Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,579 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? (22008 Views)

Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad / Mileage Of 180k??? / What Is The Average Mileage Of Car Per Year In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by jossytech(m): 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
A quest to find the world’s most “no-nonsense, no headaches car,” and have owned two so far.

This question is actually two questions:

which of the Corollas actually is the average model?
how many miles will it do?
There is a solid, statistical base available to judge that car, because so far, over 44 million were sold. That actually makes it the most sold car in the world of all time.

Working with the figures from this overview , it would appear that most of the Corollas sold had a 1.8 litre engine. So we can consider that an average Corolla.

As for sources to attest to its longevity, I can offer these:

my own experience of riding in Toyota Corolla taxis in Paraguay in the late 90s; most of those had between 300.000 and 700.000 km on the clock and seemed to be running just fine;
this video, where we can see the protagonists riding in an early 2000s Corolla in Brazzaville, Congo - we don’t see the actual mileage, but for a car to get this dented up would take a few miles:
How many km can Toyota Corolla last?
, Innovation Advisor
Originally Answered: How many miles will the average Toyota Corolla go?
I have become a fan of the Toyota Corolla while on a quest to find the world’s most “no-nonsense, no headaches car,” and have owned two so far.

There is a solid, statistical base available to judge that car, because so far, over 44 million were sold. That actually makes it the most sold car in the world of all time.

Working with the figures from this overview , it would appear that most of the Corollas sold had a 1.8 litre engine. So we can consider that an average Corolla.

my own experience of riding in Toyota Corolla taxis in Paraguay in the late 90s; most of those had between 300.000 and 700.000 km on the clock and seemed to be running just fine;

A guy rode an early 2000s Corolla in Brazzaville, Congo - we don’t see the actual mileage, but for a car to get this dented up would take a few miles:
a friend of mine in Iraq ran a 1981 Corolla that had more than one million kilometres on the odometer with largely original running gear;
there is a mid 90s Corolla here in my village in Sweden which seems to have had a rough life, yet its odometer stood at 435.000 km last time I talked to the owner;

Over the past 30 years, the German TUV Report more or less consistently listed the Corolla as a car with remarkably low, mechanical or electrical failure rates at over 11 years of age.

Having said that, I also had a colleague in England whose Corolla died at 300.000 km. I think he could have fixed it, but probably simply figured the repair was more expensive than the car was worth, which is of course a killer argument for many.

I would say, expect 300.000 km minimum if serviced well and driven properly, more if you are willing to replace things every now and then

1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by iykololo(m): 7:07am On Nov 21, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by dayleke: 7:07am On Nov 21, 2019
Naija pples will tell you until all d nos are used up....
As long as it drives, no problem.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by englishmart(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2019
There's no mileage in Nigeria
We use our cars till they become useless

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by DenreleDave(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2019
No comment Cox I no get car

But lemme learn sha

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by FemiMaduka(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2019
There can be no fixed formula in determining this; it would largely depend on the quality of maintenance and the state of the surfaces it was driven on.

For instance, a car that racked up 10,000KM on highly standard roads would still be in a better condition compared to a car that has registered 3,000KM on very bad roads.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by Pidginwhisper: 7:08am On Nov 21, 2019
cool
Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by chrisifeanyi: 7:09am On Nov 21, 2019
I need that car
Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by Ebuka478(m): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2019
you mean a mileage upon which the car will cease to function?
Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 21, 2019
900,000miles

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by oriewanbe: 7:10am On Nov 21, 2019
Am here to check the answer too.
Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by drkay(m): 7:10am On Nov 21, 2019
At 185k, mine is still like it’s just starting.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by Unrated900(m): 7:11am On Nov 21, 2019
The maximum mileage of a Toyota Corolla is when the engine has finally knocked

Without that bro

fire down

36 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by kachoski007(m): 7:11am On Nov 21, 2019
Whats your problem with mileage oga?? Just continue to replace all parts until the vehicle becomes a new one..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by Trutherme: 7:12am On Nov 21, 2019
Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by Biingoo: 7:13am On Nov 21, 2019
See the speed I dey enter this thread at the sight of the word "mileage" before I come find out say na car op dey talk about sef. I'm out!! angry
Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:13am On Nov 21, 2019
shocked.
Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by elshanAutos: 7:14am On Nov 21, 2019
@Jossytech

It is highly unethical to use another persons write up without indicating source or giving due credit.
Look up plagiarism.

Meanwhile, for the corolla lovers grin
https://www.nairaland.com/5541916/toks-toyota-corolla-le-2009#84234985

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by Areaboy2(m): 7:15am On Nov 21, 2019
Oga.. Choose between miles or kilometres and stick to one.. You dey confuse personcheesy

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by adanny01(m): 7:21am On Nov 21, 2019
jossytech:
A quest to find the world’s most “no-nonsense, no headaches car,” and have owned two so far.

this video, where we can see the protagonists riding in an early 2000s Corolla in Brazzaville, Congo - we don’t see the actual mileage, but for a car to get this dented up would take a few miles:
How many km can Toyota Corolla last?
, Innovation Advisor
Originally Answered: How many miles will the average Toyota Corolla go?
I have become a fan of the Toyota Corolla while on a quest to find the world’s most “no-nonsense, no headaches car,” and have owned two so far.

A guy rode an early 2000s Corolla in Brazzaville, Congo - we don’t see the actual mileage, but for a car to get this dented up would take a few miles:
a friend of mine in Iraq ran a 1981 Corolla that had more than one million kilometres on the odometer with largely original running gear;
there is a mid 90s Corolla here in my village in Sweden which seems to have had a rough life, yet its odometer stood at 435.000 km last time I talked to the owner;

Over the past 30 years, the German TUV Report more or less consistently listed the Corolla as a car with remarkably low, mechanical or electrical failure rates at over 11 years of age.

Having said that, I also had a colleague in England whose Corolla died at 300.000 km. I think he could have fixed it, but probably simply figured the repair was more expensive than the car was worth, which is of course a killer argument for many.

I would say, expect 300.000 km minimum if serviced well and driven properly, more if you are willing to replace things every now and then

If 300,000km (186,411miles) is minimum, then that is very poor when 80% of cars imported to Nigeria come with 200k+miles.

My neighbor got a beautiful (I admit) clean low mileage 2008 Corolla and will not shut up on how he will never use Honda because of the transmission and leg issues.

Unfortunately, as clean as his car is, he is spending far more than me to maintain 2003 Accord.

At the moment he is looking for money to change the transmission because the transmission slips when going to 4. I have no transmission issues with my troublesome 2003 accord in 5years. This is the 3rd 2008 Corolla I know that are having such problem. This is apart from the hub bearings followed by the shocks, then finally AC that must be changed to manual compressor.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by Burgerlomo: 7:23am On Nov 21, 2019
Trutherme:

Most Toyota mileage life begins at 162k grin
Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by naijadrivablog: 7:24am On Nov 21, 2019
If the speedometer gets bad during its life and not repaired, we may never know.

OP, is this your opinion or copied (no reference cited)?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by money121(m): 7:26am On Nov 21, 2019
Ok
Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by chronique(m): 7:27am On Nov 21, 2019
The 2003-2007 Toyota corolla stops counting when its odometer clocks 299,999.00. I've seen that happen on about 3-4 different units. The engine would continue running fine but it won't rack up extra digits on the odometer.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by stamapro(m): 7:36am On Nov 21, 2019
Op this is a case of plagarism. That car is standard, one in every fleet of car owners, the mileage and the health of any car, has alot in common with the surface driven upon. Especially in third world countries.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by thedio(m): 7:39am On Nov 21, 2019
My car mileage is at 750,000km and is still running like tokunbo

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by ately1(m): 7:39am On Nov 21, 2019
BETTER
Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by lonelydora: 7:42am On Nov 21, 2019
We don't do that here in Nigeria
Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by Manufor(m): 7:49am On Nov 21, 2019
Baba just carry another person write up,. Copied and pasted it, twice even,. Ah ah, no credit to the writer,. You copied it, u didnt even observe you pasted it twice,Lol,. But on a more serious note,. Its unethical to lift someone's content without giving credit to him or her, people go to jail for that shii..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? by faith551(m): 7:53am On Nov 21, 2019
We use them till the odometer stops working smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Mercedes Benz / Cadillac Escala: Reimagining The Conventions Of Luxury Automobile (photos) / Rezvani Tank Is An Extreme Utility Vehicle Which Features Muscular Body Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.