Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Top 20 Evil Bible Stories - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 20 Evil Bible Stories (3620 Views)

Some Funny Memes That Tell Bible Stories / 7 Ways People Enter Into Evil Covenants / My Book Of Bible Stories. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by ooman(m): 6:39am On Apr 15, 2013
greatgenius: none of those "atrocities" were done by God.. all those acts were done by people-low level intelligent beings- and attributing it to God.. people did and still do all kinds of "evil" things in the name of God-doesn't mean God actually asked them to..

then you haven't read the op or the bible.
Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by mantraa: 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2013
Who mercilessly killed all the first born children in Egypt? Was that not god?
Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by plaetton: 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
NL member:
You want proof?
Ok, look around you. See how perfect the world is? The sun and moon are in perfect orbit, if there was even 1cm difference between them then life on earth will be impossible.
That shows that God created the world.

I guess an earthquake that destroys and kills many also clearly show how wonderful god's work is.
Lets have a clap of hands for god!.
What went wrong? why the earthquakes, why the fault lines, why the desert, why the famines?
Why disease?
Did someone piss him off?
Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by mazaje(m): 9:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
NL member:
You want proof?
Ok, look around you. See how perfect the world is? The sun and moon are in perfect orbit, if there was even 1cm difference between them then life on earth will be impossible.
That shows that God created the world.

Non of what you said is true. . .The moon is actually moving away from the earth and has been emprically shown to be true. . .The distnce of the earth to the sun varies, it is NOT fixed. . .read and learn. .

"The average distance from the Earth to the Sun is 150 million km. Keep in mind that this is just an average. In reality, the Earth’s orbit around the Sun is elliptical. This means that it follows the path of an ellipse around the Sun, and not a perfect circle.
When the Earth is at its closest point to the Sun, which astronomers call perihelion, it’s only 147 million km.
And when the Earth is at its furthest point from the Sun, astronomers call this aphelion. At this point, Earth is 152 million km from the Sun."

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/14437/how-far-is-earth-from-the-sun/#ixzz2QevZ82OU
Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
wiegraf:

I concur, just like the banana (which happens to have been manipulated by....humans) is the perfectly shaped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4n

(Lengthy) Excerpt about Yahweh's shenanigans, here
Interesting article about bananas. I never knew that before.
Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
mazaje:

Non of what you said is true. . .The moon is actually moving away from the earth and has been emprically shown to be true. . .The distnce of the earth to the sun varies, it is NOT fixed. . .read and learn. .

"The average distance from the Earth to the Sun is 150 million km. Keep in mind that this is just an average. In reality, the Earth’s orbit around the Sun is elliptical. This means that it follows the path of an ellipse around the Sun, and not a perfect circle.
When the Earth is at its closest point to the Sun, which astronomers call perihelion, it’s only 147 million km.
And when the Earth is at its furthest point from the Sun, astronomers call this aphelion. At this point, Earth is 152 million km from the Sun."

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/14437/how-far-is-earth-from-the-sun/#ixzz2QevZ82OU

Thanks for the info dude, but I'm actually an atheist. I was only sarcastically using one of the fake scientific arguments religious people use when trying to prove that god created the world.
Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by mantraa: 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
Where have all the Christians gone?
Will you please explain why you worship and love a supernatural mass murdering psychopath.
Is this god really your moral guide for how to live your life?

As an Atheist, I believe that these atrocities committed by God are all crimes against humanity.
Are atheists more moral than Christians and the cruel god they continue to worship?
Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by kambo(m): 10:48pm On Apr 16, 2013
hmm nice one , in addition. For christians heaven isnt gauranteed christians name can be blotted out of d book of life. 2.) in dat day, judgement day, according to Jesus- some men of god will b shocked tht they're denied heaven after years of meritorious christian service ! Mouth agape they'll ask Jesus "i cast out devils in your name, i healed d sick, i made the blind sea i .. " but all thse pleas will fall on deaf ears! - God wont even remember All their years of service. 3.) true lil children too will be thrown into d lake of fire! Very good people wu never did any wrong infact people wu were world famous received merit awards etc all because they didnt "receive Jesus! As their lord and saviour" just that. 4.) infact god is so wicked he is sending over 80 percnt of the world he creatd to Hell he is so merciless ... How can a Kind God send some1 to hell? Beats me.... So poster here are 4 more points to add to ur list of a "wicked god"..
Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by mantraa: 11:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
Not only has this 'loving god' committed the worst possible crimes against humanity, he has prepared a place of relentless torture for all eternity after you die.
For the crime of your great great great great etc grandfather eating a fruit you will be burned and viciously, mercilessly tormented for not just 1 week. Not just 1 year. Not even just a thousand years. Not a million years, but billions and billions of years for all eternity.

This is not the actions of a loving god. This is the most barbaric, sadistic, and cruel character ever invented by man to instill fear and control over other men and women.
This is what the Christian God plans to do to humans in the name of love. This video has been censored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOTfNqis44
Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by Creatrixity(m): 11:45pm On Apr 16, 2013
NL member:
Thanks for the info dude, but I'm actually an atheist. I was only sarcastically using one of the fake scientific arguments religious people use when trying to prove that god created the world.
Lmao!You plonker!I was right about the sarcasm.Actually to me it was never resolved.I just did not have the disposition for a debate.
Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:10am On Apr 17, 2013
[size=32pt]THESE ACTIONS BY YAHWEH ARE JUSTIFIABLE! YOU NEED THE DIVINE INSIGHT TO SEE THROUGH THESE THINZ BY THE GRACE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT! MAY THE HOLY SPIRIT AND BLOOD AND FLESH OF JESUS GUIDE YOU! MAY YOU EAT HIS BLOOD AND DRINK HIS FLESH! JESUS OUR LORD SAVIOUR! COME TO ME![/size]
Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by Heatblast(m): 12:20am On Apr 17, 2013
kambo: hmm nice one , in addition. For christians heaven isnt gauranteed christians name can be blotted out of d book of life. 2.) in dat day, judgement day, according to Jesus- some men of god will b shocked tht they're denied heaven after years of meritorious christian service ! Mouth agape they'll ask Jesus "i cast out devils in your name, i healed d sick, i made the blind sea i .. " but all thse pleas will fall on deaf ears! - God wont even remember All their years of service. 3.) true lil children too will be thrown into d lake of fire! Very good people wu never did any wrong infact people wu were world famous received merit awards etc all because they didnt "receive Jesus! As their lord and saviour" just that. 4.) infact god is so wicked he is sending over 80 percnt of the world he creatd to Hell he is so merciless ... How can a Kind God send some1 to hell? Beats me.... So poster here are 4 more points to add to ur list of a "wicked god"..

Aren't you the christian arguing with ooman on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1249783/10-reasons-why-former-pastor/1#1249783.49
Re: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories by kambo(m): 2:03am On Apr 17, 2013
sure i am.. Just helping d poster find som wick'd thngs abt God to post abt..can't u see his list aint complete?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miss Linda Died And Was Approaching The Gates Of Heaven / Orunmila (IFA) Is The Original Jesus Christ. / Benson Idahosa Impacting Reinhard Bonnke In 1985 Lagos Crusade (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.