose sometimes ago https://www.nairaland.com/1072839/cloud-storage-v-physical-storage
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by sammyyoung2(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
next.......
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by Francheezy(m): 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2013
I D0NT TRUST M.T.N

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by luluosas(m): 3:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
timpaker:

wetin concern MTN with Glo?
You surely don't have work to do. What has my signature got to do with this thread? Moreover, I am not an MTN subscriber? Therefore, if you don't have any contribution to make, just 'look n pass'. Thank you.
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by NotNairalandi(m): 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
eMu.Ti.eNu......ndi araa....!!!!!
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2013
where are all the rats and cockroaches?
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by geek(m): 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2013
luluosas: As good as this Cloud service may be, I don't think most people will embrace this MTN offer, in as much there firms registered to offer such services are available everywhere.
Check this thread I opened for this purpose sometimes ago https://www.nairaland.com/1072839/cloud-storage-v-physical-storage

Dude must you always give your commentary even when you don't know what you're talking about?

Read the article... this is NOT a consumer offering, it's an enterprise-grade product which forms part of the non-GSM offerings for SME's and large corporates only. Their requirements are more sophisticated than just buying a cloud service off the Internet, and it would be backed up with SLA's.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by timpaker(m): 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2013
luluosas:
You surely don't have work to do. What has my signature got to do with this thread? Moreover, I am not an MTN subscriber? Therefore, if you don't have any contribution to make, just 'look n pass'. Thank you.

For your info, i aint quarreling with ya. Just curious and that's all.
Please learn how to answer a simple question next time, you dig?
Thank you
cool cool

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2013
mtn dey try. . . but i think they should improve on their GSM services first.
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by luluosas(m): 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
timpaker:

For your info, i aint quarreling with ya. Just curious and that's all.
Please learn how to answer a simple question next time, you dig?
Thank you
cool cool
Really? You quoted my signature and then asked, wetin concern MTN with Glo? What do you imply by that phrase?
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by ITbomb(m): 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
When you go save all your documents in the cloud, when you need it urgently, network no dey, na there u go return to file cabinet.

Dem no fit connect common voice calls, them want hold my documents for me/
rubbish
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by luluosas(m): 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
geek:

Dude must you always give your commentary even when you don't know what you're talking about?

Read the article... this is NOT a consumer offering, it's an enterprise-grade product which forms part of the non-GSM offerings for SME's and large corporates only. Their requirements are more sophisticated than just buying a cloud service off the Internet, and it would be backed up with SLA's.
Thank you very much as 'I don't know what I am talking about'. In all my life, I have never claimed to know anything because I am learning everyday to master my tomorrow. Thank you again.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by geek(m): 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
luluosas:
Thank you very much as 'I don't know what I am talking about'. In all my life, I have never claimed to know anything because I am learning everyday to master my tomorrow. Thank you again.

You're welcome smiley
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by RiKKies: 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
Oyetboy: First to comment!

Don't think so.

Why 25 Million Nigerians Cannot Go More Than 1 Round GET DETAILS
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by CUIzundu(m): 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2013
Okoko_bi_oko......biko spak english
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by nenergy(m): 9:19pm On Apr 10, 2013
geek:

Wise comment. You're a geek indeed!
Re: MTN To Launch Cloud Services In Nigeria And Ghana by aronbillz: 6:43am On Apr 11, 2013
i prefer my drop box

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Silly Mistakes New Bloggers Makes When Applying For Adsense - Mediapace / Why You Should Use HTTPS Instead Of HTTP On Your Website / My Website Is Showing "404 Error"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.