Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. (10314 Views)

This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) / Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire / Hell Fire Is NOT Real! Don't Be Deceived By Any Pastors: BIBLE PROOFS INSIDE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
One man who is out to open many old “secrets” in the Catholic church is Pope Francis.
Some of the beliefs that are held in the church but contrary to the loving nature of God are now being set aside by the Pope who was recently named The Man of The Year by TIME Magazine . In his latest revelations, Pope Francis said:

“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity.
God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

In a shocking speech that is reverberating across the world, Pope Francis declared that: “All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God.”
In the last six months, Catholic cardinals, bishops and theologians have been deliberating in the Vatican City, in discussing the future of the church and redefining long-held Catholic doctrines and dogmas. The Third Vatican Council, is the largest and most important since the Second Vatican Council was concluded in 1962.
Pope Francis convened the new council to “finally finish the work of the Second Vatican Council.”
The Third Vatican Council concluded with Pope Francis announcing that… Catholicism is now a “modern and reasonable religion, which has undergone evolutionary changes. The time has come to abandon all intolerance. We must recognize that religious truth evolves and changes. Truth is not absolute or set in stone. Even atheists acknowledge the divine. Through acts of love and charity the atheist acknowledges God as well, and redeems his own soul, becoming an active participant in the redemption of humanity.”
One statement in the Pope’s speech has sent traditionalists into a fit of confusion and hysteria… “God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. The Bible is a beautiful holy book, but like all great and ancient works, some passages are outdated. Some even call for intolerance or judgement. The time has come to see these verses as later interpolations, contrary to the message of love and truth, which otherwise radiates through scripture. In accordance with our new understanding, we will begin to ordain women as cardinals, bishops and priests. In the future, it is my hope that we will have a woman pope one day. Let no door be closed to women that is open to men!”

source: TV

2 Likes

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Tallesty1(m): 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
And your source is Trendy wetin

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Emyogalanya: 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hear this op and ur like that keep inciting us christians UPON THIS ROCK I'L BUILD MY CHURCH AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT. WHEN THE ENEMY COMES IN LIKE A FLOOD THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD WILL RAISE UP A STANDARD AGAINST HIM. If we say one word against mohammed you start boiling over allah is a running a brothel giving 72 prostitutes to terrorist idiots seun be warned

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Dsaintprodigy(m): 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
Wetin man pikin no go read 4 NL

2 Likes

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by KAPOVee: 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
I don't believe it
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Emyogalanya: 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
They keep attacking christianity with all forms of lies and we keep growing and waxing strong no man can fight against God almighty and succeed. I've said it allah and God are not one and same person one has a son the other does not have and is jealous of him and want to pull down the kingdom of God. The bible tells us devil know that there is only one God and he trembles cos there's no chance for him to climb unto that holy throne
Dsaintprodigy:

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
Be careful, lest ANYONE (whether pope or not) deceives you. The first people created by God were Adam and Eve, and it was through them (though not directly) that Jesus came to the world. If the story of Adam and Eve is fable, then Jesus did not exist and we christians are wasting our time believing in Jesus that doesn't exist.

If hell fire does not exist, why will Jesus tell believers that it were better to go to heaven maimed than to go to hell with one's body intact? Why will the Devil, Death, the world of the dead and those whose names will not be found in the Book of Life be thrown into a place that does not exist (hell fire) on the judgement day?
If hell does not exist, why will Jesus leave His throne in heaven and come to the earth and even died for the sins of the world?

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
Tallesty1:
And your source is Trendy wetin

you want to see Catholic related site before you believe? check that site, perhaps you'll find the main source there.
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
Be careful, lest ANYONE (whether pope or not) deceives you. The first people created by God were Adam and Eve, and it was through them (though not directly) that Jesus came to the world. If the story of Adam and Eve is fable, then Jesus did not exist and we christians are wasting our time believing in Jesus that doesn't exist.

If hell fire does not exist, why will Jesus tell believers that it were better to go to heaven maimed than to go to hell with one's body intact? Why will the Devil, Death, the world of the dead and those whose names will not be found in the Book of Life be thrown into a place that does not exist (hell fire) on the judgement day?
If hell does not exist, why will Jesus leave His throne in heaven and come to the earth and even died for the sins of the world?

if Jesus really died for your sins in advance, why are born again Christians still scared of hell?
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
KAPOVee:
I don't believe it
because it's not in your bulletin?

3 Likes

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
Dsaintprodigy:

hehehehe... this is the age of information
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
Emyogalanya:
Hear this op and ur like that keep inciting us christians UPON THIS ROCK I'L BUILD MY CHURCH AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT. WHEN THE ENEMY COMES IN LIKE A FLOOD THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD WILL RAISE UP A STANDARD AGAINST HIM. If we say one word against mohammed you start boiling over allah is a running a brothel giving 72 prostitutes to terrorist idiots seun be warned

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Addietunes(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
If the story of Adam and Eve is fable, then Jesus did not exist and we christians are wasting our time believing in Jesus that doesn't exist.
h?[/quote)

Whether u like it or not, what you said here is the Truth. Now its up to u to believe it or not.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Barnabaseloka(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
emrain:

if Jesus really died for your sins in advance, why are born again Christians still scared of hell?
I don't really understand what you have posted. Can you make it clearer so that I can reply it?
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Barnabaseloka(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
Addietunes:
If the story of Adam and Eve is fable, then Jesus did not exist and we christians are wasting our time believing in Jesus that doesn't exist.
h?[/quote)

Whether u like it or not, what you said here is the Truth. Now its up to u to believe it or not.
What is your post supposed to mean? Know that I believe in Jesus and I believe in God's word that said that Adam and Eve were created by God, not as a fable, but as a reality.
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by charlsecy(m): 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by plaetton: 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
Emyogalanya:
They keep attacking christianity with all forms of lies and we keep growing and waxing strong no man can fight against God almighty and succeed. I've said it allah and God are not one and same person one has a son the other does not have and is jealous of him and want to pull down the kingdom of God. The bible tells us devil know that there is only one God and he trembles cos there's no chance for him to climb unto that holy throne

Be honest my friend.
This bogey called christianity was sold to our forefathers before they even had iota of what it was about or represented, and by those who came with an ulterior motives.
Do you dispute that?

Now, be honest again. Do you think that you know what your religion is all about, was all about, before you became a christian?

The third question is do you think that you know and understand christianity more than the pope, bishop of Rome?

Cant you see and reason that we Africans are one of the last few people still holding the bag?

Pope Francis is trying to do the noble thing of socially re - engineering us, humanity I general, away from Lethal Mythology. The Lethal Mythologies that pits one side of humanity against his brother.

You see, in the past, The Catholic Church, the Mother Church, believed that truth was so precious, so fragile, so dangerous, that it had to be guarded and protected by battalions of lies.

Now, things have changed. Science has demystified much about life and the universe.
So, Motherchurch is having a rethink, a make over.

SOCIAL ENGINEERING, My friend, SOCIAL ENGINEERING.

That's what this pope is doing.
It is MotherChurch's way of redressing millenia of lies, fraud and cultural genocide.

11 Likes

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by plaetton: 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
It is funny and at the same time very sad that people of the Africa, referred to by early missionaries as the dark continent, are the chief defenders and protectors of LETHAL MYTHOLOGIES that we has been hoodwinked into buying few hundred years ago, the same LETHAL MYTHOLOGIES that are still holding us prisoners, and from which our original captors, represented by Pope Francis, is now trying to liberate us.

3 Likes

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Emyogalanya: 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
And who told all goods in the market must be bought by everyone who comes to the market if you dont buy leave others to buy it now can you be honest and analyse the islamic faith too or was it part of our culture did the arabs not bring that too abi na only christianity be foreign religion
plaetton:

Be honest my friend.
This bogey called christianity was sold to our forefathers before they even had iota of what it was about or represented, and by those who came with an ulterior motives.
Do you dispute that?

Now, be honest again. Do you think that you know what your religion is all about, was all about, before you became a christian?

The third question is do you think that you know and understand christianity more than the pope, bishop of Rome?

Cant you see and reason that we Africans are one of the last few people still holding the bag?

Pope Francis is trying to do the noble thing of socially re - engineering us, humanity I general, away from Lethal Mythology. The Lethal Mythologies that pits one side of humanity against his brother.

You see, in the past, The Catholic Church, the Mother Church, believed that truth was so precious, so fragile, so dangerous, that it had to be guarded and protected by battalions of lies.

Now, things have changed. Science has demystified much about life and the universe.

It is MotherChurch's way of redressing millenia of lies, fraud and cultural genocide.

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Ranchhoddas: 1:18am On Jun 15, 2015
plaetton:

Be honest my friend.
Do you dispute that?

The pope did not and can never say this.This is a fabrication.
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by plaetton: 1:32am On Jun 15, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
The pope did not and can never say this.This is a fabrication.

Actually, he has. Many times and in different ways.
He had hinted last year, and I mentioned it here on NL, that scriptures will need to be reread with new understanding.
This was a hint that old myths have to be dropped to bring christianity to the present.
This means that new meanings will have to be given to old beliefs.

Don't forget that motherchurch is the pre eminent pioneer of social engineering.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:32am On Jun 15, 2015
plaetton:

Be honest my friend.
Do you dispute that?

did you lose the ability to differentiate false information from truth or you are just happy to agree with anything that seemingly agree with you?
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:38am On Jun 15, 2015
Councils are not secret event held in private and the last one was the vatical II council, there is no such thing as a vatican III, don't be decieved, no catholic pope or cadinal or council has the power to change dogmas, no even pope francis.
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by plaetton: 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ubenedictus:

did you lose the ability to differentiate false information from truth or you are just happy to agree with anything that seemingly agree with you?

My dear friend
I believe we have had this discussion before. I stated then that Pappi is on a social re - engineering crusade, designed to align christianity with the present.
Pappi has said as much that christians must seek new understanding for old scriptures.
This, of course, is a code word for re-evaluation and revision of what were previously assumed to be sacred truths.

This is the way it has always been since first century AD.

Do I understand that you are among those resisting change?

Do not forget that social engineering is usually targeted at the future, and less about the present.
My point is that Pappi 's new messages are for young and future generations of christians, not for irredeemable oldies like you.
cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
plaetton:

My dear friend
I believe we have had this discussion before. I stated then that Pappi is on a social re - engineering crusade, designed to align christianity with the present.
Pappi has said as much that christians must seek new understanding for old scriptures.
This, of course, is a code word for re-evaluation and revision of what were previously assumed to be sacred truths.

Do not forget that social engineering is usually targeted at the future, and less about the present.
My point is that Pappi 's new messages are for young and future generations of christians, not for irredeemable oldies like you.
cheesy

you have a valid point here.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:55am On Jun 16, 2015
plaetton:

My dear friend

cheesy

my dear, I have no problem if you believe the Catholic church is in the business of social re-engineering, you have the right to hold and keep your opinions, but the story above is untrue. there is no such thing as a vatican 3 council were new doctrines were made, for about 40yrs there have been no general council in the catholic church. It is a bit funny the way you jump at any story that seems to confirm your preconcieved ideas even though they are untrue. Isn't it funny that the so-called news is not in any reputable news media and can't be found on any catholic or vatican site.
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 20, 2015
Ubenedictus:

my dear, I have no problem if you believe the Catholic church is in the business of social re-engineering, you have the right to hold and keep your opinions, but the story above is untrue. there is no such thing as a vatican 3 council were new doctrines were made, for about 40yrs there have been no general council in the catholic church. It is a bit funny the way you jump at any story that seems to confirm your preconcieved ideas even though they are untrue. Isn't it funny that the so-called news is not in any reputable news media and can't be found on any catholic or vatican site.

The source have been updated.
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:42am On Aug 28, 2015
emrain:

The source have been updated.
lol
source is TV right?
Absolutely funny
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Nobody: 5:54am On Aug 28, 2015
Ubenedictus:
lol

source is TV right?

Absolutely funny

tongue
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 28, 2015
emrain:
One man who is out to open many old “secrets” in the Catholic church is Pope Francis.
Some of the beliefs that are held in the church but contrary to the loving nature of God are now being set aside by the Pope who was recently named The Man of The Year by TIME Magazine . In his latest revelations, Pope Francis said:

“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity.
God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

In a shocking speech that is reverberating across the world, Pope Francis declared that: “All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God.”
In the last six months, Catholic cardinals, bishops and theologians have been deliberating in the Vatican City, in discussing the future of the church and redefining long-held Catholic doctrines and dogmas. The Third Vatican Council, is the largest and most important since the Second Vatican Council was concluded in 1962.
Pope Francis convened the new council to “finally finish the work of the Second Vatican Council.”
The Third Vatican Council concluded with Pope Francis announcing that… Catholicism is now a “modern and reasonable religion, which has undergone evolutionary changes. The time has come to abandon all intolerance. We must recognize that religious truth evolves and changes. Truth is not absolute or set in stone. Even atheists acknowledge the divine. Through acts of love and charity the atheist acknowledges God as well, and redeems his own soul, becoming an active participant in the redemption of humanity.”
One statement in the Pope’s speech has sent traditionalists into a fit of confusion and hysteria… “God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. The Bible is a beautiful holy book, but like all great and ancient works, some passages are outdated. Some even call for intolerance or judgement. The time has come to see these verses as later interpolations, contrary to the message of love and truth, which otherwise radiates through scripture. In accordance with our new understanding, we will begin to ordain women as cardinals, bishops and priests. In the future, it is my hope that we will have a woman pope one day. Let no door be closed to women that is open to men!”

source: TV

What is the name of that TV station, what program was it that he spoke the above, and at what time?

U can share a link from a reputable news agency let's see.

It is not new tho that catholic does not believe Adam and Eve story as a real life story. I think they dont also accept Jonah and fish story as real life story. That one is not new, but hellfire issue is new. I find it hard to believe. Maybe good source can convince me
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Wow....this is really interesting.

Will they stop worshipping Mary too?
Re: Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. by Addietunes(m): 10:57am On Aug 28, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

There, you have just told yourself the truth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Yoruba Traditional Belief Of Afterlife? / How To Activate Your Faith To Get What You Need / Most Nigeria Top Pastors Are Tied To Ilorin(kwara State)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.