Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story (3821 Views)

Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story by dorox(m): 12:23am On Apr 14, 2013
At first blush, the story of Romeo and Juliet might not seem all that similar to that of Adam and Eve, but in fact they are quite close, sharing the same themes of sacrifice and defiance, of passionate love and total devotion to each other such that living life without the other becomes worse than death.
The Romeo and Juliet story is well known, so i won't be dwelling on it as much as that of Adam and Eve that is relatively unknown.
Recall that Adam became sad and despondent because he was lonely, there was none of his kind in the beautiful garden he could relate with and imagine how he must have felt on seeing Eve for the first time to have exclaimed; bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh! It was indeed love at first sight.
Adam ate the fruit not because he was naive of the outcome,he new that eating it comes with a death sentence for the scripture tells us in 1Tim 2:14 that the man was not deceived. If he wasn't deceived, why did he eat the fruit? The answer is simple, Eve had already eaten the fruit(poison) that brings death and knowing that she was going to die, Adam made the fatal decision to die with her rather than to live in God's beautiful garden forever without his Eve.
Adam loved Eve more than God and life to him was meaningless without Eve, so he rebelled against God, choosing to die with his wife rather than facing life alone and unhappy.
Their love in many ways was like that of romeo and Juliet. It was deep, it was passionate and it was total. And like Romeo and Juliet, it was also selfish, self-centered and very irresponsible the sacrifice they were willing to make on account of their love irrespective of the effect it might have on others.

3 Likes

Re: Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story by PastorOluT(m): 4:17am On Apr 14, 2013
Thoughtful, like that and bless you.
Re: Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story by tobechi74: 8:59am On Apr 14, 2013
Romantic piece
Re: Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story by dorox(m): 10:45am On Apr 14, 2013
tobechi74: Romantic piece
Pastor Olu T: Thoughtful, like that and bless you.
Thanks for your positive feedback, I am glad you liked it even though it could have been written much better than i managed.
Re: Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story by ninja4life(m): 10:51am On Apr 14, 2013
Haha i never even give d story as much thought as dat nice interpretation though
Re: Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story by dorox(m): 5:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
ninja4life: Haha i never even give d story as much thought as dat nice interpretation though
The thought only came to me after i asked myself what would make a perfect man like Adam to accept the forbidden fruit if he wan't deceived.
Re: Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story by PastorOluT(m): 9:45pm On Apr 14, 2013
dorox:
The thought only came to me after i asked myself what would make a perfect man like Adam to accept the forbidden fruit if he wan't deceived.

This piece make enough sense and scriptural, if you can think like this then i expect more from you wink

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 01, 2013
A tragic mythical story indeed.
Re: Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 01, 2013
Good move by Adam.. cheesy

Pity we can't say the same about the father of faith, Abraham.. ready to sacrifice his son because a voice in his head told him so...

1 Like

Re: Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:47am On Jun 01, 2013
Back in those days, daddy will sit me on the mat and tell me interesting stories. Tortoise and Yarinbo is like that sunday school story :Adam and Eve. Nothing to move me on that. Just a story to wave away time

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The False Prophet Talked About In Revelation 20:10? / What Makes Chewing Gum During Service In Church Wrong? / Do Animals Have Rights? [argumentative Discussion]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.