Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? (14895 Views)

Lady Reunites With Her Twin Brother After They Were Separated At A Young Age / Promise Card: Do Kids Still Do This? / Why Some Women Become Bitter After A Failed Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 25, 2021
There are a number of obvious and remote reasons for the negative distant attitude of many kids towards their parents who are no longer together. It is true that not every one is happy about the homes being shattered. Still, there are some who take it more to heart than others and this is mostly the case with the children.

A major reason for this attitude is the feeling of deprivation the kids have. Very easily, kids feel they have been deprived by their parents of the privileges of the home. They find it hard to accept that their parents are not longer together and the once united family they had is no more.
Along with this sad state of mind comes the thought that their parents did not care and love them. Kids will likely think that if their parents cared so much about them, they would have stayed together to look after them.

At times, kids may feel less important to the parents and thus, unwanted. Factually or erroneously, they can nurse the thought of parents being selfish and insensitive. By feeling left alone, they get detached from these parents or parent who they feel does not have them in mind and thus become distant.

It is also common to have kids feeling a parent or both were being immature and careless about the family and in handling the issues in the home. Hence, towards such parent, kids may express gross disrespectful and disregard as well as strong dislike for.

Kids love to feel relevant and cherished, if for one reason or the other they are lacking this attention as a result of their parents pulling apart, this deficiency leads them to build these characters.

Whenever parents are not living up to their expectations and are not living up to the standards expected of them, they are bound to invite negative reviews to themselves from their kids. With this bad reviews also come bad response and reaction in terms of attitude.

Thus, we see as one prominent one, the recoil into shell and closing up of kids. They build the defensive mechanism or physically and emotionally resisting the parent. The walls created in such kids can grow so tall that it becomes impossible to scale.

Consequently, it is wise for parents to explore all available avenues to resolve their issues and disputes before settling for the final decision of splitting. Therefore, separation should only become an option as the last resort when all other means fail.
Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/08/30/why-do-kids-become-bitter-towards-separated-parents/

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Sonnobax15(m): 7:07am On Sep 25, 2021
lipsrsealed
Normally cha,no kid deserves that....I mean,the side effects of separation of parents na the children lives e for dey show.....

Why won't you be bitter towards the person who deprived you of a happy childhood Simply because of his/her selfish reasons undecided

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by MufasaLion: 7:17am On Sep 25, 2021
Q
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Davash222(m): 7:19am On Sep 25, 2021
The parent with the Kids will always sell bad image of the other parent to the kids.

This is exactly what Tonto Dike is doing right now. If the son is not street wise, he might grow to hate his dad not knowing the fault is from his mother.

Women are naturally manipulative. Don't allow a woman to solely train your child/children.

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by habsydiamond(m): 7:43am On Sep 25, 2021
Parental love is very essential to children.. Once there is divorce through conflict... One of the parent tend to paint the other parent bad in other to be on the good side of the children. It happens a lot these days... Since the woman usually get the custody of the kids.. They mostly poison the kids mind of the bad events of their father so that the children can forget about him and stick to her. That's devilish mehn.

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Jim99: 7:48am On Sep 25, 2021
Davash222:
The parent with the Kids will always sell bad image of the other parent to the kids.

This is exactly what Tonto Dike is doing right now. If the son is not street wise, he might grow to hate his dad not knowing the fault is from his mother.

Women are naturally manipulative. Don't allow a woman to solely train your child/children.

You've said it all.

Every woman is guilty of this. And 99% of the time, it backfires.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by chatinent: 8:26am On Sep 25, 2021
There isn't peace...and children will likely pick sides against who is at fault. Of course, they are watching.

No matter what one party tells them, they are watching.

They may not readily hate any parent, but they will be closer to the one they are more comfortable with.

27 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by samuel051: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2021
Many children grow up thinking they have a deadbeat father,not knowing all they really had was a bitter mother.(men are not saints either but will never go to the extreme a woman will in tarnishing their ex's image to their kid/s)

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2021
The pains of separation is caused. By the selfishness of both parents

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by hofeshhomes: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2021
Children need BOTH parents to grow. Some children are even embittered if one or their parents have kids outside the marriage and they find out about it

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by superCleanworks(m): 11:01am On Sep 25, 2021
why not?
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by ednut1(m): 11:02am On Sep 25, 2021
Because both parents try to make them hate each other

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Timoleon(m): 11:02am On Sep 25, 2021
Because kids are made to suffer for the selfishness of their parents.

After selfishly bringing children into the world, parents (through their obvious imperfections) end up leaving the children to struggle through life (in most cases).

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by FairlyUSEDpussy: 11:02am On Sep 25, 2021
J
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by wunmi590(m): 11:02am On Sep 25, 2021
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by abobote: 11:03am On Sep 25, 2021
Nice article, children deserve the best, and you can't get the best from a separated home

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by raindroup(m): 11:05am On Sep 25, 2021
The kid will grow up to understand nothing new here tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Unik3030: 11:05am On Sep 25, 2021
Listen to my sorry by lucky dube n u will understand better
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Brandonx(m): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2021
undecided
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by wunmi590(m): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2021
Davash222:

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Drsnives(m): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2021
My step brother comes to mind
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Emmanuel909090: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2021
shocked
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by datola: 11:09am On Sep 25, 2021
See better post.
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Godfullsam(m): 11:09am On Sep 25, 2021
Davash222:

That is why I must have the custody of my kids at all cost if I divorce my wife.

Men are free thinkers, they naturally don't like to shift blames.
Women on the other hand will naturally play the victim card and either confuse or convince the kids to make them believe that their father is evil.

I don't know why women are like that!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by jasmine1600: 11:10am On Sep 25, 2021
Life is a set up.
It doesn’t always work the way we plan.
If not for kids, no man would ever think of getting married.
Marriage it’s self is the greatest scam.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 25, 2021
Really... I think parents should try and make their children understand that even if the both party are separated they still love them(the children), parents should also try and say good things about their separated partner to their children. I believe everyone has the chance to look for their happiness elsewhere when the marriage doesn't suit them anymore.

I noticed some parents use the slightest chance to remind children how useless their father or their mother is. This kind of thing can also be bad for the child, the feeling of hurt will be immerse.

My mother never said a bad word against my father, so I've never had a wrong feelings towards him. Instead it is motivating me to look for him.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by biggerboyc(m): 11:11am On Sep 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by omofranyoung(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2021
[quote author=Davash222 post=106147315]The parent with the Kids will always sell bad image of the other parent to the kids.

Women are naturally manipulative. Don't allow a woman to solely train your

Gbam...
Re: Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? by Skillsnigeria: 11:12am On Sep 25, 2021
Reading

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Brother Saw Me Unclothed In The Bathroom, I Feel So Shy And Embarrassed / 10year Old Girl Give Birth After 8months Pregnancy / derailed topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.