Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,907 members, 7,952,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:18 PM

Toyota Camry 2001 V6: Overheating Even After Replacing The Gasket And Radiator - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2001 V6: Overheating Even After Replacing The Gasket And Radiator (2236 Views)

Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / Toyota Highlander 2001 V6 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2001 V6: Overheating Even After Replacing The Gasket And Radiator by ladiesluv4(m): 3:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
I bought a fairly used toyota camry 2001 v6, last year november and has been ok till feb.,i was in a serious traffic in ikeja for a long time and the temp gauge went over the half mark even after switching off the A/C and the reserve thank filled and was coming out thru the reserve vent and smoking, after then its been doing the same thing. I have changed the radiator to double cell and replaced the top gasket, its still the same thing.....pls need suggestions.....
Re: Toyota Camry 2001 V6: Overheating Even After Replacing The Gasket And Radiator by unforgiven: 5:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
ladiesluv4: I bought a fairly used toyota camry 2001 v6, last year november and has been ok till feb.,i was in a serious traffic in ikeja for a long time and the temp gauge went over the half mark even after switching off the A/C and the reserve thank filled and was coming out thru the reserve vent and smoking, after then its been doing the same thing. I have changed the radiator to double cell and replaced the top gasket, its still the same thing.....pls need suggestions.....

you need to really explain very well if you want someone to advice you. i dont understand the bolded part
Re: Toyota Camry 2001 V6: Overheating Even After Replacing The Gasket And Radiator by Marpol: 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2013
Tell your mechanic to manually check all the hoses leading to and from the radiator. With the radiator cap off start the engine and check to see if the water in the radiator is swirling around. That is to check your water pump and also check if your fans are working.
Re: Toyota Camry 2001 V6: Overheating Even After Replacing The Gasket And Radiator by ladiesluv4(m): 7:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
what i meant is when its overheating, smoke will be coming out by the side of the bonette and when i open my bonnette the radaitor reserve tank will be filled with water and water coming out thru the reserve tank vent
the temp gauge would have risen
Re: Toyota Camry 2001 V6: Overheating Even After Replacing The Gasket And Radiator by ladiesluv4(m): 7:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
thanks alot....will do dat tommorrow mornin
Re: Toyota Camry 2001 V6: Overheating Even After Replacing The Gasket And Radiator by Emperoh(m): 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
I think you radiator was over filled.
People make this mistake often. When the reservoir is filled over the marked level, you deny the system a breathing space.
Over heating starts
Re: Toyota Camry 2001 V6: Overheating Even After Replacing The Gasket And Radiator by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2013
ladiesluv4: I bought a fairly used toyota camry 2001 v6, last year november and has been ok till feb.,i was in a serious traffic in ikeja for a long time and the temp gauge went over the half mark even after switching off the A/C and the reserve thank filled and was coming out thru the reserve vent and smoking, after then its been doing the same thing. I have changed the radiator to double cell and replaced the top gasket, its still the same thing.....pls need suggestions.....

half mark is the normal reading temperature and just above it still is ok since your were stuck in traffic, meaning that there was no air blowing into the radiator (you were stationary)

this is where the fan takes over, when the temperature reaches 89-99 degrees then the fan kicks to blower air into the radiator (the car is stationary not air flowing into the radiator )

but if you are driving air is forced into the radiator grill by the movement and speed of the car

(1) (Reply)

Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? / Will You Buy This Jeep? / Clean 2010 Honda Accord (evil Spirit) - TOKS - For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.