Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria (21950 Views)

Recovered Vehicle In A Police Station In Port-Harcourt. Photos / A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings / Whose Duty Is It To Check Vehicle Papers??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria by lukaino(m): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
Here are the Vehicle papers every Nigerian Motorist must have to drive on Nigerian roads:
1. Vehicle Licence
2. Insurance certificate(At least a third party insurance)
3. Road Worthiness Permit
4. ECMR police report
5. Allocation of Vehicle plate Number
6. Proof of ownership

Let me know if i missed any...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria by TableLeg(m): 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
lukaino: Here are the Vehicle papers every Nigerian Motorist must have to drive on Nigerian roads:
1. Vehicle Licence
4. ECMR police report
6. Proof of ownership

Is the road worthiness permit the same as MOT?!
Re: List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria by stuff01: 4:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
Dr is a difference btw mot nd road worthiness. Road worthiness is for federal, it can be accepted anywhr in naija while mot is jst within ur state

1 Like

Re: List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria by bayour80: 10:17am On Apr 12, 2013
police report is necesary if you change your car engine,since you will heve different engine number,that is my own understanding,unless the police just want to extort money from you,like they did to me 3 years ago on my way to abuja from kwara at ekiti state. i knew what they were asking was wrong but i gave 50 0r 100 naira because they mounted the road block in the bush and they were just two of them,i was afraid of accidental discharge grin
lukaino: Here are the Vehicle papers every Nigerian Motorist must have to drive on Nigerian roads:
1. Vehicle Licence
4. ECMR police report
6. Proof of ownership

2 Likes

Re: List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria by bosaniger: 9:20am On Apr 14, 2013
My vehicle registration has expired and I need to renew my registration, but I learnt that the old plate numbers will go out of use by September 31st, so a friend advised me to process new plate number (which involves processing all my vehicle papers as they all bear the current plate number). Is this so, and how much will it cost and where do I get this done? My car is a grand Cherokee and I live in Lagos. Can I also renew my vehicle license with the old plate number in the mean time and where can I authentically get this done?

2 Likes

Re: List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria by kaydee(m): 12:57am On Sep 04, 2014
What about now?
Re: List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria by ademoladeji(m): 11:13pm On Nov 26, 2014
bosaniger:
My vehicle registration has expired and I need to renew my registration, but I learnt that the old plate numbers will go out of use by September 31st, so a friend advised me to process new plate number (which involves processing all my vehicle papers as they all bear the current plate number). Is this so, and how much will it cost and where do I get this done? My car is a grand Cherokee and I live in Lagos. Can I also renew my vehicle license with the old plate number in the mean time and where can I authentically get this done?
Email me @ ademoladeji@yahoo.com
Re: List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria by Emmysteve(m): 5:56am On Nov 27, 2014
When is the new plate number going to be effective?
Re: List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria by AutosBay(m): 6:26am On Nov 27, 2014
Receipt of plate number and Vehicle purchase documents

(1) (Reply)

These Are Top 8 Things That Will Drain Your Car Battery / Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car / Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.