Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Need Answers From A Good Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Need Answers From A Good Christian (726 Views)

Vision Of Heaven And Hell: Few Questions that need answers. / I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion / Should A Good Christian Drink Alcohol? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Answers From A Good Christian by lafflaff123(m): 11:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
There are some parts the bible that I want somebody here to interpret clearly for me since I want to genuinely know these stuff for the better understanding of the bible.

When God destroyed Sodom and Lot's wife was turned to salt, the bible says Lot's daughter got him drunk and slept with him for procreation purposes.

So my questions are(A) Why did God allow it to happen since incest is sin? (B)does the bible in anyway encourage incest? (C)What exactly happened to those offspring's that came out of that incestuous meet?

Another part is the old and the new testament bible thing.

Our God is a never changing God and an all knowing God, so who changed most of the laws and doctrines from the old testament to the new one? for example in the old testament you could marry more than one wife but the new one frowns against it, there was the law of Moses (an eye for an eye) in the old book but the new one frowns against it.

The Celestial church still operates with the old testament( marry more than one wife, women in their menstrual circle are considered unclean, cant wear shoe to church).

The Catholic Church(first and oldest church) on the other hand says you have to pray to God through somebody( Virgin Mary or one saint or the other)which many consider to be idolatry, but why cant I pray to God directly? If the first man and woman procreated to have kids, why then is the Catholic stopping Priest from having a family? is it biblical and where in the bible does it say so?

It is very difficult being a Christian in these times but I will appreciate answers.
Re: Need Answers From A Good Christian by Victoriano(m): 11:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
my friend. hmmm. you have spoken truth. where do we get answers? basically, the wrong doctrines and good doctrines will forever be with our world.
Truth be told. Every answer comes from God and the Bible .
visit WWW.mountaingks.org.
Re: Need Answers From A Good Christian by honeychild(f): 1:44am On Apr 12, 2013
I suspect you of not being a Christian.....I think you are a Muslim, but for the record I will say:

1. Lot's daughters: was God supposed to arrest them and prevent them from doing the evil they had decided to do?
Did God say we should now follow their example?
The fact that they got their father drunk before hatching their plan shows that they knew they were wrong.

2. Old v. New: God revealed his purposes to man gradually, according to their ability to understand. Just as you lay foundation for Further Maths In S.S. 2 by teaching a nursery school child his 1,2, 3s, God laid a foundation for us to come to know him fully by starting with some preliminary commandments in the Old Testament. As time went on he started to introduce us to higher standards. The Bible says there shall be no end to our learning about God. Even in God's Kingdom, he shall continue to reveal more of himself to us and take us to ever higher levels.

3. Different teachings: The Bible has long ago predicted that many churches will fall away from the truth and formulate doctrines for themselves.:
1 Timothy 4:1-3:
Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will depart from the faith by giving heed to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, through the pretensions of liars whose consciences are seared, WHO FORBID MARRIAGE, and enjoin abstinence from food which God created to be received with thanksgiving.....

2 Tim 4:3
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings and will turn away from listening to the truth...

Many Christian churches have done just that.....you want to dress indecently...don't worry, God loves you. You want to marry many wives...don't worry it's ok.

We should not be surprised. It's Bible prophecy being fulfilled.
Re: Need Answers From A Good Christian by delkuf(m): 2:56am On Apr 12, 2013
since u knw d story of lot u must knw d story of adam. Y didnt God stop eve to eat of d fruit He told them not to eat of...... Choice. that is wht we have today. God will not push u. d choice is urs
Re: Need Answers From A Good Christian by ghostofsparta(m): 10:54am On Oct 05, 2014
lafflaff123:
There are some parts the bible that I want somebody here to interpret clearly for me since I want to genuinely know these stuff for the better understanding of the bible.

When God destroyed Sodom and Lot's wife was turned to salt, the bible says Lot's daughter got him drunk and slept with him for procreation purposes.

So my questions are(A) Why did God allow it to happen since incest is sin? (B)does the bible in anyway encourage incest? (C)What exactly happened to those offspring's that came out of that incestuous meet?

Another part is the old and the new testament bible thing.

Our God is a never changing God and an all knowing God, so who changed most of the laws and doctrines from the old testament to the new one? for example in the old testament you could marry more than one wife but the new one frowns against it, there was the law of Moses (an eye for an eye) in the old book but the new one frowns against it.

The Celestial church still operates with the old testament( marry more than one wife, women in their menstrual circle are considered unclean, cant wear shoe to church).

The Catholic Church(first and oldest church) on the other hand says you have to pray to God through somebody( Virgin Mary or one saint or the other)which many consider to be idolatry, but why cant I pray to God directly? If the first man and woman procreated to have kids, why then is the Catholic stopping Priest from having a family? is it biblical and where in the bible does it say so?

It is very difficult being a Christian in these times but I will appreciate answers.

[size=28pt]99.9% of religious critics keep getting something wrong, i.e. atheists, critics and theologians including you. When analyzing Islam or Christianity, stop generalizing on God, be specific as to which God by referring to the Yahweh of the Tora/Bible and Allah of the Q'uran. No race, tribe or ethnicity has exclusive right to the English term 'God' ?[/size]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua's Name / T.B. JOSHUA Recieve Award From Arewa Youth Form, Northern Nigeria / Activating The Supernatural - Winning Each Day Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.