Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? (534 Views)

Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? / Where Do You Stand With Illuminati Theories? / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? by Frostyzone(m): 9:00am On Apr 10, 2013
Before I start, I would like to clarify a few things.

I'm not a religious person, neither am I an atheist or agnostic or whatever you call it this days.

I believe in the supernatural, atleast the possibility of some phenoma that can't be explain satisfactorily by science. Take for instance, just last year my cousin woke up from a nightmare with weird scratches on his face. How do you explain that, heh?

I also believe that people make their own luck, in the sense that you wake up each morning and your life will play out exactly as you wish. Some religious fanatics might disagree with this by quoting this age old adage; Commit to the lord whatever you seek and your plans will succeed. - translating to "God controls your destiny"

Really? How come the world richest people are overwhelmingly unreligious, heh? Their plans did succeed quite well on your own sweat, thank you very much. Shakespeare said something on that and believe me, it was quite inspirational and blew the previous quote out of the water;

'It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. - Need I say more?

Okay, now I'm digressing...

The point I'm trying to make is that even though existence of God is inconclusive, and purely based on speculations, it doesn't eliminate the threat of the supernatural.

Weird, inexplicable things happen everyday, and no matter how intelligent and reasonable you are, you wouldn't be able to explain how someone could wake up coughing up blood, after getting stabbed in the chest in a nightmare - (This one actually happened to me).

So I'm throwing the floor open on all people of all denominations. Where do you stand on the Supernatural?

Does believing in it make you religious or superstitious or simply realistic? Or it is just another figment of our imaginations?

Let's hear your thoughts people.
Re: Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:12am On Apr 10, 2013
Believing in the supernatural doesn't make you religious or superstitious, but it rather put you in the category of the Illuminati conspiracy theorist. Mean no disrespect, just my 2 cents.
Re: Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? by Frostyzone(m): 9:22am On Apr 10, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: Believing in the supernatural doesn't make you religious or superstitious, but it rather put you in the category of the Illuminati conspiracy theorist. Mean no disrespect, just my 2 cents.

None taken. Just for the record I'm not an Illuminati conspiracy theorist, lol. Accusations without proof is just plain stupid and sad. Which is not my own form of the supernatural. I'm talking about plain old black magic here dude.

Rational people are always quick to dismiss the possibility, and believe me, I used to be one, until I experienced first hand that the world is not all black and white. Far from it!
Re: Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:24am On Apr 10, 2013
Frostyzone:

None taken. Just for the record I'm not an Illuminati conspiracy theorist, lol. Accusations without proof is just plain stupid and sad. Which is not my own form of the supernatural. I'm talking about plain old black magic here dude.

Rational people are always quick to dismiss the possibility, and believe me, I used to be one, until I experienced first hand that the world is not all black and white. Far from it!

Three words for you mate, Seeing is believing.
Re: Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? by Frostyzone(m): 9:25am On Apr 10, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Three words for you mate, Seeing is believing.

Don't worry. One day you just might get your wish.
Re: Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 10, 2013
@Frostyzone: as regards your brother's experience, there's a thread in this section by a JAYRIGINAL titled SLEEP PARALYSIS, check that thread..

Btw, does SUPERNATURAL refer to what we can't comprehend or what we do not know?
Re: Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:34am On Apr 10, 2013
Frostyzone:

Don't worry. One day you just might get your wish.

You wish.
Re: Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? by Frostyzone(m): 9:39am On Apr 10, 2013
musKeeto: @Frostyzone: as regards your brother's experience, there's a thread in this section by a JAYRIGINAL titled SLEEP PARALYSIS, check that thread..

Will do that right away, thanks.

musKeeto: Btw, does SUPERNATURAL refer to what we can't comprehend or what we do not know?

Both.

(1) (Reply)

Tb Joshua- Keeping A Watchful Eye Over The World / Hymn For The Day / Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief. Do You Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.