Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

How To Use Netstumbler For Scanning Wireless Networks - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Use Netstumbler For Scanning Wireless Networks (8180 Views)

How Do I Hack Wireless Networks That Are Ticket Based? / Does Scanning Of Pictures Requires Ink? / How To Hack Wireless/lan Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Netstumbler For Scanning Wireless Networks by Xhammy: 9:38am On Apr 12, 2013
How to use NetStumbler for Scanning Wireless Networks?
1. Download the NetStumbler and Install it.

2. Run the NetStumbler. Then it will automatically starts scanning the wireless Networks around you.

3. Once its completed, you will see the complete list of wireless networks around you as shown in thesnapshot below:

hacking wifi, hacking wireless,hacking wireless modem
List of Wireless Networks Scanned by NetStumbler
There you will see different columns such as MAC, SSID, SPEED, VENDOR, TYPE and much more...

4. Now select anyone of the MAC address that you wish to hack and want to explore more about that. If you click on the MAC address of one of the discovered wireless networks under channels, you will see a graph that shows the wireless network’s signal strength. The more green and the less spaces are there,it indicates better is signal strength.

5. As you can see NetStumbler provides a lot more than just the name (SSID) of the wireless network. It provides the MAC address, Channel number,encryption type, and a bunch more. All of these come in use when we decides that we wants to get in the secured network by cracking the encryption.

There are two most common types of Encryption Methods used by Wireless Networks:
a. WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) – WEP isn’t considered safe anymore. Many flaws have been discovered that allow hackers to crack a WEP key easily. I will explain how to hack the WEP in next tutorial so guys keep reading..
b. WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) – WAP is the currently the most secure and best option to secure your wireless network. It’s not as easily cracked as WEP because the only way to retrieve a WAP key is
to use a brute-force or dictionary attack. If your key is secure enough, a dictionary attack won’t work and it could take decades to crack it if you brute-force it. This is why most hackers don’t even bother. But I will explain you smarter ways to hack WAP keys also rather than these noobish methods. I will explain this in my next consecutive tutorials. So guys keep visiting.

Thats all about scanning the wireless networks, if you want that i should explain the other tools then please post in comments. I can explain them in future on demand.
Now how can protect our wireless network from scanned by NetStumber
Re: How To Use Netstumbler For Scanning Wireless Networks by jesumbo: 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
How can I hack my Glo modem

Xhammy :

How to use NetStumbler for Scanning Wireless Networks?
1. Download the NetStumbler and Install it.

2. Run the NetStumbler. Then it will automatically starts scanning the wireless Networks around you.

3. Once its completed, you will see the complete list of wireless networks around you as shown in thesnapshot below:

hacking wifi, hacking wireless,hacking wireless modem
List of Wireless Networks Scanned by NetStumbler
There you will see different columns such as MAC, SSID, SPEED, VENDOR, TYPE and much more...

4. Now select anyone of the MAC address that you wish to hack and want to explore more about that. If you click on the MAC address of one of the discovered wireless networks under channels, you will see a graph that shows the wireless network’s signal strength. The more green and the less spaces are there,it indicates better is signal strength.

5. As you can see NetStumbler provides a lot more than just the name (SSID) of the wireless network. It provides the MAC address, Channel number,encryption type, and a bunch more. All of these come in use when we decides that we wants to get in the secured network by cracking the encryption.

There are two most common types of Encryption Methods used by Wireless Networks:
a. WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) – WEP isn’t considered safe anymore. Many flaws have been discovered that allow hackers to crack a WEP key easily. I will explain how to hack the WEP in next tutorial so guys keep reading..
b. WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) – WAP is the currently the most secure and best option to secure your wireless network. It’s not as easily cracked as WEP because the only way to retrieve a WAP key is
to use a brute-force or dictionary attack. If your key is secure enough, a dictionary attack won’t work and it could take decades to crack it if you brute-force it. This is why most hackers don’t even bother. But I will explain you smarter ways to hack WAP keys also rather than these noobish methods. I will explain this in my next consecutive tutorials. So guys keep visiting.

Thats all about scanning the wireless networks, if you want that i should explain the other tools then please post in comments. I can explain them in future on demand.
Now how can protect our wireless network from scanned by NetStumber
Re: How To Use Netstumbler For Scanning Wireless Networks by oluebubesyd(m): 10:53am On Apr 14, 2013
Do help us
Fingers Crossed.
Re: How To Use Netstumbler For Scanning Wireless Networks by sparko1(m): 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2013
Waiting

(1) (Reply)

Three Things You Don't Know You Can Do With Vlc Media Player / How Can I Remove Recycler Virus?? / Buy This Laptop With 20, 000 Naira Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.