Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Chill Folks, Google Is Not Buying Whatsapp - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Chill Folks, Google Is Not Buying Whatsapp (586 Views)

Google Is Now Alphabet: Search Giant Changes Name / BREAKING!!- Google Is Hiring An SEO Expert To Improve It's Search Engine Ranking / Google Is Making You Dumber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chill Folks, Google Is Not Buying Whatsapp by Frosti(m): 1:18am On Apr 11, 2013
I have been wondering what Google will want to do with Whatsapp, but thank God they are not buying it anymore. To all those that were afraid Whatsapp will be sold, chill out.

An exec at WhatsApp shot down a rumor going
around Monday that Google was in talks to buy the
company for $1 billion.

The report, in Digital Trends, cited an inside source
who said that Google has been in talks to buy the
hugely popular messaging app for the past few
weeks and the current offer is said to be "close to"
$1 billion.

However, Neeraj Arora, WhatsApp’s business
development head, told AllThingsD that the
supposed acquisition isn't happening. Arora could
not be reached for further comment despite multiple requests.

The Google rumor comes after a report surfaced in
December charging Facebook was rumored to be
interested in buying WhatsApp, though no price was mentioned. If the $1 billion figure is correct, it would put WhatsApp in the same ballpark as Instagram, which was acquired by Facebook last year.

WhatsApp is the most popular of a new crop of
mobile messaging apps that some say pose a threat
to bigger companies like Facebook and Google. The
app, which lets users send messages for free across
smartphone platforms, launched in 2009 and has
tens of millions of users. It's currently the No. 1 app
in Apple's App Store in dozens of countries,
according to data from AppAnnie, and it has been
downloaded more than 100 million times on Google
Play.

Source:
http://mashable.com/2013/04/09/google-isnt-buying-whatsapp/
Re: Chill Folks, Google Is Not Buying Whatsapp by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 11, 2013
Yeah! Someone told me they were buyiNg WhatsApp for $1 Billion and I'm lie WTF. That's not happening.
Re: Chill Folks, Google Is Not Buying Whatsapp by Frosti(m): 6:55am On Apr 11, 2013
Brand_new: Yeah! Someone told me they were buyiNg WhatsApp for $1 Billion and I'm lie WTF. That's not happening.

No, that story is not true. Imagine Google buying WhatsApp, and all the ads they would have put in it.

Or they could even kill it like they killed so many others. Hope WhatsApp stays the way it is.

(1) (Reply)

Hot Do L Add Adsense To My Site? / Why Are People Not Succeeding In FOREX? / How To Improve Your Blog's Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.