Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? (14991 Views)

Types Of Husband: Men What Type Are You? Women What type Is Your Hubby?? / Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? / Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by chimez4christ(m): 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
it isnt wrong bt u shud let him knw b4 u take it..because he might planned 2 use it 4 sumtin crios..
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by biolabee(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2013
kulyie: lmao you keep 5k on the dash board in the house shocked that money will be used to go and do my hair or paint my nails and return the remaining change there if there is cheesy :p

If you be my wife I go dey hide my dough from you or inside padlocked vanity case make you no embarass me for rainy day tongue
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by dammytosh: 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
It is wrong.

Taking something that does not belong to you without the person's consent is calling STEALING.

If you need the cash, ask him in a sexy voice. "Baby i will need #800.00 change from your pocket"

What if he had plan to take a cab and discovered the money is not there after entering the cab. That is an unnecessary embarrassment all in the name of What is yours is mine.

And to some of you screaming "Nigerian Man mentality". Unfortunately you don't even have a passport. You better wake up to the reality that you will get married to a Nigerian Man for now.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by TableLeg(m): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
chimez4christ: it isnt wrong bt u shud let him knw b4 u take it..because he might planned 2 use it 4 sumtin crios..

Are you kidding me? It is not wrong?!
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by madjune(m): 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
A GOOD HAND DRAWING ARTIST IS NEEDED IN LAGOS ASAP FOR A PROJECT. 080 334 17407.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Valto(m): 1:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
afrobaby: Wetin perso no go hear from nairaland so taking money from my hubby's pocket na stealig, haba, which kain love una dey practise so,

I take money from my hubby's wallet as I deem fit(u hardly see money in his pocket, if u like, wash 20 of his trousers in a day, u no go find kobo),even withdraw using his ATM as I like, why? cos he knows I dont spend lavishly, if for any reason I take his money, then it is a good reason, that is what I term trust in marriage, even when he receives alert from any of his banks for an atm withdrawal, he just calls me to confirm if I was the one that performs that transaction, and if I take money from his wallet, I tell him after, mostly not before, at times we even joke about it like
wifey: if anyone is looking for money, let him not curse o, na him love take am o
hubby: if anyone is looking for chicken/meat/fish, let her not be annoyed o, na her love eat am.

It is part of fun and love,
this is nice. i pray my future union be filled with understanding and trust like this! marriage is a union.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by omo9ja1(m): 1:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
its all about understanding, but few comments already pointed that is better you inform him/her before you take money from his/her pocket/wallet.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by badmeat(m): 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
You be thief!ask before you take,imagine ya kids taking after you
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by searay(m): 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
taryour: The answer to your question depends on the kind of man you are married to. You alone know his likes,if you know he doesn't like it and you go ahead and do it then you looked for trouble and deserve whatever comes out of it. And for those that their hubby don't mind,courtesy demands that you inform him before or after you have taken it to prevent issues. Some men like to keep changes in their pockets for reasons known to them so as we women so when you now get there and can't find it is annoying. I know a man who forgets his wallet a lot at home or in his car and always has extra money in his pocket.that's my hubby so I don't go to his pocket so I don't get into trouble rather I wouldn't even mind putting more in his pocket for him sef.

Am sure he would even read this post and smile to himself cause I don complain tire oo.
abeg u still get sister where marry yet?
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2013

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Valto(m): 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
nagoma:

Your husband has married a thief. You will graduate to stealing hundreds of thousands. You cannot be recommended for certain jobs. If you find yourself as a bank cashier you will end up in prison. If I was your husband I would hand you over to the police and get a well bred wife who knows the definition of stealing and abhors it.
^^^typical nigerian man!! marriage is a union. she is free to take as long she notifies him.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by dammytosh: 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
babysnogls:
So if he takes what is mine wtout tellin me, is it stealing too?

yes it is stealing. He should be slapped.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Morgan1092(m): 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
searay: abeg u still get sister where marry yet?
U tink d 6ta will tek on ha
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
Op, think outside the box.

The man is trying to protect you fron unforseen circumstances.

Like discovering condoms, Viagara, etc.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Lenny5000(m): 1:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
babysnogls: I need to know. What is wrong in taking some change from your husbands pocket? Do all guys hate it or is it just mine?

Mine did not use to mind before but he later stopped me from doing it.(and i never took above a thousand naira.)

If i cooked food with my money and my hubby decides to scoop some without telling me, i wont get angry now, at least what is mine is his. Do all men dislike their wives taking money out of their pockets?

As long as you tell me, you can take whatever from my pocket, but it is very VITAL that I know... dont wanna go out thinking the money is there and when am about to pay for something only to discover its not there... This has nothing to do with taking food from the pot etc..
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by andyanders: 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
Valto: ^^^typical nigerian man!! marriage is a union. she is free to take as long she notifies him.

It's not a typical Nigerian man. She is ONLY RIGHT when she inform him first before taking the money.

You cannot just bang into your husband's pocket and take money from it. What if the money was given to him by someone? Always try to be prudent with what you do in your marriage. Let it be man/woman, you must be open to issues.If it was something the OP and her husband have an understanding, she will not come out here to say that her husband does not appreciate her doing so. Stealing is stealing no matter how little it is. Do not say it's a husband thing. If you both keep money together and have an understanding that you can take money from there when you need to do something, there wouldn't be an issue like this we are discussing.

Remember, even a white lady cannot just go to her husband's pocket and just pick money and make use of it without informing her husband. Even her salary, she cannot just spend her salary without the consent of her husband. They must have spelt out how their salaries will be spent. Either the man takes care of the rent and the wife takes care of groceries. She cannot just see money and start spending.
Do not come here to say is a Nigerian man's attitude. A thief is a thief. So you are saying your children can too go searching and collecting money from you/husband's pockets? They will end up stealing other peoples money when they cannot have access to their parent's money.

Do not encourage the OP here because it is a bad attitude. I know you do it and as such can even steal other Friend's money if they left their bags with you.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by yebo: 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
I do take money from my husband pocket only when I need a smaller denomination between 20 naira and 200 naira at most not that I don't have cash on me but I do take permission before taking it, d only reason y I don't take permission at times is when he's asleep n I need d money at that time n when he wakes up I'll let him knw. U there not tell my husband that u don't have cash on you, he wld be terrible mad at you, u must av informed him immediately u are running out of cash n he wld knw how to reimburse you, he belives anytin can happen dat we require money. So there's no reason for me to take any amount above 500 naira from his pocket especially when its above 500 naira upward.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by andyanders: 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
yebo: I do take money from my husband pocket only when I need a smaller denomination between 20 naira and 200 naira at most not that I don't have cash on me but I do take permission before taking it, d only reason y I don't take permission at times is when he's asleep n I need d money at that time n when he wakes up I'll let him knw. U there not tell my husband that u don't have cash on you, he wld be terrible mad at you, u must av informed him immediately u are running out of cash n he wld knw how to reimburse you, he belives anytin can happen dat we require money. So there's no reason for me to take any amount above 500 naira from his pocket especially when its above 500 naira upward.

You are a good woman.Always ask.Before the so called egg ran out in the house, she was supposed to have informed her husband prior to that time and why cant she wait till he comes back? So, it was was she was used too before she got married.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Valto(m): 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
andyanders:

It's not a typical Nigerian man. She is ONLY RIGHT when she inform him first before taking the money.

You cannot just bang into your husband's pocket and take money from it. What if the money was given to him by someone? Always try to be prudent with what you do in your marriage. Let it be man/woman, you must be open to issues.If it was something the OP and her husband have an understanding, she will not come out here to say that her husband does not appreciate her doing so. Stealing is stealing no matter how little it is. Do not say it's a husband thing. If you both keep money together and have an understanding that you can take money from there when you need to do something, there wouldn't be an issue like this we are discussing.

Remember, even a white lady cannot just go to her husband's pocket and just pick money and make use of it without informing her husband. Even her salary, she cannot just spend her salary without the consent of her husband. They must have spelt out how their salaries will be spent. Either the man takes care of the rent and the wife takes care of groceries. She cannot just see money and start spending.
Do not come here to say is a Nigerian man's attitude. A thief is a thief. So you are saying your children can too go searching and collecting money from you/husband's pockets? They will end up stealing other peoples money when they cannot have access to their parent's money.

Do not encourage the OP here because it is a bad attitude. I know you do it and as such can even steal other Friend's money if they left their bags with you.
u dont know me, yet are here spewing rubbish! and u fail to understand what the OP wrote. we are not talking about large sums here, so forget about spending salaries or money kept for someone...all she said is that she sometimes collect little amount of money from her hubby's pocket which she normally notify him and she never collects more that 1k.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by lastpage: 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
taryour: The answer to your question depends on the kind of man you are married to. You alone know his likes,if you know he doesn't like it and you go ahead and do it then you looked for trouble and deserve whatever comes out of it. And for those that their hubby don't mind,courtesy demands that you inform him before or after you have taken it to prevent issues. Some men like to keep changes in their pockets for reasons known to them so as we women so when you now get there and can't find it is annoying. I know a man who forgets his wallet a lot at home or in his car and always has extra money in his pocket.that's my hubby so I don't go to his pocket so I don't get into trouble rather I wouldn't even mind putting more in his pocket for him sef.

Am sure he would even read this post and smile to himself cause I don complain tire oo.
Thank you for "keeping it real".

Nothing wrong in taking money from your man's pocket (and vice-versa! wink ) but it is important to "alert him/her" that the money is no longer there ...at least to avoid the "surprise of this 'money don disappear' again"!
shocked grin grin

Understanding!, Understanding!! and Understanding!!! with a little dose of "mutual respect" is what matters most.

As for me, nothing gives me more pleasure than for my wife, the one l truly love, the one that brings me joy, to "chop my money"! .... I dont care! kiss kiss

Lastpage!
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by honeric01(m): 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
lastpage:
Thank you for "keeping it real".

Nothing wrong in taking money from your man's pocket (and vice-versa! wink ) but it is important to "alert him/her" that the money is no longer there ...at least to avoid the "surprise of this 'money don disappear' again"!
shocked grin grin

Understanding!, Understanding!! and Understanding!!! with a little dose of "mutual respect" is what matters most.

As for me, nothing gives me more pleasure than for my wife, the one l truly love, the one that brings me joy, to "chop my money"! .... I dont care! kiss kiss

Lastpage!

Do you have another you don't truly love?
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by jidewin(m): 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
babysnogls: I need to know. What is wrong in taking some change from your husbands pocket? Do all guys hate it or is it just mine?

Mine did not use to mind before but he later stopped me from doing it.(and i never took above a thousand naira.)

If i cooked food with my money and my hubby decides to scoop some without telling me, i wont get angry now, at least what is mine is his. Do all men dislike their wives taking money out of their pockets?
Emmm will you mind if he is doing same with your money by "steadily picking nice denominations" from your purse without your knowledge?.Just think and whatever answer truly comes from your heart,is also an answer to your post.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2013
@Op, U'd appear like a Puppy before him cool
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by ajetunde: 2:39pm On Apr 15, 2013

Its only wrong when you forget to tell him that you did OR, if you know he's broke and you go ahead and take some money. Bottom line, only do it when it's necessary (most times, just ask him for money).
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by HARDDON: 3:11pm On Apr 15, 2013
sanb: @Op; EVERYTHING IS WRONG; especially if it’s without his knowledge/consent. Let’s call a spade a spade. To me, I think it’s wrong for you not to inform your hubby that you’ll be taking some money out of his wallet. It doesn’t take 2 seconds to ask for permission.

That one is married doesn’t mean we shouldn’t ask/discuss before certain things are taking/done. Also note that it’s important to set a good example for the kids…..

Cute cut!

well layed.

you never can tell if he has plans for what is in his wallet.

he might even tell you to take more than you really need. but first, ask.

it show a lil respect for your man.

dont collect and wait for him to notice b4 telling as is prevalent
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Tokotaya: 3:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
OP, There will be as many answers as there are couples. Individual circumstances vary, as we are all unique. My pet peeves wont necessarily be your pet peeves. The rule of the thumb in marriage is, if it upsets him, then she needs to quit doing it, and vice versa; especially when there are alternatives. I probably wouldnt mind her taking the change as she deemed fit, but for the embarrassment it can cause. I once bought Mr Bigg's on the strength of the money I thought was in my wallet only to realise it was not there. I had to tell the attendant to please take the stuff back as 'her sista' had taken the money I thought was in my wallet. The lady just smiled knowingly, and I dashed to a nearby ATM to get some money and returned to pay for the stuff. My wife would usually tell me afterwards, but on this occasion, she left home while I was still asleep and I decided to take Mr. Biggs for breakfast on the spur of the moment. Most of the time I have no idea how much was left in my wallet. But there is always that one day you just know you have exactly N450 left in your wallet and it would be an embarassment to have made a purchase before realising it is not there.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by nagoma(m): 3:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
Valto: ^^^typical nigerian man!! marriage is a union. she is free to take as long she notifies him.

Of cause everybody is free to take even large ammounts when they notify and are given the go ahead. This is different that's why it's been discussed. If when i come in my wife tells me - "I have taken 5K naira from your pocket and paid the plumber, or sent for the fruits or paid my hair dresser or bought these nice pair of sandals etc. That is fine and it happens, but if she says nothing then it is stealing.Even what I said was okay should not be a routine but may happen occasionally.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Ehee: 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
Since two of u are one i think there is no problem collecting money frm ur half but where he does'nt like it, my dr put a stop to it further action is termed stealing.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by biolabee(m): 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2013
dammytosh: That is an unnecessary embarrassment all in the name of What is yours is mine.
True word!

dammytosh:

And to some of you screaming "Nigerian Man mentality". Unfortunately you don't even have a passport. You better wake up to the reality that you will get married to a Nigerian Man for now.

OUCHIE!!
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by tlops(m): 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
It is not about the taking, it is about other things you could find in his pocket that may not be good for ur eyes...

It is good that u inform him before or after taking money from his pocket so you don't leave him stranded....
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by lumeneng22: 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
Taking the money is one thing and agreeing to take the money when he ask is another thing especially when you are pregnant.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Orikinla(m): 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
lorretta u: A housewife in my village was beaten to death by her husband and her mother in-law.cos she took #200 from his shirt pocket to buy baby food for their 3month old baby when he wasn't around and the child was hungry.what do u call that?she has since been buried.the guy was jailed for two months and he's out.poor innocent baby is with his little single teenage aunty.cos the grandma is dead.the mother-in-law is out of the question cos she's wickedness personified.and some men will still try to justify such actions.(Example thos that released him from jail in two months
Don't worry.
Nemesis will soon visit them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland Christmas Giveaway 2018 Awareness Thread / Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? / Why Do Kids Hate Their Step Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.