Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

My Wife - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Wife (610 Views)

In Ramadan, My Wife Doesn't Want To Sleep With Me / My Wife Insults And Threatens My Fiancee' / Can I Do This For My Wife If She Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife by ganagagi: 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
Pls advise me my father said i should divorce one of my belove wife,what is d islamic rulling on this isue. because i seriusly love her and my insisted that i should divorce her
Re: My Wife by tbaba1234: 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
You are a grown man. You should find out why your father wants you to divorce her and talk with him and her.

As muslims, we are supposed to show respect to our parents and obey them but divorce is something disliked by Allah so you can disobey them in that regard...

See more from Islamqa:

Divorce with no acceptable reason is something that is hated by Allaah, because it destroys the blessings of marriage and exposes the family to destruction and the children to loss. It may also involve injustice towards the woman.

Based on this, he does not have to obey his parents and divorce his wife, and that is not regarded as being disobedient towards them. But the son should express his refusal to divorce her in a kind and gentle manner, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour

[al-Isra’ 17:23]
Re: My Wife by deols(f): 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
You are the one married to her and not your father.

You love her and finds no fault in her..so You have no problem and she should not. Keep your wife and protect her from your Father.

If there is a way of keeping them far away from each other, it would be helpful. I don't mean totally alienating one from the other but at least giving enough space for respect.

Father-in-laws should take the daughter in laws as theirs. He after all would not wish for this to happen to his own daughter.

But something else, is your wife making troubles with her co-wife?
Re: My Wife by maclatunji: 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
ganagagi: Pls advise me my father said i should divorce one of my belove wife,what is d islamic rulling on this isue. because i seriusly love her and my insisted that i should divorce her

My brother, I don't envy you O. Talk to your father one-on-one, why does you want you to divorce your wife? Let him spell it out. Once you know the reason, you can then take a rational decision.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Baby Born With Quran In Lagos / Difficulty With Peeing. / Quran: Test Your Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.