Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

The Clock Didn't Stop - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / The Clock Didn't Stop (1111 Views)

When You Inherited A Wall Clock From Albert Einstein / Funny Alarm Clock's. I Exactly Need One=) / Working Round The Clock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Clock Didn't Stop by CrazeThiefity: 1:39am On Apr 10, 2013
17 years ago,i remember that New year eve, i swore i would wait to see how the New year would START.Of course, if there is a start there is a STOP.I took a chair and sat facing the wall clock while it sang click,click, click. I was wondering what it was thinking and how it was planning to start all over again. It was busy working when others were shouting in the church.

11:59pm, i fixed my eyes without any blink to see how it would end and then start again.12:00 midnight gbamm,it kept moving nonstop. i thought it was a mistake,it was suppose to stop or else how do we know where the new year begins? But that instant, i heard a loud noise at the church shouting HAPPY NEW YEAR! I ran to the church thinking theirs stood still, but it didn't, and i started to cry; "How can the clock be working without resting? It is suppose to rest and then start the new year again..."

I mourned it till i grew up to know that some things are meant to suffer forever just like the heart which keeps pumping, and the day it rests, people mourn the owner who just rested too, that's when i realized that everything was meant to keep working or else life would be stagnant.

Now, i no longer have pity for the clock again, in fact, i sometimes fast-forward it with my hand so that we can quickly reach another new year on time, cos i want to grow up quick and get married. i learnt that life is too short, no wonder many little kids now are growing so fast that some have started overtaking me in age...maybe they have a faster clock.I will fast-forward our clock too.

2 Likes

Re: The Clock Didn't Stop by possibilita(m): 4:01am On Apr 10, 2013
kissgreat poem.MOD pls take this to front page

1 Like

Re: The Clock Didn't Stop by NekyLove(f): 8:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
Next tym, weneva u want ur clock 2 rest, its very simple; just turn d back and remove the batteries. Then allow it 2 rest 4 as long as u wish.

1 Like

Re: The Clock Didn't Stop by vizboy(m): 10:50am On Apr 12, 2013
Damn am in luv

1 Like

Re: The Clock Didn't Stop by CrazeThiefity: 8:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
NekyLove: Next tym, weneva u want ur clock 2 rest, its very simple; just turn d back and remove the batteries. Then allow it 2 rest 4 as long as u wish.
I just did it. It worked like magic'

(1) (Reply)

Can You Eat This For Breakfast?(pic) / Which Naija Tribe Is The Dumbest... / Your Most Embarrasing Moment That You Can't Stop Laughing About.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.